Yes, You Should Still Use a Travel Agent to Book a Cruise

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2016, 12:03 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Yes, You Should Still Use a Travel Agent to Book a Cruise

Yes, You Should Still Use a Travel Agent to Book a Cruise

I've been on almost 50 cruises.
You could say I'm a cruise expert. I also know how to use a computer and can Google stuff.
Therefore, I can quite competently search for and book my own cruises.
You know what? I still use a travel agent.

CLICK HERE TO READ FULL ARTICLE

OmniTours
"Personalizing Group Travel"

Toll Free: 877-787-OMNI (6664)
Toll Free FAX: 877-787-6658
OmniTours - Personalizing Group Travel - Dance Cruises & Group CruisesOmniTours | Personalizing Group Travel – Dance Cruises & Group Cruises
Old 12-26-2016, 06:45 PM
Platinum member
Post Good experience with Travel Agents

Starting with full disclosure, I haven't been cruising in the last three years. But, prior to my injury I cruised at least once a year, and often twice a year. In some years I added a third three day cruise (hardly worth the effort) from Port Canaveral. My late wife and I planned one "big trip" a year and two "smaller" trips.

We had loyalty cards with such cruise lines as Princess and Royal Caribbean. We cruised with Holland America, Norwegian Cruise Lines, and others. We tended to sail with the lines which are known to cater to older travelers.

We sailed on Carnival only twice. Once was a three day cruise on which we were guests of friends. The second was our last on this line that caters to the young and rambunctious.

All of that is prelude to saying that over the years we used Travel Agents for some cruises and made our own bookings for others. That gives me a basis for giving my opinion.

If going on a cruise in the future I would work with a Travel Agent. I just tell the agent what kind of accommodations I want and rely on the agent to dig out what I want. In most cases the agent has relationships with the bookers at the cruise lines and they can induce them to give some incentives for me to book on their ship.

I have never found it to cost more for me to work through a Travel Agent. They earn a commission through the cruise lines. Even as a "club level" loyalty member of a line I seldom find a significant fare saving by doing my own booking.

I also have worked with one particular person at the Travel Agency, building up a relationship that assures that the agent knows what I want for a successful trip. In many cases the agent has made the trip I am contemplating and can describe the shore trips in detail, helping me make my selection.

And, finally, the Agent makes all of the arrangements and then gives a completed package to me with all of the documentation, details and paperwork.

The original posting was by a TOTV advertiser. I am not familiar with the company so I can neither recommend nor oppose using this company. In my case I always used a Cruise Consultant at the AAA office with great success. But, again, I've never used AAA in The Villages either. I am just posting in favor of the concept of using a Travel Agent.
Old 12-27-2016, 09:18 AM
Sage

Thanks, Carl. That is a good explanation on the benefits of using a travel agent, especially if they rebook at a lower rate. I love SW Air 'cause they'll let you do that, too and credit your account.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:58 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you both for your input!
Please let us know if we can assist you with any future travel plans!
Happy New Year!
OmniTours
Closed Thread

Tags
travel, book, cruise, agent, free

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.