Looking for intermediate tennis players

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2013, 10:35 PM
Default Looking for intermediate tennis players

I'm new to the Villages and would like to find some new friends to play tennis at the Colony Rec. Center. I'm looking for intermediate players for doubles game.

Thanks,
Ken
Old 12-29-2013, 09:56 AM
Gold member
Default Try 2 or 3 pm on Sunday afternoons at Colony

We just got back from up north, so don't have a Rec News handy, but we went once in early Dec. and found a congenial group of doubles players, plan to return. Don't think you need your own partner, as games will form.

We plan to go back, probably not every week, but when we can. A couple from Wisconsin organizes it, and I think they also went north for the holidays. Also do a google search for Villages tennis association for other free tennis opportunities. I think you click on leagues and will see a contact person - or look in the rec news at different rec center outdoor activities, and call that rec center for the contact person (the one who reserves the courts), and ask questions.

Once you find a group that's appropriate, you'll likely get asked to sub/play in other groups, or find round robin groups where you just show up.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:14 AM

Thank you much for the information.

Ken
Old 12-30-2013, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVNLIFE View Post
I'm new to the Villages and would like to find some new friends to play tennis at the Colony Rec. Center. I'm looking for intermediate players for doubles game.

Thanks,
Ken
We have a great bunch of guys that play at Canal St on Tues and Thurs mornings. We are mostly 3.5 level. PM me if you are interested.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVNLIFE View Post

Thanks,
Ken
Just got here myself. I'm a 3.0 and might be interested if you're still looking.
By the way, We're looking for mixed doubles partners for some laid back tennis as well - she's a 2.0 or so.
Call us if you're interested - home is 352/633-1563 (her cell is 630/918-0031)

Kurt & Cheryl
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.