New Pickleball club in TV

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2013, 08:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts
Default New Pickleball club in TV

(Admin, help! I don't know where to put this.)

There is a new pickleball club starting in TV. There will probably be dues, and exactly what it will entail is just beginning to be outlined, but they have taken over the tournament/exhibition that was supposed to happen in the Spring but got canceled last December (it's now back on). Here is the email info if you would like to attend the first meeting on Friday, 1:00 at Miona:

In an effort to bring top quality pickleball events to The Villages, a club is being formed. Joining the club will not engender any obligations, other than paying yearly dues and having fun :-)

The first meeting will be this coming Friday, Feb 15th, in the Defender room of the Lake Miona Rec Center from 1:00 to 1:50 pm.

If you are interested in a wide variety of quality events being put on throughout the year, events geared to all players, then your support is needed.

On the agenda this meeting will be the April Exhibition Tournament featuring the top PRO players in the world. The April event will be held at the new Bradenton Rec Center just south of Rt 466A on April 21st and 22nd.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 AM
Veteran member

There's an article in todays Daily Sun. Sounds like a great idea to take pressure off the Rec Dept and the residents getting what they want.

I play pickleball for the 'fun of it'. Laughing, intimidating, razzing, & a little exercise. Just give me 1-2 hours on & off the court and I'm happy. I don't need tournaments, stats, or especially an audience.

Keep that in mind new club!
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 03-21-2013, 10:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
There's an article in todays Daily Sun. Sounds like a great idea to take pressure off the Rec Dept and the residents getting what they want.

I play pickleball for the 'fun of it'. Laughing, intimidating, razzing, & a little exercise. Just give me 1-2 hours on & off the court and I'm happy. I don't need tournaments, stats, or especially an audience.

Keep that in mind new club!
Nothing was said about you having an audience. It was about being able to watch the pros play for a couple of hours.

And playing pickleball for intimidating??? Guess I don't get that.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:26 PM

What is the phone number or email address to contact to join.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:36 PM
Sage

I'm sorry, but the club was closed at 330 members. They intended to close it at 250, but so many people showed up at the last signup meeting that they felt they had to include everybody in the room. I think it really took off faster and farther than Jeff Shenk, who formed it, thought it would.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.