Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Practice Range Mats Schedule (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/practice-range-mats-schedule-238578/)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 04-19-2017 12:37 PM

Practice Range Mats Schedule

Is there a schedule for when they are hitting off of mats at the Palmer, Lopez and Glenview ranges?

I really hate driving all the way over to these ranges only to find myself hitting off of mats. If I want to hit off of mats, I can go to the Lions Club range on Rolling Acres and get one third more balls for the same money.

fred53 04-19-2017 01:35 PM

Why not call them????

golfing eagles 04-19-2017 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1388458)
Is there a schedule for when they are hitting off of mats at the Palmer, Lopez and Glenview ranges?

I really hate driving all the way over to these ranges only to find myself hitting off of mats. If I want to hit off of mats, I can go to the Lions Club range on Rolling Acres and get one third more balls for the same money.

If you go to golfthevillages.com--->golf academy--->instructional facilities--->villages driving ranges, there's a schedule. Right now, however, Sarasota is on mats until further notice.

Golf The Villages

CWGUY 04-19-2017 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1388507)
If you go to golfthevillages.com--->golf academy--->instructional facilities--->villages driving ranges, there's a schedule. Right now, however, Sarasota is on mats until further notice.

Golf The Villages

:rolleyes: Link does not work. :shocked: We talk sooooo nice about them, can't figure out why.:ohdear:

golfing eagles 04-19-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1388524)
:rolleyes: Link does not work. :shocked: We talk sooooo nice about them, can't figure out why.:ohdear:

Edited it 3x to try to get it to work, the URL was copied directly from the page, and yet it just brings you back to the TOTV page you're on. Some line in the programming must be causing a continuous loop

CWGUY 04-19-2017 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1388528)
Edited it 3x to try to get it to work, the URL was copied directly from the page, and yet it just brings you back to the TOTV page you're on. Some line in the programming must be causing a continuous loop

Like they say.... "can't get there from here.":laugh:

collie1228 04-20-2017 08:19 AM

Found Site

I was able to get into the site and found the info on mats. I didn't know this info was available on-line; thanks for the post. Try this link:

Golf The Villages

collie1228 04-20-2017 08:21 AM

Something bad seems to happen when you use the link copy function. Suggest you copy and paste this link in your browser - if you put in the www in the TOTV post, the system recognizes it as a website and will redirect it, making it unusable. Glitch, I guess.

golfthevillages.com/golf-academy/ranges.asp

John_W 04-20-2017 08:23 AM

Do you ever shop at the Walmart on Wedgewood Drive? That's the one on 466 by the high school. If so, take your clubs next time, there's a nice driving range directly behind Walmart and you can get a big bucket for little and hit off the grass anytime. If you don't like the place, go 1/4 mile west turn left on 301 southbound, and look for a driving range 1 mile on your left. They are also grass only tees. Don't worry about dressing up with a collar shirt and all that stuff TV requires, these places are casual.

Polar Bear 04-20-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collie1228 (Post 1388781)
...Suggest you copy and paste this link in your browser...

You beat me to it! :)

CWGUY 04-20-2017 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by collie1228 (Post 1388781)
Something bad seems to happen when you use the link copy function. Suggest you copy and paste this link in your browser - if you put in the www in the TOTV post, the system recognizes it as a website and will redirect it, making it unusable. Glitch, I guess.

:shrug:Do you really think it's a glitch? If I ran The Villages.... I won't allow any links to my sites on TOTV. That's just me and MHO.:)

JoMar 04-20-2017 04:48 PM

A collared shirt is dress up? Who knew? :shocked:

John_W 04-20-2017 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 1389017)
A collared shirt is dress up? Who knew? :shocked:

When it's 90 degrees and you're hitting a large bucket of balls, your glove is soaking wet, sweat is running down your face, and I have the choice of a T-shirt or a Nike collared golf shirt, which would you choose? Also getting a bucket 3 times the size of a $5 bucket for $7, that's nice too, but that's just me.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...832cd045cc.jpg

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 04-21-2017 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1388784)
Do you ever shop at the Walmart on Wedgewood Drive? That's the one on 466 by the high school. If so, take your clubs next time, there's a nice driving range directly behind Walmart and you can get a big bucket for little and hit off the grass anytime. If you don't like the place, go 1/4 mile west turn left on 301 southbound, and look for a driving range 1 mile on your left. They are also grass only tees. Don't worry about dressing up with a collar shirt and all that stuff TV requires, these places are casual.

I've been to that range several times. The last time I was helping my wife and I was spoken to about giving lessons.

Also the condition of the teeing area is deplorable. I felt as though I was hitting out of a hole most of the time. It's difficult to find grass to hit from. They're more like dirt tees than grass tees.

collie1228 04-21-2017 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1388962)
:shrug:Do you really think it's a glitch? If I ran The Villages.... I won't allow any links to my sites on TOTV. That's just me and MHO.:)

I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. When you do a reply, the system allows you to insert a link (there is an icon with a paper clip in it that says "Insert Link" when you put your mouse over it). It just doesn't work once you've inserted it.