Why no Pay per hour lighted courts?

Closed Thread
Old 11-17-2014, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

Lopez country club has lighted tennis courts. Not sure about how often they are used at night but doesn't seem to be a concern about liability. Why would an adequately lighted court create more liability?

I would think the solid iron posts, with no padding, holding up pickle ball nets is a bigger concern but even that isn't an issue.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I cannot help myself. We lived adjacent to Odell rec center for four years. I am talkin' right up against the shuffleboard courts. Usually things were great, no drama, no problems, but in the high season toward sundown we would get some interesting folks with a little booze in them. WOW. It was either entertaining or annoying depending on our mood.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rc Moser View Post
I guess that answers that question? I still not too old, so I don't go to bed before 7PM. I like some of the smart$$$ answers like baabaa before you moved here. How about before you moved here? And we wonder why post turn sour.
A sense of humor and a little patience go so far to make anyone's life easier.

AND, the powers that be that decided these things may have realized just how much alcohol figures into any equation here. I can see it all now. Hey guys, let's go down and hit some balls around, bring the pitcher.

I know R.C. that you are a very good tennis player and probably have quickly become addicted to pickleball. Now that you are living here full time, if you wait past the high season, the courts are more easily attained at all times.
Old 11-17-2014, 09:38 AM
Eternal Member

When we lived in Santiago, we could hear them playing Pickleball loud and clear.
No problem during the day.
I definitely would not want to listen to that at night.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:04 AM
Veteran member

I would not want to buy a house that was close enough to hear the non-stop pinging from the pickleball courts all day long. To have lights to extend the noise into the evening would drive me crazy.

But, that is why The Villages has many many options for people purchasing homes here. What is appealing to some is not appealing to others.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
At Least no one said if you don't like it move.
I was waiting for that. Don't worry that won't discourage me. Hey Cisco I was in Morton in Aug. Went to Washington several times to the 5 point center. swimming. have you tried the indoor pickleball there I think once week? real nice facility.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:39 AM
Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
I think it would be a great idea to add a few of the paid timers on some of the courts. You should take that to the Amenities Authority Committee. VCDD Amenity Authority Committee - AAC

I spoke before them twice on behalf of a group of us who wanted to get lights and fans under a shelter at the Hilltop Pool on the original side. They were great and explained everything to us and we got the lights and fans under the shelter. You never know until you try. It is our money and they work for us.

The AAC only has jurisdiction over areas north of CR466. Residents living south of CR466 have to make their request directly to the developer.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.