New York Jets Talk

Old 12-08-2010, 03:30 PM
Veteran member
Default clueless

First of all, let me start by saying that I am a Pats fan, and have been one since the beginning in 1960 when I was 10, and have been a fan of the Sox, Celts and Bruins before then. So you could say that I've hated N.Y. teams forever, like you N.Y. fans probably can't stand us, and that's the way it should be. With that being said, did any of you Jets fans see Santonio Holmes giving the first down signal and then shaking his head "no" to one of the Pats defenders saying something that looked like "you can't defend me"? Normally, this would be amusing, but his team was down by 4 TD's! This guy hasn't got a clue about team, it's all about him.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by laryb View Post
First of all, let me start by saying that I am a Pats fan, and have been one since the beginning in 1960 when I was 10, and have been a fan of the Sox, Celts and Bruins before then. So you could say that I've hated N.Y. teams forever, like you N.Y. fans probably can't stand us, and that's the way it should be. With that being said, did any of you Jets fans see Santonio Holmes giving the first down signal and then shaking his head "no" to one of the Pats defenders saying something that looked like "you can't defend me"? Normally, this would be amusing, but his team was down by 4 TD's! This guy hasn't got a clue about team, it's all about him.
I have wondered why a lot of players do something like that. I could see it if the player is trying to fire up his team if they have been playing poorly up to that point.

I agree that it is self indulgent and is saying, "look at me, I am great".

As a Yankee fan, I don't hate Red-Sox fans as I always look forward to their rivalry. It's alway a battle, marathon. and very exciting to watch.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Veteran member

I don't hate NY fans, it's the teams I can't stand. My oldest son is a Yankee fan () and I love him (except when their playing each other).
Old 12-09-2010, 09:17 AM
Veteran member

I'm with ya, laryb. I'm a New Englander by birth and my kids were born in NH and raised just north of Boston. They both now live in NYC and are very happy there, especially after they discovered that there are a lot of Red Sox themed bars where they can hang out with like-minded fans! Gave my son a bumper sticker a couple years ago that he has on a wall in his apt. It says "I Love New York.... It's The Yankees I hate!"

B.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
I'm with ya, laryb. I'm a New Englander by birth and my kids were born in NH and raised just north of Boston. They both now live in NYC and are very happy there, especially after they discovered that there are a lot of Red Sox themed bars where they can hang out with like-minded fans! Gave my son a bumper sticker a couple years ago that he has on a wall in his apt. It says "I Love New York.... It's The Yankees I hate!"

B.
I love it! Gonna git me one of those bumpa sticka's! With any luck I'll be down there by the 2011 World Series and be able to invite you over to watch our Sox win it all..... especially now that they signed Carl Crawford last night!!! (my way of saying "and the crowd goes wild!") Unfortunately, I won't be there for the Super Bowl, or I'd invite you over to watch the Pats!
Old 12-09-2010, 10:52 AM
Veteran member

Unfortunately, we're not in TV yet either. Still trying to sell the house in VA (been here the last 7 years for work). But as soon as we are, I'll bet we can put some great party's together with all the Sox and Pats fans already there! Looks like 2011 could be another 2004 and 2007 with both of them winning the big nut!

B.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Bosoxfan

Where are the Jetsssss ...Jets Jets Jets Fans??
Old 12-13-2010, 05:49 PM

The Jets . . . dirtest team in football . . . the crap starts with the head coach and flows downhill!

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/12/12/dolp...y-on-sideline/

Old 12-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Veteran member
Default Jets

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongoozler View Post
The Jets . . . dirtest team in football . . . the crap starts with the head coach and flows downhill!

That's has to be the dumbest statement I ever read...
Old 12-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aljetmet View Post
That's has to be the dumbest statement I ever read...
You obviously have not been on TOTV that long
Old 12-21-2010, 12:21 PM
Veteran member
Location: Clinton, CT Sarasota, FL, The Villages - July 10, 2009

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
You obviously have not been on TOTV that long
Old 12-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gongoozler View Post

That was an isolated incident in an emotional game, which had no bearing on the game. The Jets suspended the coach and he'll likely be fired. They manned up and took action.
Let's go back to 2007. The whiney assed Patriots got caught cheating, denied it and whimpered and complained like a bunch of little girls.
They were ultimately found to be guilty of cheating and punished. Even then, when it was proven that they were cheaters, they cried and complained, bitched and moaned.
Hmmmm, doesn't sound like the Jets are the dirtiest team in football to me.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
That was an isolated incident in an emotional game, which had no bearing on the game. The Jets suspended the coach and he'll likely be fired. They manned up and took action.
Let's go back to 2007. The whiney assed Patriots got caught cheating, denied it and whimpered and complained like a bunch of little girls.
They were ultimately found to be guilty of cheating and punished. Even then, when it was proven that they were cheaters, they cried and complained, bitched and moaned.
As a Pats fan we can agree to disagree on that one.

After that incident, Belichick was livid, because it was reported that he had direct evidence that what they did was allowable. Kraft had to talk him off the ledge because he was talking about suing the NFL since his name was sullied. But in the end Kraft prevailed and they took the punishment.

Strange thing how we continued to win even after all that cheating stopped. Brady (Cassel for one season) and Belichick are 50-13 after they had to stop that nasty cheating that gave them such a big advantage.

But I do agree that the recent Jets incident is a lot to do about nothing. Jets will be tough in the playoffs and ARE the team to beat next year.

Last edited by Russ_Boston; 12-21-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-21-2010, 01:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
What incredible revisionist history! The Pats did anything but whimper and complain, etc! They took their medicine, fines, and lost draft choices and went on to beat everyone in the league that year with the exception of the final game! I guess the taping really made a difference in how well they were able to play, right? 18 - 1 that year, and 33 - 13 since 2008. Yeah, right! Now, Pats fans like me were in fact very disappointed in the taping activity. Doesn't feel good when your team is caught doing something against the rules. But their response to the situation, that year and since, has been admirable.

B.
Old 12-21-2010, 06:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandsdavis View Post
What incredible revisionist history! The Pats did anything but whimper and complain, etc! They took their medicine, fines, and lost draft choices and went on to beat everyone in the league that year with the exception of the final game! I guess the taping really made a difference in how well they were able to play, right? 18 - 1 that year, and 33 - 13 since 2008. Yeah, right! Now, Pats fans like me were in fact very disappointed in the taping activity. Doesn't feel good when your team is caught doing something against the rules. But their response to the situation, that year and since, has been admirable.

B.
Calm down dude, I'm just busting your b**** a little. One of my favorite activities is needling Red Sox and Patriot fans. Kind of like you guys do to us. When Super Bowl time comes if you guys are there I'll be a N.E. fan, unless the Giants are there too. In that case it'll be "those blankety blank, whimpering, whining" you get the picture.
All part of the game.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.