Electric Car Charging Stations in TV?

Closed Thread
Old 10-21-2016, 04:41 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=ColdNoMore;1308646
If they eventually do it at the Okahumpka Travel Plaza, you can actually get on the Turnpike off of 301, drive down and recharge and then get back...without paying any tolls. [/QUOTE]

If you can afford a Tesla then saving a couple dollars for a charge isn't important, not to mention the inconvenience of hanging around a turnpike plaza for a long time.
Old 10-21-2016, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I'm waiting for the solar powered car that, with all of the subsidies and tax breaks, will be free...by voting No on Amendment 1.

Or, since I heard the state tax subsidies/exemptions for solar cars will be so humongous...should I hold out until they pay me to buy one?

Decisions, decisions. decisions.

I'd like to nominate you for Best Post of the Day.
Old 10-21-2016, 06:59 PM
Platinum member
Smile Free?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I'm waiting for the solar powered car that, with all of the subsidies and tax breaks, will be free...by voting No on Amendment 1.

Or, since I heard the state tax subsidies/exemptions for solar cars will be so humongous...should I hold out until they pay me to buy one?

Decisions, decisions. decisions.

This week a friend of mine drove his Tesla from Tampa to Gainesville, to St. Augustine, back to Gainesville, and then headed for Tampa.

He had to stop at the Tesla free recharging station in Ocala to get enough of a charge to get home.

No all-electric car for me (just as I will never own another electric golf cart.) But I would consider a hybrid if I could always have a gas engine to fall back on.

To the point of the quote above. Libertarian TV personality John Stossel had a program a few years ago where he featured his golf cart which he obtained for FREE using various government tax incentives. (Electric I believe.)

As soon as word got out that this could be done, the government changed the incentive program so that no one else could get one for free.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:40 PM

My '16 Prius IV gets 70mpg around TVs and operates on batteries 48% of the time -- no charging req'ed - not a plug in vehicle
Old 01-02-2017, 02:38 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard ingram View Post
My '16 Prius IV gets 70mpg around TVs and operates on batteries 48% of the time -- no charging req'ed - not a plug in vehicle
The newer Prius Prime is a plug in hybrid....I am very impressed with it. This is what Toyota said they tried to make the Prius Gen IV, but did not have the time, etc.

It is worth checking out.
2017 Toyota Prius Prime Plug-In Hybrid | Let's imagine the new possible.

Tags
electric, stations, charging, villages, automobile

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.