Blocking Items for Sale

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,162 Times in 833 Posts
Default Blocking Items for Sale

When I click on New Posts I see up to several pages of recent material. This morning there were 80 threads and 31 of them were in the Items for Sale Forum. This seems about the usual ratio. Mr. Moderator, others, is there a way to not have the Items for Sale forum material included when I click on New Posts? Yes it is a small inconvenience to just skip them and yes I understand that when I click on page 2 then 3 etc. that generates more opportunity to have advertising exposure. I am just asking
Old 06-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

New Posts should have ALL new posts included which means for sale itms. Personally I don't see what the big deal is you are not obligated to open and read them. Just curious as to why this is an issue?
Old 06-02-2014, 11:30 AM
Sage

May or may not be an issue, but I agree that we should be able to block the for sale posts.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:45 AM

Agree! We can go to the for sale site if we want to buy something! Annoying ! If you find out how to block, please share
Old 06-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
When I click on New Posts I see up to several pages of recent material. This morning there were 80 threads and 31 of them were in the Items for Sale Forum. This seems about the usual ratio. Mr. Moderator, others, is there a way to not have the Items for Sale forum material included when I click on New Posts? Yes it is a small inconvenience to just skip them and yes I understand that when I click on page 2 then 3 etc. that generates more opportunity to have advertising exposure. I am just asking
I agree. Even if a minimum dollar amount were established, maybe $50, that would help.

But of course we must keep in mind that this site is wonderful.
And it's FREE for us to use.
If the Admins choose to allow any ad, it's still a great site!

Last edited by Barefoot; 06-02-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

I love the Items for Sale posts as they appear. Even though back in my home roost I have been able to make some great purchases without being at my snowbird nest! Not at all inconvenient for me!

Old 06-02-2014, 01:30 PM

Seems to me it is easier to just check new posts and not have to look in multiple places if you are wanting to buy something and want to read new posts. Just looking in one spot, new posts, is easier. Just don't posts that you're not interested in. I don't open every post, just what interests me. How hard is that?
Old 06-02-2014, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtrans View Post
Seems to me it is easier to just check new posts and not have to look in multiple places if you are wanting to buy something and want to read new posts. Just looking in one spot, new posts, is easier. Just don't posts that you're not interested in. I don't open every post, just what interests me. How hard is that?
You are correct that the items for sale are clearly marked and if you are not interested in those you can go past them and not open them.

That being said we are working on a new classified program to launch soon.

Regards

Admin
Old 06-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
You are correct that the items for sale are clearly marked and if you are not interested in those you can go past them and not open them.

That being said we are working on a new classified program to launch soon.

Regards

Admin
I am very glad, because it is kind of starting to look like Craig's List. One time somebody offered a blouse for sale for $2. Ridiculous! Goodwill charges more.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I am very glad, because it is kind of starting to look like Craig's List. One time somebody offered a blouse for sale for $2. Ridiculous! Goodwill charges more.
It's starting to look like one big ugly yard sale. I was under the impression this was a chat line for anyone to chat about TV, or whatever.

I do like the idea of the classified section, completely separate from the chat line.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-02-2014, 05:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
It's starting to look like one big ugly yard sale. I was under the impression this was a chat line for anyone to chat about TV, or whatever.

I do like the idea of the classified section, completely separate from the chat line.
Funny- I was just getting ready to add my comment that it was starting to look like a garage sale and yours popped up..
thanks for reading my mind..
I sorta like the for sale ads, cause I can laugh at what some people want to sell.. really?? Goodwill truck is behind Walmart.. go donate.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post

It is a chat line, but there is nothing wrong with selling your items on here!!!! I personally like it
Old 06-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Sage

Welllll, I agree with ya'll and have heard that admin is checking on the issue. there were 45 sales posts recently by the same poster, who never posted anything but ads. So, there's one hugely offensive poster upsetting the balance of our usual bliss.
Old 06-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy View Post
Funny- I was just getting ready to add my comment that it was starting to look like a garage sale and yours popped up..
thanks for reading my mind..
I sorta like the for sale ads, cause I can laugh at what some people want to sell.. really?? Goodwill truck is behind Walmart.. go donate.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrance View Post
i am very glad, because it is kind of starting to look like craig's list. One time somebody offered a blouse for sale for $2. Ridiculous! Goodwill charges more.
exactly!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.