Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Visitor Pass (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/visitor-pass-29230/)

MountainMan 05-18-2010 02:43 PM

Visitor Pass

We have invited friends to join us in TV for two weeks during the summer. How do we acquire the free visitor passes and opposed to the passes which cost $50? I don't think we will be golfing during vacation but if we should decide that we want to golf, does that make a difference? Thanks

Ohiogirl 05-18-2010 03:39 PM

www.thevillages.net

there's a more direct website but this one has links and info for everything. New residents can learn a lot. Just scroll down a little for the link for visitor passes. You can also go to a regional rec center and apply in person but hours are limited from 8-5 and some have Sat. morning hours.

You will need to know the addresses (that match visitor's drivers' licenses) and their birthdates.

Lots of info on this website, good thing to check out.

Ohiogirl 05-18-2010 03:40 PM

Forgot to say that you CANNOT get your visitors resident guest passes unless you turn yours in. They (the resident guest passes that cost $50) were designed for renters, not visitors.

Bogie Shooter 05-18-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MountainMan (Post 265480)
We have invited friends to join us in TV for two weeks during the summer. How do we acquire the free visitor passes and opposed to the passes which cost $50? I don't think we will be golfing during vacation but if we should decide that we want to golf, does that make a difference? Thanks

Here is the guest ID policy and should answer all your questions. If not you can stop in at any of the regional rec centers for further information.
http://www.districtgov.org/departmen...D%20Policy.pdf

jerseyvillager 05-18-2010 05:32 PM

Visitors pass

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohiogirl (Post 265490)
Forgot to say that you CANNOT get your visitors resident guest passes unless you turn yours in. They (the resident guest passes that cost $50) were designed for renters, not visitors.

What pass and what is the cost of a pass that permits a visitor to take advantage of all the facilities, golf, tennis, etc.?

Bogie Shooter 05-18-2010 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohiogirl (Post 265490)

Not sure what you are talking about here. I have had visitors for over a week and got them visiter passes and did not have to turn in my ID's. By the way these visitors passes allow them to do everything.
Could you explain?

Ohiogirl 05-18-2010 06:28 PM

sorry to confuse

there are 2 types of guest passes:

Regular guest pass: the type (free) that you get for your family and friends who visit. Does not give them free executive golf or access to sports pools. Need to be with a resident to go to Katie Belle's. Pay guest fees to play golf. It does give them access to neighborhood and family pools. See the website referred to above for details on how to get.

Resident guest pass: $50 for up to 2 adults - good for a specific period of time - the dates filled in by the owner on the resident guest pass application - the owner turns in their own passes - for the period of time the resident guest will be living there - usually used in conjunction with a rental. I believe this can be done for up to a year for year-round tenants. I've only had tenants for a maximum of 3 months at a time.

The renter can opt for a regular guest pass instead - these are optional. The "resident guest" with such a pass gets free executive golf, access to Katie Belle's, resident prices on championship golf, access to sports pools.

I have had lots of tenants, mostly the short term ones, opt for the regular free guest passes.

Indy-Guy 05-18-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Your question was. How do we acquire the free visitor passes and opposed to the passes which cost $50?

Answer: Go to a Regional Recreation Center (Savannah Center, Laurel Manor, Lake Miona etc.) and fill out their form which will include Name, Address date of birth and dates of visit. They will type them up for you while you wait or perhaps have them for you same day. You will need your Resident ID Card You can also go to thevillages.net and click on guest pass ID application and fill the information out on line and pick them up at the Regional Recreation of choice several days from applying on line. You will need your id# and pass word. This free guest pass should do all you want to do.

Hope the above answers your question.

As stated earlier the $50.00 pass is used almost always when a unit is rented and the owner leaves and turns over his Villages ID.

dillywho 05-18-2010 10:42 PM

Quote:

If you are a resident living here and have guests from outside Lake, Marion, or Sumter counties, there is no charge. You, as the resident, have to apply for the passes and pick them up. (You can apply online.) You will be required to present your resident ID card when you pick them up. They are your guests, and as such, you are ultimately responsible for them. The guest passes are good for 30 days and can be renewed at the end of the 30 days if necessary. The restrictions (which are not that many) are printed along with the ID cards. Guests over 19 do not have to be accompanied by you, but must have their guest pass along with a picture ID with them at all times when using any of the facilities. They will have to pay a green fee and trail fee if they golf while they are here.

Hope this helps. (Hope all of you have a great time while they are here, as well.)

chuckinca 05-18-2010 10:55 PM

Never could understand why there are no guests allowed from the three local counties. Seems like TV is telling you not to get friendly with the locals and tell your relatives to stay away.

Indy-Guy 05-19-2010 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckinca (Post 265560)
Never could understand why there are no guests allowed from the three local counties. Seems like TV is telling you not to get friendly with the locals and tell your relatives to stay away. I don't want to pay my recreation fee to help people who choose to purchase next door and use what I pay for. They had a choice.

This is why. Lets say our friends decide to move to the area. They look at The Villages but feel that they can get more home for the money just outside The Villages which they can. They decide that they will buy at say Del Webb since they have good friends that live at The Villages and can use any of the pools, golf courses, and Rec Centers using their guest pass from us.

Also some may wonder why at the Championship Courses you show your ID when you check in at the pro shop then again at the Starter Shack. Well it seems that some time ago non-golfers would get their friends that live just outside The Villages on our courses. The resident would go to the Pro Shop with the friend and resident would show ID and check in then walk outside and hand the starter ticket to their friend and let them go play. The resident didn't care about a crowed course because he dosen't play golf.

A couple of years ago I played in a foursome and the guest lived at Del Webb. I asked him what condition the course up there was in. He said he never plays there he always plays with his friend here in The Villages. He was a snow bird with a out of state ID and that is how they got around it. So if we opened it up for the people who live just outside The Villages it would be more crowded.

I for one feel that if people decide not to purchase in The Villages that is their choice. But I don't want them on our courses during the snow bird time tee times can be at a premium and the people who chose not to purchase here should not be allowed to come in and take my tee time.

This also helps our property values by keeping our neighbors out of the recreation areas that I pay for and they chose not to.

I have a friend who lives outside The Villages as he chose not to purchase in The Villages he now wishes he was in The Villages.

graciegirl 05-19-2010 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy-Guy (Post 265589)
This is why. Lets say our friends decide to move to the area. They look at The Villages but feel that they can get more home for the money just outside The Villages which they can. They decide that they will buy at say Del Webb since they have good friends that live at The Villages and can use any of the pools, golf courses, and Rec Centers using their guest pass from us.

Also some may wonder why at the Championship Courses you show your ID when you check in at the pro shop then again at the Starter Shack. Well it seems that some time ago non-golfers would get their friends that live just outside The Villages on our courses. The resident would go to the Pro Shop with the friend and resident would show ID and check in then walk outside and hand the starter ticket to their friend and let them go play. The resident didn't care about a crowed course because he dosen't play golf.

A couple of years ago I played in a foursome and the guest lived at Del Webb. I asked him what condition the course up there was in. He said he never plays there he always plays with his friend here in The Villages. He was a snow bird with a out of state ID and that is how they got around it. So if we opened it up for the people who live just outside The Villages it would be more crowded.

I for one feel that if people decide not to purchase in The Villages that is their choice. But I don't want them on our courses during the snow bird time tee times can be at a premium and the people who chose not to purchase here should not be allowed to come in and take my tee time.

This also helps our property values by keeping our neighbors out of the recreation areas that I pay for and they chose not to.

I have a friend who lives outside The Villages as he chose not to purchase in The Villages he now wishes he was in The Villages.

VERY well said. I do agree with you, yet again, Indy-guy!