Icons blocking threads/posts

Closed Thread
Old 12-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh View Post
I've had problems on and off since downloading 8. Recent upgrade, 8.1 also has difficulties for my iPad....but not all the time. Tried logging on today and absolutely could not read anything, so many icons all over the place. Now I just logged on and all seems well. If it happens again, I'll take a pic and send it along to admin. By the way, different icons each time things were "out of order."
I'm experiencing exactly the same problems as Pooh on my iPad after downloading 8.1. Some days icons are everywhere (and they differ from day to day) which makes reading posts impossible. Occasionally things are fine.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:18 AM

I had problems last week on my ipad with 8.1.1 When I hit the new post button it would ask if I wanted to log me out. I had to close and reopen safarai several times for it to go back to normal. I'll take a picture next time and post it. It also had the question marks all over the page.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:32 AM
Veteran member

My version is 8.1.1 and I have the problem on iPad. I was okay for a day but then it returned. Icons all over the place - sometimes a selection from the toolbar like " new posts" is repeated and scattered all over or someone's photo is scattered all over the page.
Nothing helps - it goes away on its own and then comes back.
Old 12-09-2014, 01:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow8IA View Post
I had problems last week on my ipad with 8.1.1 When I hit the new post button it would ask if I wanted to log me out. I had to close and reopen safarai several times for it to go back to normal. I'll take a picture next time and post it. It also had the question marks all over the page.
I get the question marks also blocking out the posts.
But tonight I got a little white dog in a skirt, actually about 50 of them, blocking out everything. I turned the iPad off, and then back on. Problem, solved, everything looks normal. Until the weirdness returns.
Old 12-09-2014, 06:21 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

For what it's worth....I use a MacBook Pro as my primary computer. On a couple of occasions, I have had the same problem on TOTV, using Safari on the MacBook. Therefore, this seems to be a problem with Safari and not an issue with iOS 8. On the MacBook, simply refreshing the screen solved the problem each time and it only happened a couple times. I suspect refreshing the screen on your iPad would have the same effect, but...

As a disclaimer: I am a beta software tester for Apple. This means I get pre-releases of software to test on the MacBook. This problem began, for me, months ago, as I began testing the latest OS for the Mac, Yosemite. I did report this issue to Apple and it seems to be corrected in the latest version of Yosemite and Safari. Although I am not a beta tester for iOS, I believe they have the same issue with Safari on iOS. I'm certain that a future release of iOS will correct this issue, but that might be a while.

In the meantime, for those of you having issues, I would recommend you go to the App Store and download the Chrome browser. This is a free download and should correct your problems with this site.

Hope this helps....
Old 12-09-2014, 07:01 AM
Sage

I do get the same icon issue on the Atomic Web browser on my iPad, so, it's not just safari. As others have said, rebooting or just shutting down and restarting the app can clear it up...til the next time.
Old 12-17-2014, 01:47 PM
Veteran member

Hi Admin, I saw the notice that you posted for me, and I have upgraded to 8.1.2. I still see some random icons popping on occasion, but things are greatly improved. I know you are still working on the issue, but I just wanted to let you know what the upgrade did for me.

Also, now that I've read the notice, how do I get it to stop showing up? Thanks
Old 12-17-2014, 01:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybo View Post
I have upgraded to 8.1.2. I still see some random icons popping on occasion, but things are greatly improved. I know you are still working on the issue, but I just wanted to let you know what the upgrade did for me.
Skybo, if you hit "dismiss" on the right side, the message will disappear.

I also upgraded my iPad to 8.1.2.
I'm still getting some blue bubbles and weird photographs and icons from time to time. But it has greatly improved.
Old 12-17-2014, 02:01 PM
Veteran member

Thanks Bare, after seeing your post, I went looking for the "dismiss" button. Didn't see one, but there was a blue question mark and when I hit that the message went away..Thanks for your help.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Sage
Default Boo to ios8

I have also been experiencing problem with my iPad after download ios8. New post icon replaced by something else, sometimes the threads on the left get real big. I will have to keep watch and post what else I see. Ios8 have affected my iPad terribly. Very slow to view pages and I have to continuously shut it down because it freezes.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:28 PM

Just got new iPad air 2. TOTV IS a mess the Quick Links icon is everywhere. Very difficult to read.
Old 12-17-2014, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Yes Apple has been slow to address this. Not an issue on desktop or Android/Samsung devices only Apple mobile which is a large number of people. Not a consistent issue either. Sometimes we experience it on our devices and other times the site is perfect.

We are working on what we hope to be a solution on our own. Thanks for your patience.

TOTV Team
Old 12-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Platinum member

My "browse" option is gone on my samsung phone...
Old 12-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Skybo, if you hit "dismiss" on the right side, the message will disappear.

I also upgraded my iPad to 8.1.2.
I'm still getting some blue bubbles and weird photographs and icons from time to time. But it has greatly improved.
Me too. Still having Random Issue such as icons all over, the page shrinking, and quote/multiquote off buttons replaced with yellow stars etc. better than it was, but still goes crazy from time to time. No consistency in the issues.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Me too. Still having Random Issue such as icons all over, the page shrinking, and quote/multiquote off buttons replaced with yellow stars etc. better than it was, but still goes crazy from time to time. No consistency in the issues.
Yes, I agree. The biggest problem is the command bar which often has a smiley face or a triangle in place of a tab. And I continue to get pictures of people and pets plastered everywhere that I've never seen before.

On a positive note, there is a slight improvement!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.