Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   George Alford Inc. DBA Martin Aluminum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/george-alford-inc-dba-martin-aluminum-225671/)

Suejamoha 01-11-2017 11:07 AM

George Alford Inc. DBA Martin Aluminum

BEWARE -- We had a screened in room added by this company. It failed inspection. They required the final payment when the work was completed. It looked great and he was paid. The inspector came out and the room failed inspection. Some of the work was not completed correctly. We called Martin Aluminum and was told the owner, Greg Alford, would return the call. Two days later we tried calling again. The phones are now disconnected in both the Belleview and Lake Sumter offices. Just wanted to put a heads up to anyone else that may be having work completed by this company or considering using them. We now have to pay someone else to fix the problem.

Sandtrap328 01-11-2017 12:55 PM

Call Seniors vs Crime and tell them your experience. If ou have a written contract, they have a good success rate of getting some money back for you. Seniors vs Crime is a free service and is an entity under the Florida Attorney General Office.

rustyp 01-11-2017 01:07 PM

Run as fast as you can away from this company. Anyone interested I have a file of pictures of the butcher job they did on the transition of my roof to an aluminum patio enclosure they installed. They must of used 5 of those huge tubes of caulk in a span of 24 feet. The beauty of it all was the other side of the house has a carport of the same design that you can't even see caulk on. That wasn't the only issue I had on this job with this company. Beware this owner is not the nicest of people.

VillagerNut 01-13-2017 10:55 AM

Martin aluminum phone number

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suejamoha (Post 1345891)
BEWARE -- We had a screened in room added by this company. It failed inspection. They required the final payment when the work was completed. It looked great and he was paid. The inspector came out and the room failed inspection. Some of the work was not completed correctly. We called Martin Aluminum and was told the owner, Greg Alford, would return the call. Two days later we tried calling again. The phones are now disconnected in both the Belleview and Lake Sumter offices. Just wanted to put a heads up to anyone else that may be having work completed by this company or considering using them. We now have to pay someone else to fix the problem.

I just tried the phone number I have for them which is 352-347-6036. They did not answer the phone but there is a voicemail there that answered. But yes I agree do not use them. Please also make sure you go to Seniors vs Crime and let them know. Each sheriff substation in Marion and Sumter has an office for the Seniors vs Crime. Good luck!