Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Ricciardis in Brownwood (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/ricciardis-brownwood-102020/)

keithwand 01-20-2014 07:50 PM

Ricciardis in Brownwood

Went to the private opening tonight and OMG, we were expecting good, but this was better. From the veal parmigiana to the exceptional shrimp & scallops Juliana with salad or soup included to the homemade cannoli we were very impressed. They will open on Wednesday and the only problem we see is that you will have trouble getting in. We will definitely be regulars. P.S. the pizza is great - voted best in Orlando at their other restaurants called Valdianos.

angiefox10 01-20-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithwand (Post 815594)
Went to the private opening tonight and OMG, we were expecting good, but this was better. From the veal parmigiana to the exceptional shrimp & scallops Juliana with salad or soup included to the homemade cannoli we were very impressed. They will open on Wednesday and the only problem we see is that you will have trouble getting in. We will definitely be regulars. P.S. the pizza is great - voted best in Orlando at their other restaurants called Valdianos.

Thanks for the post. We went by there this evening. Didn't realize it was open until we saw people sitting outside eating. Can't wait to try it!

mmac321 01-20-2014 08:47 PM

The sigh outside said it would be open to the public on Wednesday. The gift shop next door is open and my wife loved it says the prices are very good.

GaryW 01-21-2014 04:20 AM

We attended the Private Opening last night also. Really impressed with quality of the food. Really nice atmosphere in the seating area also. Great sized portions of food as long as they stay that way. We will return next week to see if the same.

The Rustic Rose opened up beside them also. Very reasonable prices. Was very surprised at that... Great merchandise and very nice workers also.

:bigbow:

keithwand 01-21-2014 07:34 AM

My wife couldn't miss stopping in at Rustic Rose too. Prices are good and we walked out with armfuls!
Both new additions are great for Brownwood.
Cody's told us at lunch they should open in September.

TNLAKEPANDA 01-22-2014 08:10 PM

I sure hope they have good NY style pizza!

mfearn285 01-23-2014 08:35 PM

we went to the private opening too and was very impressed!!!! GREAT food, Service and the Pizza was amazing!!!!

gomoho 01-24-2014 09:47 AM

So just how does one get invited to these private openings??? Missed Mezza Luna and now Riccardis.

Brownwoodgirl 01-24-2014 01:13 PM

You need to know someone that works there or go onto their Facebook page and like it they give away passes to come in to them

Brownwoodgirl 01-24-2014 01:19 PM

Riccardis

I went to the friends and family night and it was amazing...They are just the nicest guys that own it and the staff was great..talk around town is they were not very ready for the opening and was very confusing but the first month is always going to be. Don't listen to others try for yourself but I will still give it another month or two too get the kinks out

skip0358 01-24-2014 02:52 PM

Wife and I had lunch there yesterday. Good meal, prices were fair and décor was very nice. Owner came around and asked how everything was, then talked about happy hours which is still in the works. will go back.

rubicon 01-24-2014 02:58 PM

Let's hope the good reviews continue to roll in

gomoho 01-24-2014 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brownwoodgirl (Post 817783)
You need to know someone that works there or go onto their Facebook page and like it they give away passes to come in to them

Thank you for that info

TNLAKEPANDA 01-24-2014 03:28 PM

My sister ate there and said it was awesome. Very well could be my new favorite hang-out when I am not at Evans Prairie !

villager 01-24-2014 06:01 PM

Had lunch there today. I had their chicken parmesan. YUM! I'm looking forward to going back. I also thought their prices were reasonable, too.