Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Amenities card for renter (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/amenities-card-renter-17243/)

delawarean 10-01-2008 06:33 PM

Amenities card for renter

What amenities does renter get with the amenities card ($50 for 2 people). Can you use the pools at golf cliubs (not a golfer). Are there certain restaurants/events for amentiy card holders
Any info greatly appreciated

redwitch 10-01-2008 07:08 PM

You get the same rights as a homeowner -- Katie Belle's, golf courses, rec centers, pool, etc.

ijusluvit 10-01-2008 07:50 PM

If you are not a golfer, consider declining the resident ID card with the $50 fee. You can get a free guest pass at the rec centers which give you access to virtually all of the activities offered. The neighborhood pools will all be available to you. You will not be allowed in Katie Belles (no loss) unless you are accompanied by a resident. Renters in our home never purchase the ID privileges unless they are golfers.

borjo 10-01-2008 07:56 PM

The $50 fee for two people is actually a temporary resident ID provided by the individual who owns the house you are renting. You are taking their place in the home. You would then have free access to the sports pools and Executive golf courses. There is a cart fee you will pay on the golf course unless you rent a bag carrier for $1.00. Guests, not temporary residents, cannot use the sports pools and must pay an added guest fee at the courses. For all other recreational activities you'd have the same rights as the residents. You cannot access the club pools at Hacienda Hills, Cane Garden, Glenview or Orange Blossom without paying a priority membership fee. That can be arranged for temporary residents but worth it only if you play a really large amount of golf or want to do laps daily in the sports pools.

CTgolfer 10-02-2008 07:10 AM

Priority membership for temporary Residents

Quote:

Originally Posted by borjo (Post 163571)
The $50 fee for two people is actually a temporary resident ID provided by the individual who owns the house you are renting. You are taking their place in the home. You would then have free access to the sports pools and Executive golf courses. There is a cart fee you will pay on the golf course unless you rent a bag carrier for $1.00. Guests, not temporary residents, cannot use the sports pools and must pay an added guest fee at the courses. For all other recreational activities you'd have the same rights as the residents. You cannot access the club pools at Hacienda Hills, Cane Garden, Glenview or Orange Blossom without paying a priority membership fee. That can be arranged for temporary residents but worth it only if you play a really large amount of golf or want to do laps daily in the sports pools.

I am not aware that as a temporary Resident my husband and I can purchase a priority membership for several of the golf courses. Is there a website where I can find more information on this?

Bogie Shooter 10-02-2008 08:23 AM

All country club pools in TV are limited to only Priority Golf Members.
Go here for golf information:
http://www.golfthevillages.com/

trav 10-02-2008 03:07 PM

Temp Res ID

owner of the property needs to surrender their ID cards in order for renter to get Temporary Resident ID. Do not confuse with Guest ID. Only good if you play a lot of golf then you get the resident rate.

borjo 10-08-2008 11:02 AM

CTgolfer.
Regarding your question of where to go for info. re priority golf for temporary residents. Here's the link, but the least time you can get is for 6 months. I've had 3 month renters who did this since he played so much golf.

http://www.golfthevillages.com/tee-times/membership.asp

angel222 10-11-2008 03:10 PM

I am renting for the month of January and will be coming alone although friends and family will be visiting. The owner is charging me $50 for the pass will they give me two so there will be no problems for visitors or only one since I'm renting alone???

ijusluvit 10-11-2008 03:55 PM

Two ID cards, one male, one female will probably always be provided since most owners are couples. And since most renters are also couples, that's what's they expect.

You're paying the bill, no reason you should receive less.

petenj 10-11-2008 06:27 PM

Just lurking to find go to know stuff like this, thanks

JKZ74 10-20-2008 10:11 AM

You will have to get guest passes for each of your guests over 10 years of age. They must show them along with an drivers license or id in order to use golf courses, executive and championship. Pools other than country club pools. And katie belles. They can access katie belles as your guest but have to have pass to go without you.
Usually you only get one pass per person on rental contract. I don't know if there are exptions to that policy.

jeffy 10-20-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petenj (Post 166149)
Just lurking to find go to know stuff like this, thanks

Lurkers are welcome too :laugh: