Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   New Card Game (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/new-card-game-11701/)

chacam 02-05-2008 01:38 PM

New Card Game

In this morning's Daily Sun, there is an article about a card game called "Triple Play". It is similar to Hand & Foot, I guess. This game also has a Knee ? ?

Anyone play this game and can explain the rules in a nutshell ? We are looking for something a little different.

Thanks

cookestwo 01-05-2013 04:32 PM

Triple Play

Quote:

Originally Posted by chacam (Post 104321)
In this morning's Daily Sun, there is an article about a card game called "Triple Play". It is similar to Hand & Foot, I guess. This game also has a Knee ? ?

Anyone play this game and can explain the rules in a nutshell ? We are looking for something a little different.

Thanks

Yes, Triple Play is similar to Hand & Foot. The requirements are a little different but the theme is the same. It's a Canasta-type game.

Also, SAMBA, in our opinion, is the best of all. Again, Canasta-type but much more challenging. We play with couples, and ladies play twice a week.

Send me your email address and I'll be happy to send you the rules for Triple Play and SAMBA.

lmsheahan@gmail.com 01-10-2013 10:00 AM

triple play and samba

would you please send me the rules for these two games- thanks

tomsod 04-23-2013 09:02 AM

Does anyone know how many wild cards can be used in a canasta in Triple Play?

dhhorne4 04-30-2013 10:13 PM

Samba Rules

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookestwo (Post 604387)
Yes, Triple Play is similar to Hand & Foot. The requirements are a little different but the theme is the same. It's a Canasta-type game.

Also, SAMBA, in our opinion, is the best of all. Again, Canasta-type but much more challenging. We play with couples, and ladies play twice a week.

Send me your email address and I'll be happy to send you the rules for Triple Play and SAMBA.

Would you please send me the rules for Samba?

dhhorne4@hotmail.com

Thanks, Dan

Jane Lawrence 07-16-2013 02:06 PM

hand knee foot and samba

Quote:

I would appreciate the rules for the above games - please send to me at jlawrence16@neo.rr.com
I am new at this website hope this is how youdo it.

perrjojo 07-16-2013 02:39 PM

I do not have the rules for these games but it is easy to google any card game and print out the rules. You may find that many card groups have "local rules".

Jane Lawrence 07-16-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhhorne4 (Post 669371)
Would you please send me the rules for Samba?

dhhorne4@hotmail.com

Thanks, Dan

Would you please send me thee rules for hand, knee and foot.
(email) jlawrence16@neo.rr.com

thanks,
Jane

Baci514 07-28-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Please send Samba rules. Thanks a bunch.

Joanned 07-28-2013 03:26 PM

Please send triple play rules to me too when you get a chance
Thank you
Joanne

twinklesweep 07-28-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomsod (Post 664795)
Does anyone know how many wild cards can be used in a canasta in Triple Play?

Fewer than half. A canasta has seven cards; the most wild cars is three. When building a canasta, the same holds true; if there is an even number of cards, say four cards, there can be only one wild card; if six, then there cannot be more than two wild cards. Hope this helps.

Quote:

All three games—Hand & Foot, Triple Play, and Samba—are canasta based. I agree that Samba is the best of the three, for this reason: All these games are to an extent based on chance with some skill involved; Samba requires the most skill and the most thinking. Enjoy; it's a lot of fun!

downeaster 07-28-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perrjojo (Post 709251)
I do not have the rules for these games but it is easy to google any card game and print out the rules. You may find that many card groups have "local rules".

Also sometimes referred to as "house rules". The host decides on the rules. It is his/her house. Even with the various "house" or "local" rules the game is quite simple and fun. More luck than skill. That is not to say one should play without some knowledge of how their play might adversely effect their partner(s). I find it amusing that a cardinal rule is "no talking across the board" and then everyone seems determined to do just that.

dalecrenshaw 07-28-2013 07:21 PM

Samba & Tripple Play Rules

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jane Lawrence (Post 709237)
I would appreciate the rules for the above games - please send to me at jlawrence16@neo.rr.com
I am new at this website hope this is how youdo it.

I, too, would like the rules to both games. Thanks.
P.S. You can send them through the private message link. thanks.

cuda1944 08-24-2013 10:00 AM

Will you please send me a copy of the rules for Triple Play ?
Thanks, Keith R

cuda1944@embarqmail.com

LuckySevens 08-24-2013 03:46 PM

Since so many of us want the rules to both Samba and Triple Play, to save yourself some time....you might consider just posting them on TOTV and deveryone can cut and paste them. Just a thought. : )