Diminishing size of recreational centers??

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2010, 04:14 PM
Default Diminishing size of recreational centers??

We have visited TV four times now and notice the Recreation Centers seems to be getting smaller as you head south. We seem to remember large centers with many rooms for clubs and activities which were very well appointed. Do the villages get smaller in size as they are being built and thereby use smaller centers for smaller neighborhoods? We were very impressed in November with the craft fair! Thanks to the strangers that let us taste their flatbed pastries off the truck! It really IS a friendly community!
Old 11-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Sage

linandvin - There are actually 3 different types of rec centers. I used to think there were only 2 - the Neighborhood Centers and the Regional Centers. There are actually 3! Maybe you're seeing some of what are termed Village Centers and thinking they are Regional Centers.

Check this link out - it might help clear it up! Hope it helps - - -

http://www.thevillages.com/Recreatio...ionCenters.asp

Bill
Old 11-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linandvin View Post
We have visited TV four times now and notice the Recreation Centers seems to be getting smaller as you head south. We seem to remember large centers with many rooms for clubs and activities which were very well appointed. Do the villages get smaller in size as they are being built and thereby use smaller centers for smaller neighborhoods? We were very impressed in November with the craft fair! Thanks to the strangers that let us taste their flatbed pastries off the truck! It really IS a friendly community!
OK OK you caught us ,,rumor has it that most of the people on the south side are under 5 ft 3" ....and in their kitchens there's only enough room for flat bread , (nothing puffed up ).....
I was told if you want more info to contact DANNY DEVITO who is looking for a house on 466a ......
Of course this could be just another rumor .....

fumar the rumor monger
Old 11-24-2010, 04:55 PM

Fumar, that was VERY funny!! and thank you B/B...now we understand the difference(s). I thought maybe the density of the village determined size, but that wouldn't make sense. Which I sometimes don't anyway! It was an interesting visit and we see more and more positives about TV each time.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post
OK OK you caught us ,,rumor has it that most of the people on the south side are under 5 ft 3" ....and in their kitchens there's only enough room for flat bread , (nothing puffed up ).....
I was told if you want more info to contact DANNY DEVITO who is looking for a house on 466a ......

fumar the rumor monger

Dear Mr. Fumar, Sir:

While I think you might be on to something with that flat bread thing, I must respectfully disagree with you on that other part about how kitchens are measured.

In fact, this very topic came up, at our house, just this afternoon, when Boomette, my daughter, and my granddaughter Boomvette were here to help get things ready for tomorrow.

Kitchens are not measured by the height of the people using them. Kitchens are measured by the number of butts that can fit into the kitchen at the same time.

For instance, my kitchen is a 3-butt kitchen.

Please keep in mind that this method of kitchen measurement has very little to do with the size of the butts. The other two butts that were in the kitchen with me are still under control, but my own butt (sigh) well......it ain't what it used to be. But I digress.....

Anyway, what I mean is that in my kitchen 3 people can work together and have individual counter space to use and can also move around without bumping into each other while carrying big knives.

In a pinch, it might be possible to make room for a 4th butt in my kitchen, but that would be kind of like calling 2 bedrooms and a den 3 bedrooms.

Just wanted to let you know.

Helpful Boomer
Old 11-24-2010, 05:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Fumar View Post

fumar the rumor monger
Bad Fumar, bad Fumar....now the secret is out.......
Old 11-24-2010, 05:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Dear Mr. Fumar, Sir:

While I think you might be on to something with that flat bread thing, I must respectfully disagree with you on that other part about how kitchens are measured.

In fact, this very topic came up, at our house, just this afternoon, when Boomette, my daughter, and my granddaughter Boomvette were here to help get things ready for tomorrow.

Kitchens are not measured by the height of the people using them. Kitchens are measured by the number of butts that can fit into the kitchen at the same time.

For instance, my kitchen is a 3-butt kitchen.

Please keep in mind that this method of kitchen measurement has very little to do with the size of the butts. The other two butts that were in the kitchen with me are still under control, but my own butt (sigh) well......it ain't what it used to be. But I digress.....

Anyway, what I mean is that in my kitchen 3 people can work together and have individual counter space to use and can also move around without bumping into each other while carrying big knives.

In a pinch, it might be possible to make room for a 4th butt in my kitchen, but that would be kind of like calling 2 bedrooms and a den 3 bedrooms.

Just wanted to let you know.

Helpful Boomer
Damnation, Boomer, I was drinking some milk and your post made me spit all over my computer......
Old 11-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Sage

Fumar and Boomer
Providing good humor!

Old 11-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Oh my goodness this is an old thread. Where is Boomer? Is Boomer Carol Sells?

Can a girl from a little mining town in the West find happiness with a wealthy and titled Englisman?

Where do babies come from?

Questions, Questions, Questions.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-30-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:06 PM
Sage

Northside villages also have neighborhood pools at the mail drops.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:02 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

Pturner, maybe "most" northside have that but certainly not "all". Alhambra does not have a pool nor a village rec center (or any rec center, for that matter).
Old 11-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Sage

I think even the rec center pools (re: family) south of 466 are quite large. I know that mine has a kitchen area designed to service two function rooms, a room with 6 billiard tables, a large entry way and of course the standard outside area (pool, pickleball courts, tennis courts, bocce etc.). Big enough for me! I think they have standardized most of the plans below 466.

Of course the regional centers like Colony and Seabreeze are much larger.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Pturner, maybe "most" northside have that but certainly not "all". Alhambra does not have a pool nor a village rec center (or any rec center, for that matter).
I'm glad you posted this Bryan, we're renting in Alhambra at the present time and have wondered where the pool and the Rec. center were. Now we can quit wondering and looking. Thanks

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 11-25-2010, 01:19 PM
Sage

A new comedy team, "Fumar and Boomer". Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanks for the laugh.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:12 AM

Santiago has a pool and a small rec center which serves Santiage, Santo Domingo, and Alhambra I believe.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.