Lost Finger/s and Fireworks

Closed Thread
Old 07-12-2015, 12:28 PM
Sage
Default Lost Finger/s and Fireworks

The recent 4th of July has two players, one who have lost a finger, (JPP), and another player, who lost two fingers, (DJ Wilson), due to playing with fireworks!

Nothing sickens me more than to have the world of talent and throwing it all away, on such an immature act. This also includes players who have lost their life due to drug overdose of heroine, (Len Bias of the Boston Celtics), and the drunk driving of the Dallas Cowboy, who's teammate life was lost when the car crash, inflamed his vehicle. He got out and never went to try and save his friend. I can't remember their names.

One sports writer claims the NFL stands for, "No Finger League". UGGHHHH!!!!

I guess some people will say that these young people are prone to make mistakes and we all should have some empathy for them. All I can think of the millions lost and how this will affect their lives, going forward.

Shall we revive the "we are no role models", argument?

My late brother used to say, "some people just can't stand prosperity"!!!

Very sad, indeed.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-12-2015, 01:02 PM

And here in Texas a young man lit fireworks on chest and lost his life. Only 30 years old with a young son. Not sure if alcohol played into the poor choices. Very sad
Old 07-12-2015, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

My grandfather, a police officer, drilled it into me and my cousins, just how dangerous setting off fireworks could be. You can't buy them in Ohio. And I listened Poppie. And I taught my kids and they taught their kids the same thing.
Old 07-12-2015, 01:53 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

Most states have limited the shooting of fireworks to the professionals. Like many activities, alcohol does not mix well---shooting off fireworks is right there near the top of the list along with driving a car or golf cart.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Gee. I guess it's not my place to remark about fireworks safety on here. Huh. Carry on.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

///

Last edited by graciegirl; 07-12-2015 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:26 PM
Veteran member

Fireworks are not the problem if handled correctly and maturely (like guns). They are legal in many states. I mean how intelligent do you have to be to know that you DON'T light fireworks off on the top of your head, as was recently in the news. Or, diving head first into the low end of a pool and ending up paralyzed (it has happened). And, on and on. I think the cliché "you can't fix stupid" fits very well in these scenarios, too much alcohol is a poor excuse.
Closed Thread

Tags
lost, people, fireworks, life, due, finger, players, guess, sad, young, nfl, remember, friend, save, names, sports, league, stands, claims, writer, ugghhhh, make, revive, role, forward

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.