Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   RDOG (Responsible Dog Owners Group) (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/rdog-responsible-dog-owners-group-159/)
-   -   Please help find me (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/rdog-responsible-dog-owners-group-159/please-help-find-me-22697/)

Responsible Dog Owners 06-22-2009 09:35 AM

Please help find me

REWARD OF $300.00 FOR THE SAFE RETURN OF GIANNA
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...pictureid=1250

My name is Gianna. I was last seen at Ashley Meadows Golf Course, Hole #1 of Nancy Lopez Golf Course on Sunday evening (11:30PM) I am wearing a grey reflective collar with a 6 ft. black leash. I am black (Seal) & White..I weigh 6 lbs. and I'm very shy. PLEASE CALL RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS GROUP AT 750-1627 with any information.

duffysmom 06-22-2009 06:21 PM

My concern is the leash. I would certainly walk through any wooded areas where she could be stuck. She may not bark if she is a shy fearful dog. It is a sad situation in this heat. Also, the other dog may be a help in finding her. My prayers are with her. Please let us know when they find her.

JeanneBeannie 06-22-2009 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duffysmom (Post 210750)
My concern is the leash. I would certainly walk through any wooded areas where she could be stuck. She may not bark if she is a shy fearful dog. It is a sad situation in this heat. Also, the other dog may be a help in finding her. My prayers are with her. Please let us know when they find her.

That is an excellent idea!! I am praying that they find her soon!!

Sgtsixpack 06-22-2009 10:03 PM

Lost Italian Greyhound

Thank you for your concerns- She does not respond to a name . he fact of her collar and leash are important as she would not be missed. Neighbors have searched Holes 1,9 and 8 of Lopez- Ashley Meadows.

She was running South from Green #1 Ashley towards Buena Vista- It was so dark and she is so small she could not be seen. Hopefully, your concerned effort may find her for us. Thank You

Steve & Joan

JeanneBeannie 06-23-2009 06:27 AM

Any luck yet?

I have been trying to come up with ideas, since I feel useless and cant help being STUCK UP HERE IN NY.
I am sure you have already thought of this, but I was wondering if you put posters up in all the offices of the golf courses, and all the post offices...heck put them everywhere for that matter. Eventho she disappeared on that one golf course, they can travel alot of territory, so she may be wandering around other golf courses by now? :shrug:.
Does she have favorite things that attract her to run to you when you are playing? Such as...my goldens can be way outside in the yard, and I keep their biscuites in a tin can, and as soon as I jiggle the can they come flying to me. Just a silly thought. Well...I am rattling on, so good luck, I sure hope you find her today!!!
Jeanne

F16 1UB 06-23-2009 07:18 AM

Call The Radio Station

WVLG 640 AM The Villages radio station. I've heard lost dog reports on here before. This is their business phone but you may be able to contact an on air person. We're hoping for the best.

352-750-9854

shazam 06-23-2009 08:56 AM

I too have been trying to think of ideas, but can't seem to come up with anything other than what has been posted already. Do you think something like a search party with everyone branching out from a specific starting point to cover an entire area? Not sure if you've already covered most of the territory but I'm willing to volunteer. Let me know and please keep everyone uo to date.

Tom

KathieI 06-23-2009 09:43 AM

If a search party has not already performed a search, I'll volunteer also. It should be done quickly and every square foot of the area searched by foot. I don't have to tell you, in this heat, this is a very difficult time for a little dog. Please pm me if you need another volunteer.

nONIE 06-23-2009 09:51 AM

This may sound ridiculous, but when our pets safety is at stake, I would try anything!

Could you get the police to track BY SCENT with their canine unit? There is nothing like the powerful scent of a dogs nose. Using Bloodhounds or German shephards after smelling your dogs bed or other articles may just work!

I have done this before with my tiny poodle when she is off somewhere on the property. I let my hound find her for me. Most of the time, it does work!

nONIE 06-23-2009 11:33 AM

If you have exhausted all efforts and still have not found your dog , I know of an excellent psychic in The Villages who has worked with the police in the past to help find lost children.

Please pm me and I will give you her name. Wishing you the best of luck with your search, I know what your going thru.

Sgtsixpack 06-23-2009 06:03 PM

To all concerned Thank you- Here is what's been done to date:
For your information-
1. Marion County Sheriff notified with flyer
2. All postal stations in Briar meadow flyer ed last night.
3. Marion County Fire- substation and Villages Fire Bellemeade notified.
4. Village Watch notified & flyer ed.
5. One Source ( golf maintenance flyer ed)
6. Nancy Lopez & Glenview pro shops flyer ed.
7. Radio station VNN notified & George aired it several times this morning,
8. Mulberry Pickle ball & Sports pool flyer ed
9. I and 3 neighbors have walked Hole 1, 9, 8 last night & this morning.
10. Sanitation on Bellemeade given flyers this AM.
11. Meter reader given flyer as well as several habitual early AM dog walkers.
12. Marion County Republican Party The Villages members sent e-mail flyer last night as well as others..
13. Have requested posts on J-Max and VlgsClassified.
14. Daily Sun to post Tuesday 6/23 I think.
15. Have visited Marion County Animal Control to check if any pickups made & Posted at their facilty.
16. Lady Lake Police Dept Not interested -to far away.
17. Posted on Ocala4sale.com
18. Searched all bushes & areas surounding Nancy Lopez Country Club again today to see if she slipped her leash.

Any suggestions or help is welcome. Thank you again

rshoffer 06-23-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Responsible Dog Owners (Post 210676)
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...pictureid=1250

My name is Gianna. I was last seen at Ashley Meadows Golf Course, Hole #1 of Nancy Lopez Golf Course on Sunday evening (11:30PM) I am wearing a grey reflective collar with a 6 ft. black leash. I am black (Seal) & White..I weigh 6 lbs. and I'm very shy. PLEASE CALL RESPONSIBLE DOG OWNERS GROUP AT 750-1627 with any information.

Any Luck yet???

Sgtsixpack 06-24-2009 04:02 AM

Lost Italian Greyhound - Gianna

5:00am 6/23 update to those concerned. No word yet on the lost little pup Gianna

Sgtsixpack 06-24-2009 04:16 AM

Picture of Lost Italian Greyhound -Gianna

There is a picture of the lost dog on this website under Gianna.

http://www.districtgov.org/petfinder/petsearch.aspx

graciegirl 06-24-2009 07:07 AM

Someone may be keeping her.

I have a terrible feeling that someone has found Gianna and is keeping her, for at least the time being, until their concience overcomes them. I think anyone with courage should approach anyone with an Italian greyhound and just ask a few "innocent" questions. The breed is relatively rare. If you have a phone camera, snap a picture and post it here.

Could you post more pictures here on TOTV? The administrators can help you post them within the post. Does she have any special markings??? Johnny M has a full size grayhound and she has some color spotting that is quite unique. Johnny? Are you reading this? Keep your eye out for this little dog on a leash somewhere.

Wish I were there. I would hound the place with a camera.