Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Recommended Contractors? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/recommended-contractors-27973/)

chevie 03-14-2010 09:55 AM

Recommended Contractors?

We intend to expand our Lanai and have a screen room, (birdcage) built. Can anyone recommend reliable contractors? We are thinking about Randa Services, T & A Construction, or Gingerich Construction. Thanks.

GMONEY 03-15-2010 05:34 AM

T & D would be my recommendation!!! 352-748-6655

ceejay 03-15-2010 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMONEY (Post 254076)
T & D would be my recommendation!!!

:agree::thumbup::thumbup:

Judyh 03-21-2010 05:50 PM

Please look at my posting on bird cage installation. We quoted 3 different companies. White Alum. wanted a deposit, us to pay for sprinkler head moving and pay the concrete people individually. We went with Quality Screen & Alum. Blake Keedy phone# 352-326-9090. He required no money at all until the job was complete and we were happy with the job. His work and the guys that worked for him were fantastic. The quality (we found out from the Building Inspector) went way beyond what was required. We are so happy with his work and would recommend him to anyone.
JH

ijusluvit 03-21-2010 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevie (Post 253953)
We intend to expand our Lanai and have a screen room, (birdcage) built. Can anyone recommend reliable contractors? We are thinking about Randa Services, T & A Construction, or Gingerich Construction. Thanks.

You did not mention T&D Concrete. They are the best company we have ever dealt with for any construction project we've done in five different homes.

Go to the search box, put in their name, and read dozens of similar glowing recommendations. Good luck on your project!

birdlady 12-23-2010 04:54 PM

Recommended Contractors?

Long story short, I would strongly suggest you DO NOT use Randa Services. I have heard great things about T&D but have no personal experience.

teachnmo 12-24-2010 12:34 AM

My Vote is for T & D

Just finished our increased lanai and birdcage this month. Love it. They come back often to check on progressing work.

mac9 12-24-2010 01:52 AM

T & D recently extended and enclosed our lanai and also added a golf cart garage. We are very pleased with their work. They were here to work when they said that they would be and essentially finished the job within the time frame that was stated at the beginning. The supervisor of our project, Jim, was always available to answer our questions and amenable to any changes that we wanted. All in all a good business experience.

k2at 12-24-2010 02:38 AM

My neighbor used T & D and could not be happier. They did the work on time, were especially neat, and the quality of work cannot be questioned. My neighbor had a small concern when the job was completed and they were paid in full. They came back immediately and took care of his concern. I don't believe you can ask for more than that.

bogeybabe 12-24-2010 09:15 AM

D and J Construction! they did our lanai and birdcage.have referred them to others in our area....all are satisfied!!!! check them out....they do their own work.no subcontractors!

MelZ 12-24-2010 11:14 AM

T&D added our birdcage and concrete work, excellent work and customer care.

Bogie Shooter 12-24-2010 05:23 PM

The home warranty dept has a list of recommended contractors.

TamLeigh 01-09-2011 07:27 PM

Recommend Quality Aluminum

We just had our birdcage done with extensive concrete work. Blake, who has Quality Aluminum, couldn't have been better. He had multiple suggestions of what would and wouldn't work. He suggested moving gutters and was really great in knowing what would work in our irregular CY villa lot. We love it!! We couldn't be happier with the job that Blake and Quality Aluminum did. No down payment and pymt only when the job was complete and we were happy. Nothing had to be redone....except adding a doggie door!!! I could not recommend him more highly. Great job and very, very pleased!!!!!

vj1213 01-09-2011 09:08 PM

We just completed ours last week. We had Kilcrease. They did a great job. Our birdcage had to be built on an angle due to the shape of our homesite, I was a bit skeptical but looks really good. They also did the gutters. No payment is made until it is complete and you are satisfied.

Tom Hannon 01-09-2011 09:11 PM

Hey Viv... If you can, email me a few pics of your new bird cage. I'd like to see it. Thanks.