Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   E-Z Go vs. Yamaha Golf Cart (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/e-z-go-vs-yamaha-golf-cart-11298/)

Prizmz 01-11-2008 03:36 AM

E-Z Go vs. Yamaha Golf Cart

It is time to learn and then purchase!

Does anyone have an opinion?

I would greatly appreciate input as I look for cart.

Thanks.

Prizmz

Prizmz 01-11-2008 03:40 AM

Re: E-Z Go vs. Yamaha Golf Cart

I will be looking for a gas powered cart.

Prizmz

thehags 01-11-2008 03:41 AM

We purchased an Electric Club Car and have been very happy with it. What we liked are that Electric Carts are so much quieter than the gas ones.

The Gray Hog 01-12-2008 05:47 PM

Anyone driving thru a tunnel after a gasser has passed...."Oh, La Plume!" :o
Electric is quiet and no holding of breath and nose after it climbs the tunnel
on the upside (rather slow, but it gets us there).

golfnut 01-12-2008 11:14 PM

If I was going to purchase gas (which I wouldn't), after driving both, I would go with EZ, smoother and quieter in my opinion.

gemorc 01-12-2008 11:18 PM

Test drive an E-Z GO gas cart from the factory store on 466, north of theVillages. Then try out the Yamaha gas from The Villages dealership located in Sumter Landing. You will find the Yamaha will have a little more power, but the 2008 E-Z GO gas cart is ten times more quite.

I bought the E-Z GO.

bamafan 01-13-2008 12:40 AM

Mine is EZGO gas. Had a silencer kit installed which made it even quieter. Have not had a problem with fumes yet. Runs a lot smoother at 20mph than the Yamaha. I understand that EZGO is coming out with a new gas engine that has a bit more horsepower. See Dave at the EZGO factory store.

The Great Fumar 01-13-2008 01:45 AM

Sorry guys , I have eight guys that I play golf with on a regular basis....Four of them have new Yamaha gas, one has an Ez-go and three of us have club car electrics,..two of the yamaha's used to have ez-go's and traded them in ,,,I don't own either one but I know they are very happy with their new yamaha's.......Me? I own two CLUB CAR electrics and am very happy with them

lm01 01-13-2008 02:48 AM

My vote is ez-go

JerryM 01-13-2008 02:51 AM

Please get an electric. Consider a parcar but don't get gas. It's like sitting on a lawnmower. Feel sorry for the cart following you.

JM

stjade 01-13-2008 02:55 AM

Has anyone bought a Star golf cart? How does it compare to the other electrics???

l2ridehd 01-13-2008 03:31 AM

I think a Smart car would be best. Take the doors off and maybe nobody will notice. ;D

Bubbalarry 01-13-2008 04:01 AM

Golf cart connection. You can't beat the deals. Gas or electric. New Club car president 18 month bumper to bumper warranty. Re-manufactured 2004 club cars have 36 month bumper to bumper less cost than new. Rides like new, plus a few thousand $$$$ cheaper.

I thought of gas, but the noise and the smell changed my mind. Got the re-manufactured with higher speed motor for the hill climbing speeds and alls great.

Today went from Hadley Village to Hacienda Hills, played 18 holes, went to lunch at Tierra Del Sol, went to publix at Rt 466A. Then to my mailbox, and home finally and had just moved the needle on my meter from full charge to a fraction under it.

:2excited: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hope2b 01-13-2008 10:18 AM

We have a Yamaha gas and a Club Car Electric. We use the gas when we go play golf on the other side of 466 and the electric for more local. I think the electric would run long enough but feel better with the gas at times. I prefer the electric which is quieter and has a smoother ride.

villages07 01-13-2008 01:15 PM

st jade...if you do a forum search, you'll see some prior discussion about Star Carts. The previous local dealer is no longer factory authorized. I see that Golf Cart Connection is now selling (and presumably supporting) them as a new cart. GCC is a very reputable business, so, perhaps some of the prior concerns about serviceability are no longer an issue. The cart is made in China.