Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Chatters Talk: Happy or Sad (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/chatters-talk-happy-sad-117/)
-   -   Baloney....Festival in... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/chatters-talk-happy-sad-117/baloney-festival-125626/)

Ruthtomnorma3 09-01-2014 03:37 PM

Baloney....Festival in...

Who in the villages will celebrate the first week end of September with baloney ?
Lebanon,PA.started this festival...
In my research*of one thing and then another,I came onto this event. Could be a new activity ... :) :).

* started with a question on WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?

DigitalGranny 09-01-2014 03:54 PM

Did you see Hardee's has a fried baloney and Velveeta biscuit? I love a good baloney sandwich, and will no doubt have one this week in honor of the week. But I must admit, for me, this week is all about National Cheese Pizza Day on Friday. For the first time in years, dear hubby and I will be away from our own pizza oven. Where should we go for the best cheese pie? (sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread.)

KittyKat 09-01-2014 09:34 PM

I LOVE a fried bologna (Kahn's brand from Ohio) sandwich with mustard. Haven't had one in a long while. :mmmm:

Ruthtomnorma3 09-01-2014 09:55 PM

HIjack...don't mind...now,I want to know about cheese pie and your pizza oven...
YOU May want to start a new post now...

Aandjmassage 09-01-2014 10:46 PM

Almost forgot about Mom's Baloney, Onion and Mustard Sandwitch. Only buy Ham, Turkey and Chicken now. May have one for a trip down menory lane.

cattywampus 09-01-2014 11:37 PM

The good old days.
Fry the thick cut Bologna from the Deli
( be sure to cut one inch into edges at 3 -6 - 9 -at 12 o'clock position).

Slap it on seeded Rye bread with Velveeta .

Slather on the Mustard, add the sliced sweet onion and
mild peppers.

Wash it down with the REAL Coke, like we had 50 years ago.
It comes in glass bottles, made with REAL cane sugar,
imported from Mexico.
Available in glass bottle 6 packs at WalMart on CR 466.

I feel like I am 16 again, when I have this treat.

LittleDog 09-02-2014 05:44 AM

You can get a fried bologna sandwich at McCalls and Tierra del Sol.

John

graciegirl 09-02-2014 06:42 AM

I had just read the ISIS thread and saw this.

I love every poster on this thread. I am relieved to think of something light hearted and fun and evokes good memories from the past.

It is kinda like switching to the cooking channel when the world news upsets me.

We are good for each other on this forum.

Plan to make a boloney sandwich soon, but my family won't eat baloney...the snobs.

jbum7777 09-04-2014 10:18 PM

I sure miss Lebanon bolony

jbum7777 09-04-2014 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalGranny (Post 931714)
Did you see Hardee's has a fried baloney and Velveeta biscuit? I love a good baloney sandwich, and will no doubt have one this week in honor of the week. But I must admit, for me, this week is all about National Cheese Pizza Day on Friday. For the first time in years, dear hubby and I will be away from our own pizza oven. Where should we go for the best cheese pie? (sorry, don't mean to hijack your thread.)

Love the quote!!:wave:

ohioguy 09-04-2014 10:29 PM

Kentucky round steak

Agree - Kahns from Cincinnati is the best, fried or not.

salpal 09-05-2014 12:40 PM

Miss the Sweet Lebanon Baloney from Penna/Delaware area. Sweetbay used to carry it, but haven't checked to see if Winn Dixie carries it. Love the sweet, not the regular!