Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Flippers Slow wwwww (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/flippers-slow-wwwww-223855/)

HoosierPa 12-28-2016 07:06 PM

Flippers Slow wwwww

Took our party of 3 over an hour tonight to get our pizza and it was not all that busy. Won't be going back too soon.

JGVillages 12-28-2016 07:29 PM

I have been to Flippers numerous times and the service has been great. Assuming you did not contact management to discover the reason for the delay or you would have posted their response. Every restaurant will have unexpected delays now and then. Management should always be made aware of the problem and given a chance to rectify the issue before they get bashed online.

HoosierPa 12-28-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGVillages (Post 1339179)
I have been to Flippers numerous times and the service has been great. Assuming you did not contact management to discover the reason for the delay or you would have posted their response. Every restaurant will have unexpected delays now and then. Management should always be made aware of the problem and given a chance to rectify the issue before they get bashed online.

Good for you and yes they were. The response I got was " computer glitch " I guess the pizza oven is powered by a computer.

Jaggy 12-28-2016 09:50 PM

I think ( I really shouldn't but I do) that the server forgets to put in the order.. most places put them into the computer to go into the kitchen for processing... or the computer burps and the order get lost.. That is why I normally will flag down my server and ask about my order if it is an unusually long time ...The server won't admit it, but I would bet the order was not input..

karostay 12-29-2016 08:13 AM

When They first opened and lines were going out the door It was well worth the wait for a GREAT PIE good beer selection
Don't know what happened quality of the pizza has dropped no more Sam on Tap just the usual Villages beer selections
It shows in empty seats

ColdNoMore 12-29-2016 08:18 AM

I used to be a regular and loyal customer, but after a couple of times of having the same things happen (slow service and lackadaisical server attitude)...haven't been back in 6 months.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 12-29-2016 10:04 AM

Poor/slow service seems to be the norm in this area. From restaurants to retail stores and even doctors offices none of the employees seem to want to put forth much effort, or the company does not have enough employees on when needed.

Many of the employees seemed to be uninformed and uncaring. Many can't seem to answer simple questions and it usually takes a long time to get served.

DonH57 12-29-2016 11:58 AM

When we first moved here we used Flippers a lot for pizza takeout. Never had issues with service or the food. Something later happened that they must have changed the vendors for their ingredients. The pizza's weren't the same no more. Haven't used them since.

karostay 12-29-2016 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1339373)
Poor/slow service seems to be the norm in this area. From restaurants to retail stores and even doctors offices none of the employees seem to want to put forth much effort, or the company does not have enough employees on when needed.

Many of the employees seemed to be uninformed and uncaring. Many can't seem to answer simple questions and it usually takes a long time to get served.

Sadly it's become the American way..Not just the Villages
Employees today have no motivation no pride in their ability
add in a cell phone pack of cigarettes during working hours the customer loses .
Get fired they either collect or move on to next employer no lack of help wanted signs around the Villages
Bussiness owners will grab any warm body the skill level job pool runs shallow
Many even make police blotter

Chatbrat 12-29-2016 01:30 PM

minimum wage gets minimum service

Chi-Town 12-29-2016 01:33 PM

Just came back from a trip to the Chicago area. Ate at quite a few restaurants that were understandably busy. Had no problem with service and attitude anywhere. I think the problem here is that available employees with a strong work ethic is a limited quantity.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

karostay 12-29-2016 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1339483)
minimum wage gets minimum service

Add in unreported tips ..They make more than your led to believe
and employers don't want to report employee tips either .
They would be responsible for payroll deduction contributions match

justjim 12-29-2016 02:40 PM

Except for "high end" restaurants the Servers also have to serve as "busboy" too. Also, in most cases, they are the cashier. Therefore, attention is taken away from serving the needs of the customer. Exceptional servers are difficult to find. Times are different in the restaurant business and service has suffered. Finally, seniors as a group have high expectations and tend to be more demanding. Just my thoughts.

billybye 12-29-2016 02:48 PM

Sure miss Paulys

Chatbrat 12-29-2016 04:32 PM

Most servers IMHO in TV were never high achievers in school, which IMHO indicates they didn't have much work ethnic in school--do you think that will transfer to a minimum wage dead end job with no benefits--in big cities lots of waitresses & waiters are between acting gigs or working their way college
On the other hand, in some our established CC's the bar staff & some of the wait staff have been in house for years-- & their experience shows