April "pro" pickleball event back on!!!

Closed Thread
Old 02-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Default April "pro" pickleball event back on!!!

I know we had many disappointed players when the Rec Dept had to cancel the April "National" pickleball tournament and the "Pro" exhibition tournament and clinic. They were worried that expenses for this event would not be covered.

I just want to let everyone know that although the usapa sanctioned tournament is gone, the two day exhibition/clinic featuring the best players in the world is BACK ON FOR SURE.

I have been in touch with the "Pros" and although we had to change the dates by one day, the event will most definately be held. The newly forming VILLAGES PICKLEBALL CLUB will be sponsoring this event. The rec dept has already given the new club April 21 and 22 at Bradenton Rec Center courts to hold this world class event.

Most important is trying to get the word out about the newly forming club. The initial meeting of the VILLAGES PICKLEBALL CLUB will be at Lake Miona Rec Center in the Defender and Intrepid Rooms on Friday next week Feb 15th at 1:00 until 1:50.

PLEASE TRY AND COME TO OUR INITIAL MEETING IF YOU CARE ABOUT PICKLEBALL. We want this to be a club for ALL levels of play, not just an elite group. We expect to be able to provide membership at this meeting and to also sell tickets ($12) to this two day exhibition/clinic to non members. Members of the club will get free entry into this event and future ones also so being a member will have its privileges.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me

jeff .................. JLSHANK@HOTMAIL.COM
Old 02-06-2013, 07:55 PM
Soaring Eagle member

bump
Old 02-09-2013, 02:24 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy View Post
I know we had many disappointed players when the Rec Dept had to cancel the April "National" pickleball tournament and the "Pro" exhibition tournament and clinic. They were worried that expenses for this event would not be covered.

I just want to let everyone know that although the usapa sanctioned tournament is gone, the two day exhibition/clinic featuring the best players in the world is BACK ON FOR SURE.

I have been in touch with the "Pros" and although we had to change the dates by one day, the event will most definately be held. The newly forming VILLAGES PICKLEBALL CLUB will be sponsoring this event. The rec dept has already given the new club April 21 and 22 at Bradenton Rec Center courts to hold this world class event.

Most important is trying to get the word out about the newly forming club. The initial meeting of the VILLAGES PICKLEBALL CLUB will be at Lake Miona Rec Center in the Defender and Intrepid Rooms on Friday next week Feb 15th at 1:00 until 1:50.

PLEASE TRY AND COME TO OUR INITIAL MEETING IF YOU CARE ABOUT PICKLEBALL. We want this to be a club for ALL levels of play, not just an elite group. We expect to be able to provide membership at this meeting and to also sell tickets ($12) to this two day exhibition/clinic to non members. Members of the club will get free entry into this event and future ones also so being a member will have its privileges.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me

jeff .................. JLSHANK@HOTMAIL.COM
Jeffy,

I read this post and since your trying to spread the word about this newly formed club.... I wanted to suggest you listing the "VILLAGES PICKLEBALL CLUB" in our club section on TOTV. Simply go to the top of this site and register your club under the tab "Clubs". Hopes this helps and glad that the pickleball is back on for April... Admin
Old 04-19-2013, 05:43 AM

Is there an update on the clinic/exhibition?
Been looking around and would like to see these players.
Please advise....thanks

LatDoc
Old 04-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Gold member

I think now if you are not a member of the pickleball club you need to pay $12 to watch the exhibition. Seems a little steep to me. I believe it is this weekend at Bradenton Rec Center, not sure which day or days.
Old 04-19-2013, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

$12 steep? two cups of coffee at starbucks! NOW that's STEEP.!
Old 04-20-2013, 05:52 AM

Thanks for the info....I don't care about the price...love to see it...is there someplace I can get more details? Like who is coming and what the schedule is. Thanks in advance.

LatDoc
Old 04-22-2013, 05:10 AM

I ended up going to the event....it was terrific...got to see some great play and saw all the big names in pickleball up close...I wish I had stayed for today's clinic...and would have had I known the details...well worth the 12 bucks...

LatDoc
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.