Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Looking for Pet Friendly Motels/Hotels on I95 from NY to FL (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/looking-pet-friendly-motels-hotels-i95-ny-fl-19165/)

homeball 12-30-2008 10:21 PM

Looking for Pet Friendly Motels/Hotels on I95 from NY to FL

My wife and I are moving to TV in March with our two cats. Does anyone know the locations of pet friendly lodgings along I95 on the way down? Whatever info would be appreciated. We would like to do the trip in two days but may take three depending on how the cats are doing. Thanks.

-Dave-

nONIE 12-30-2008 10:30 PM

Homeball,

We just stayed at a Days Inn in Florence S.C which was very clean and very inexpensive and is 5 hours from The Villages but there are many websites online if you type in Pet friendly motels.

One of the best sites is www.dogfiendly.com and it lists every pet friendly hotel along I95.

homeball 12-30-2008 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nONIE (Post 179995)
Homeball,

We just stayed at a Days Inn in Florence S.C which was very clean and very inexpensive and is 5 hours from The Villages but there are many websites online if you type in Pet friendly motels.

One of the best sites is www.dogfiendly.com and it lists every pet friendly hotel along I95.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I figured day one would find us somewhere in northern NC. Day two would be near the south end of SC or in AL and then day three would traverse FL.

-Dave-

Barefoot 12-30-2008 11:10 PM

When we enter a State, I always grab a hotel magazine (usually available at service stations). They usually state the pet policies of each hotel in that State, prices, and locations. Also, you usually get a discount on the room rate.

I find that Red Roof Inns are usually pet friendly, but each one seems to have its own policy.

You may also want to try the search button (in blue at the top of the page). In previous discussions there are been lots of great pet-friendly motels mentioned. I've found the information to be very helpful.

KayakerNC 12-31-2008 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeball (Post 179997)
Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I figured day one would find us somewhere in northern NC. Day two would be near the south end of SC or in AL and then day three would traverse FL. -Dave-

If you find yourself in AL, you have not been listening to your GPS. (Of course you meant GA, just kidding)
When you enter a state, stop at the Welcome Center and pick up your motel discount books.
I would also recommend a book that has been very valuable to us on our drives.
"Drive I-95: Exit by Exit Info, Maps, History and Trivia"
It is available at Amazon for $16 and change.:beer3:

redwitch 12-31-2008 09:50 AM

Another great source is the AAA book for motels for states/regions. If you're not a member, find a friend who is and get a copy. It lists all pet friendly motels, rates and other amenities. I ended with 6 of them for my drive from California to here. Between those books and petfriendly.com, I had no problem finding places where my daughter, three cats and I could stay in good accommodations at reasonable rates. (Petfriendly even lists B&Bs that allow pets.)

Good luck on your drive down and, of course, congrats on your move.

Belle 12-31-2008 11:05 AM

Have made many trips on 95 from NY in the past 3 years with my cocker spaniel. There are many pet friendly motels; and I use the AAA books to locate them. I like to stay at a motel that provides waffles for me and oatmeal for my dog. Then I don't have to stop for breakfast and save about an hour in the morning. I usually stop somewhere in NC as close to the SC border as I can get. Last trip down stayed in Smithfield, NC. Loads of restaurants and motels. Rocky Mount is a good area for motels also. Usually arrive at TV around 6PM the next day.

zummy 12-31-2008 04:07 PM

Rusty and I stayed at the LaQuinta motel off exit 64 , I think, off 95 just south of Richmond going and coming. 60. plus tax with coupon in the travel books at rest stops. No charge for dog. Breakfast included.

handieman 01-01-2009 09:28 AM

Last time we headed North we tried a Quality Inn and the one in Roanoke Rapids was pet friendly and there was no extra charge, I can't speak for all but we have found that as a general rule Quality Inn's and Days Inn's welcome pets. We're headed back South Saturday and will let you know of any new findings.
Handie
:jester:

homeball 01-03-2009 03:53 PM

Thanks all for the good info and suggestions.

-Dave-

ijusluvit 01-03-2009 06:16 PM

We've been (no fee) members of Choice Hotels in recent years. They include Comfort, Sleep, Quality, and a few other kind of Inns and they are all over I-95. Stop into a local one and pick up their US catalog. It lists every place with a pets/no pets symbol. Rates for pets are usually only $10. Hotel rates are very good, especially for seniors (ask for over 50 or over 60 rates). They also have special promotions with their "points" system that sometimes easily earns you a free stay. To join, just call 800-521-2121. Drive safely!

diskman 01-05-2009 01:58 PM

I suggest RED ROOF INN's

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeball (Post 180633)
Thanks all for the good info and suggestions.

-Dave-

I suggest RED ROOF INN's, when ever I cross country with our dog i can count on a RED ROOF INN:bowdown:

billethkid 01-08-2009 07:25 PM

Just Google pet friendly hotels

you will find a lot of them.

BTK

hh6641 01-22-2009 06:47 AM

Pet Friendly Hotels

http://hotels.uptake.com/florida/the...445522319.html

is the website for all pet-friendly hotels. Just type in the city.

diskman 01-22-2009 01:00 PM

Does anyone know the locations of pet friendly lodgings along I95

Quote:

Originally Posted by homeball (Post 179994)
My wife and I are moving to TV in March with our two cats. Does anyone know the locations of pet friendly lodgings along I95 on the way down? Whatever info would be appreciated. We would like to do the trip in two days but may take three depending on how the cats are doing. Thanks.

-Dave-

RED ROOF INNs:beer3: