Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Tampa Airport Transportation (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/tampa-airport-transportation-29880/)

Skip2MySue 06-18-2010 12:38 PM

Tampa Airport Transportation

We're flying into Tampa in August for a quickie visit as it's much cheaper then Orlando and we need transportation back and forth. Anyone have experience or suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Skip & Sue

l2ridehd 06-18-2010 01:03 PM

From Tampa the cheapest way to do it is Enterprise car rental. For just a couple days, keep the car, for more turn it in at LSL and rent again for the return. I always check flights to Tampa and Orlando. Orlando is usually the lowest but not always. Time wise Tampa is a little longer (15 minutes) but usually less traffic and no tolls.

Kelsie52 06-18-2010 01:04 PM

I just visited 2 weeks ago and came in through Tampa---Try the Dollar rent a car site --I had midsize care for 5 nights 160 dollars with all taxes --

Easy access and drop off --office in terminal --

good luck

jaspal 06-18-2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsie52 (Post 270637)
I just visited 2 weeks ago and came in through Tampa---Try the Dollar rent a car site --I had midsize care for 5 nights 160 dollars with all taxes --

Easy access and drop off --office in terminal --

good luck

We were also at TV. We always use Hotwire. TPA was $11.99 & MCO was $9.95 a day. They only use Hertz, Avis, Budget or Enterprise cars. We have always had good prices & service with them. You can book on line or call 1-800-845-4026 at the last minute. I usually check the computer before I call so i have an idea of the rates.
:coolsmiley:

l2ridehd 06-18-2010 03:14 PM

I agree with jaspal if your planning to keep the car while your at TV. The advantage to Enterprise is a drop off and pickup in LSL with no drop off charge as they treat most Florida locations as the same place. And they will take you to your home in TV and pick you up again. That way you can just use the golf cart while there.

Skip2MySue 06-18-2010 07:11 PM

Finally I have some info to give back to you guys

So I made a diligent effort to get a fair price for the car rental as based on DW's raised eyebrows, that was the only way to go. So the search began :024: and I couldn't believe the price variations for a Full Size Car. I checked out each heavy hitter site which totaled 6 of them. $309 to $481 range. Then I tried Hotwire and that was $299. Then I noticed an ad by Priceline to make and offer. What did I have to lose so I offered $50 per day and with taxes and fees it came to $241.86!!!!!!!! Darned, I should have tried $40 per day.:icon_wink:
Hope this info helps others.
Skip