Name:	giglio after6 (2).jpg
Views:	4540
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	81139   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	chandler 3 (2).jpg
Views:	4628
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	81140  

Last edited by Ad poster; 10-03-2019 at 01:19 PM.
Old 11-01-2023, 12:51 PM
Default D and D Villages Construction, 2 First Class Projects.

This is a follow up review of D and D Villages Construction.
Back in 2020 we had D and D do a rather large remodel project for us. The last thing Dennis, the owner of D and D said after the job was completed was that if we ever have a problem with any part of the job he would fix it for as long as we owned this house. Well, we did have a problem 3 years later. A window had some odd lines between the two panes of glass, not really cracks but something was going on in there that needed fixing. I called Dennis and he contacted Anderson windows and got them to send a replacement window. It took some time to get them as they are custom windows, but that was to be expected. As soon as the windows arrived Dennis sent out one of his crew to install it. I call that great service, and highly recommend D & D for any construction project you might be thinking of having done.
As a result of all this we had D and D add another a 200 sq. ft. room onto our home, and yes we were just as happy with this latest project as we were with the first one that they did for us.
The following is my original review of D and D.

D and D Villages Construction just finished a rather large remodel project for us and if you are planning such a project I would like to recommend them to you.
When I was researching possible contractors to hire for our job, D and D stood out as one of the best in The Villages. We got bids from several contractors chose D and D because the price was fair and, well we just liked Dennis, the owner of the company.
I've had a number experiences with building contractors and some were bad, very bad. I once had an experience here in The Villages with a contractor and it was a few months of hell. I had to be watching them every minute to make sure things got done right. It was a miserable experience. Not so with Dennis and D and D construction. Working with Dennis and his crew has been a pleasure. I didn't have to worry about their work at all. Everything from our meeting with Dennis and getting the contract signed all the way to the final inspection was totally painless. All of the workers on the job were top notch professionals, knew their business and were just good people to have around you. In addition to Dennis’s crew all of the subcontractors were great too. I think Dennis only uses the best electrical, plumbing and AC subcontractors in this area.
A few times issues came up where I wanted to make a change of plans. Every time Dennis responded with, “Whatever you want”. No haggling over it, just, “Whatever you want”. And that is what we got. Exactly what we wanted without any grief or misery.
So, today I made the final payment to Dennis and he told me that if we ever have a problem with a window sticking or anything else that isn't just right to just call him and he'd get it fixed FOR AS LONG AS WE LIVE HERE!!! And you know what, I actually believe him.
If you want a quality job done on your next project check out Dennis at D and D Villages Construction. Phone #352 267-5687
John and Kathy Hunter
The Village of El Santiago
Old 05-12-2023, 01:08 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,570 Times in 424 Posts

I just had D and D add on a birdcage to the side of my patio villa. Irrigation lines needed to be re-routed, concrete poured, and the birdcage built. I could not be more pleased with the final product. I found the owner, Dennis, and his crew to be professional and friendly. Their workmanship was excellent. The crew arrived each day on time, they cleaned up each day, and the owner, Dennis, was very good about keeping me current with frequent calls regarding updates and timelines. I enthusiastically recommend D and D and would not hesitate to use them again for any future projects.
Old 05-03-2023, 10:33 AM
Default Incredible job!!!!

Our home was built in 2012. The screened lanai had two corner posts that were rotting and deteriorating. After calling about 5 companies with mixed responses, we called D&D and spoke to Dennis. The very next day he inspected the job and emailed an estimate to me that was very detailed and reasonably priced. My mouth dropped when he said that they could get started on the work the next day!

Mike arrived at our house on time, shored up and removed the two posts and replaced them with treated and improved columns that will not rot. The posts were wrapped in aluminum to match the rest of the lanai, all of the screens were replaced, and the entire job was fully completed in two days. We have a brand-new lanai!! Everything was cleaned up and our lanai looks brand new!

I highly recommend D&D Village Construction Inc., and CAN NOT WAIT to use them again. A real joy to work with.
Old 03-01-2023, 02:30 PM
Default Enclosing Our Lanai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ad poster View Post
D&D Village Construction, Inc.

Room Additions
Golf Cart Garages
Lanai Enclosures
Screenroom Conversions
Birdcages
Pergolas
Energy Efficient Windows

Over 20 Years of Satisfied Village Customers

COME VISIT OUR SHOWROOM AT:

4081 CR 106
Oxford, Florida 34484 USA

(Next to Bargains & Treasures)

Feel free to call us at:
352-267-5687

Dennis and his D&D team enclosed our lanai, about 30x15, with full height glass sliders and a 12x15 outside BBQ pad on one end with power and gas for the grilling area. They are a real pleasure to work with. their consul was excellent during our planning, the install teams were very professional, did a great install and their followup has been superb. We had a defect issue with one of the doors which Dennis took up personally with the manufacturer, got us a new door and installed it right away. We, also, recommended D&D to some neighbors who have had a similar experience as ours with their enclosure. This is a contractor who you can trust and depend on. We would go to them again in a heartbeat.
Old 01-01-2023, 11:42 PM
Default Remodeling My Courtyard Villa

D & D Construction added an additional 6 feet to my existing lanai. By adding 6 feet to my lanai and enclosing it with tinted hurricane grade windows and door, provided a beautiful 16' x 14' room to my home. The sliding glass door was removed and that room flows perfectly with the rest of the home. Dennis and his crew were great to work with--honest, competent, fair, and dedicated to their profession. I would use them again should I need more construction. Thank you!!!
Old 11-17-2020, 06:51 PM

D & D Village Construction just finished up a wonderful 18’ x 30’ roofed lanai addition along with an attached birdcage and pergola at our home. Both Dennis and the crew were great to work with. They were all friendly, quick to answer questions and constantly making sure we were pleased with the progress. We are very satisfied with the entire process.
Old 10-25-2020, 10:16 AM
Thumbs up Fantastic company

I can't give these guys enough credit. They gave me an estimate and did the job, on time, on cost, and without any hassles. If I could give them 100 stars I would. If you want something done, do it right the first time, and this company did just that. I learned from my Grandad early in life some simple advice, "With low bidder, you don't get topsoil". I did what I always do when having a major project done, get two or three bids, then Usually I use the middle guy. Not always, but usually, as it's usually that middle ground is where my experiences have given the best results. boy did I get topsoil with D & D Villages construction. Thanks, Dennis
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	New Lanai-1.jpg
Views:	2795
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	86722   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	New Lanai-2.jpg
Views:	2846
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	86723   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	New Lanai-3.jpg
Views:	2841
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	86724  
Old 04-30-2020, 01:31 PM
Smile D&D Construction - Great Company

D&D put an addition on our house. They were a great company to work with. Prompt, flexible and extremely nice. Very accommodating. Fast and reliable. Dennis told us that after the addition was complete people would think that the addition was part of the original construction. We have received many comments from our neighbors that mirror his promise. I would definitely recommend D&D.
Old 03-03-2020, 04:07 PM
Thumbs up Excellence all the way!

After years of experience with remodels, upgrades, etc. D&D Village Construction was by far the BEST of the BEST ever!!! We recently added an additional garage to our home as well as enclosed our lanai with windows, sliding doors and exit door. The work done by D&D and crew was excellent. Dennis, the boss, was a pleasure to deal with.
The contract was spelled out from obtaining permits and approvals to the final inspections. Communication was terrific. Whenever I had any questions or concerns, they were quickly addressed. Everything promised was delivered and done well. I will certainly recommend D&D to everyone I know.
Old 08-07-2019, 06:16 PM

We used D&D to replace our Vinyl sliders with Glass picture windows on our Lanai. Dennis and his employees knew exactly what we wanted and did a great job. We are very happy with them. That was two years ago. Recently, we discovered a small leak in the corner of our room. Hubby called Dennis and he sent out one of the guys who worked on our Room. There was a Leak, not caused at all by the remodel, but he fixed it anyway! No charge! We were impressed!
Old 08-07-2019, 03:41 PM

We used D&D for a kitchen remodel and are extremely happy with it. The workers came upon a couple problems and found ways to complete the task. I would definitely recommend them again!
Old 07-19-2019, 12:22 PM
Default D&D - Great Crew & Awesome Work

We had D&D company doing our patio for us and we are very happy with the result. We replaced the single external rear door with a 10ft 3-panel glass door and raised and extended the concrete patio to 21ft/x15ft completing with nice fence. We were impressed with their process right from the beginning. They listened carefully to what we wanted and delivered. The company rep, Bryan, was very professional and the quoting process was painless and the price was very reasonable. Dennis and his crew were pleasant, tedious, and efficient. They seemed to really enjoyed doing their work since everyone was quick to smile. What impressed us the most was how they always cleaned up before leaving for the day, practicing "leave no trace behind." We are very pleased and happy customer and we have recommended D&D to our families and friends in TV.
-Nina&Kahn
Old 06-06-2019, 11:41 AM

Had D&D convert our screen room...beautiful job! Dennis and his crew were wonderful to deal with and will definitely use them again for other projects. Highly recommend this company!
Old 04-15-2019, 06:56 AM
Default Great company - great crew

Great company, great crew, great work. We had our lanai extended 4’ and enclosed with windows. D&D did it all. They enclosed it, insulated, wired, tiled, painted, and did the HVAC. Now we have a beautiful enclosed Florida room that we will enjoy year round. Thank you Dennis and D&D Village Construction.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.