Pickleball Rating

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Platinum member
Default Pickleball Rating

I have noticed that some Pickleball Tournament sign-ups require that you be rated at 3-3.5 or 4-4.5 or whatever. I am by no means ready for any tournaments, but am curious as to how the rating is established. Does anyone here know how one gets rated or who does the rating? Also, if you know, what are the different ratings and what differentiates them and how high do they go?

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 09-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Default Pickleball Rating System

The PCVG does the ratings for the Rec Dept. Due to overwhelming numbers of players a self rating system is used. You can get a self rating form at any rec center, you read the ratings which range from 1.0 (new beginning player) to 4.5 (advanced tournament player) and rate yourself accordingly. Rating clinics are held 4 times a year for people who would like to see if their rating has changed. The next one is on Sept 28th at Seabreeze (see Rec News). Ratings are posted on the PCVG website pickleballcommunity.com
Old 09-06-2012, 07:02 AM
Platinum member

Thanks, I'll check into that.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 09-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Location: Brooklyn, NY Queens, NY Village of Summerhill, Village of Santiago

Here's a link to an old article about a pickleball rating clinic held at TV.

Pickleball rating clinic gauges playing ability, evens competition - The Villages Daily Sun: Villages
Old 09-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Veteran member

My wife and I have been in TV for 5 weeks. We love our new home and TV. She likes the pool and art classes and I love the golf. I want to learn to play pickleball. I went to Colony on Sat morning for the 101 class but did not know you have to sign up before hand. Is it necessary to take the 101,102 etc. classes in order to play.?Where is the next class?
Old 09-09-2012, 10:30 PM
Location: Brooklyn, NY Queens, NY Village of Summerhill, Village of Santiago

Here's a link to the recreation schedule. if is says Open Play, you can just show up and play.
It also shows when and where the next classes are. Listed by Rec Center

http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/a...es/recnews.pdf
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.