Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Chef Napoli (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/chef-napoli-131380/)

PennBF 10-28-2014 07:23 PM

Chef Napoli

We heard a lot about the new resturant "Chef Napoli" and decided to try it for lunch today. Although the wait/service was painful the wait was worth it. Their sauce is as good as any you would get in New York City and the food was cooked perfectly. We definitely would go back.:mmmm:

gongoozler 10-29-2014 05:28 PM

Went there last weekend with a large party . . . had reservations and we got in after a short wait . . . drinks and bread came quickly but the wait for a stingy salad seemed like forever. Wait staff was good, no happy hour, drink prices are a high as any place around, no draft beer, food was very good. Not as good as Federal Hill in Providence but as good as any place around the Villages. I'll go back but not in a great hurry to do so!

PennBF 10-29-2014 08:42 PM

Agree

Do agree that the salad with the meal was seriously poor given all the other offerings. We waited about an hour for service and the waiter kept saying it was coming and we continued to wait. Net: Food was excellent, salad really lacking and service needs lot of help. :popcorn:

tag460 10-30-2014 06:43 AM

We went there last night with a party of eight which is the least number you can have if you would like to make a reservation. The salad portion was small but they were very generous with the fresh bread before the meal came. Meal portions were more than enough one couple split their meal a few of us had take home boxes. Food and service was excellent.

lamplighter 10-30-2014 07:52 AM

Meal was excellent but they should ditch the salad if they don't change it and offer something more appealing. Great to have a real chef in the area to show these short order cooks the way.

gatherer47 11-03-2014 01:27 PM

was there Saturday-were seated right away-food came quickly-very good-service excellent-don't understand the complaints based on our experiences

JSR22 11-03-2014 01:33 PM

Chef of Napoli

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatherer47 (Post 962726)
was there Saturday-were seated right away-food came quickly-very good-service excellent-don't understand the complaints based on our experiences

Took us 2 hours for lunch and we did not have appetizers or dessert.

Indydealmaker 11-04-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slipcovers (Post 963266)
This post is very "suspicious", the poster has written 4 other negative complaints and were all deleted by the mods. If she doesn't like the restaurant, why would she keep going back? Something smells fishy here.

Purple rain is a deep longing or desire that will likely not be met.

sbruce 11-30-2014 08:59 AM

Chefs of Napoli III

Hands down, it was the best Italian food we've had anywhere, and we've eaten at plenty of them. Down side, if you want to look at it that way, is it takes longer to get your choices since everything is made in the kitchen as the order is turned in. No problem for us. We ordered an appetizer and made some good friends as we waited. The inside has three large rooms with nice décor, wonderful service with well-attired servers, and on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights, they have a strolling guitarist/vocalist who was very good and amicable, visiting each table and singing their requests, or serenading them with a choice of his own. We ordered the Bruschetta, which was very good. My husband ordered the Manicotti, which he said was the best he had ever had, and I had the Chef Napoli Trio, which was Gnocchi in their delicious, homemade tomato sauce, Eggplant Rolatini, and Chicken Parmigianino. It was also brought to our table piping hot, and was excellent. They have only been open for two months, but the place was packed when we went on the night of Black Friday. They offer a full bar, and are located in the Wildwood Business Center, on North Highway 30l. Highly recommended!

lanabanana73 11-30-2014 10:13 AM

Will definitely put it on the list of "must trys" next time we are down there. Thanks for the review!

schwarz 04-28-2015 06:30 AM

ate there twice now...good quality but always go out hungry...Used to New York where you get a plate full. Salad small and veal parm small also

l2ridehd 06-04-2015 08:18 AM

Went there Tuesday and probably will not go back. Very nice setting, decent food, but terrible service. They were not very busy and got seated right away in a nice quiet booth. Waited for 10 minutes and was about to leave as no one had been to our table when a bus boy brought us bread. OK will give it some more time. Waited another 10 minutes and no one came so got up to leave.

Another waiter asked why were leaving, I told him, so he said give him a minute, which I did and a waitress showed up. Took our drink order, plus meal order. Salads showed up and were small but OK. Asked about the wine I ordered and asked for water. Water came after a few more minutes. Was ready to leave again when meal finally came, still no wine so asked again.

Bottle of wine came when dinner was half finished. Once dinner was finished I had to finally get up and ask someone to send our waitress. She finally came back and I ordered dessert and asked her to bring the check. She brought the check and I put the credit card in it before she left. Finished dessert, finished the wine, but she still had not picked up the check. I finally found enough cash to cover the bill, took my CC and left. And because I couldn't get change had to leave her a very generous tip. 35%.

In my opinion when it takes over 2 hours to have dinner in a not very busy place with food that is just decent, not great, I will not go back.

Based on all the complaints I have since read about their service it has to be a management issue, not a wait staff issue.

PattyCakes 06-10-2015 09:59 AM

Our group of 8 had dinner here last night. The food was delicious, the service was excellent and we had a great time. The bartender (sorry, I can't recall her name) gave us samples of blackberry sangria she had made, and it was marvelous. Will definitely return for another great meal. Like anything else, attitude is 90% of every experience.

JimmyL 10-04-2015 01:43 PM

Great for lunch

I had a great lunch there last week with excellent bread and salad brought it table. My calzone was delicious. Will definitely go back.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 11-02-2015 07:58 PM

We just got back from our birthday dinner at Chefs of Napoli. (Jenny and my birthdays are within six days of each other.)
The food was great and the service was exemplary. Having read several posts about small dinner salads we ordered the small anti pasti Italiano and it was huge. Then we got soup with our entrees instead of the dinner salad.

Jenny had the spaghetti and meatballs and I had veal piccata. The veal portion was small by that's pretty standard. After the anti pasti, soup and the ever coming bread I had plenty to eat. The spaghetti and meatballs was a huge portion.

I had a very nice martini before my meal and a glass of pino grigio with it. Jenny tried the tiramasu cocktail.

Jenny finished about half her meal and ordered tiramasu for desert. I had a small taste. It's home made and was the best I've ever had.

If I could afford it I'd eat there every night. Without question, one of the best restaurants I've eaten in since moving to Florida.

If they had service issues when the first opened, they've evidently corrected them.