Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Travel Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/travel-forum-119/)
-   -   Ft lauderdale Cruise port parking? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/travel-forum-119/ft-lauderdale-cruise-port-parking-32353/)

williep 10-03-2010 11:40 AM

Ft lauderdale Cruise port parking?

We are taking 2 week cruise out of Ft Lauderdale in November. We plan to drive down from TV and leave our car. Has anyone done this and what parking facility did you use? There appears to be many and the rates vary so we're looking for recommendations. Thanks, Bill

rjm1cc 10-03-2010 11:48 AM

Try and find a motel to stay at the night before that will let you park your car for free for the two weeks. Try http://boards.cruisecritic.com/ and look up your port and then search.

BowleesCreekYachtClub 10-03-2010 07:17 PM

We've been taking cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale whenever we can because of the ParknFly service. I haven't checked recently but I am guessing it will cost you about $90 for a week of parking. You pull into the cruise area of their airport parking lot and within a few minutes the bus will pull up behind your car, they'll load your luggage onto the bus and unload it at the cruise terminal. Check their website - and based on our last trip it is probably a good idea to make a reservation. Beats Miami!

KayakerNC 10-04-2010 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowleesCreekYachtClub (Post 296748)
We've been taking cruises out of Ft. Lauderdale whenever we can because of the ParknFly service. I haven't checked recently but I am guessing it will cost you about $90 for a week of parking. You pull into the cruise area of their airport parking lot and within a few minutes the bus will pull up behind your car, they'll load your luggage onto the bus and unload it at the cruise terminal. Check their website - and based on our last trip it is probably a good idea to make a reservation. Beats Miami!

Does PnF proved shuttle service from the Port back to the parking lot, when the cruise ends?

BowleesCreekYachtClub 10-04-2010 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayakerNC (Post 296783)
Does PnF proved shuttle service from the Port back to the parking lot, when the cruise ends?

Yes they do - they'll give you card when you get on the bus to the cruise ship with the info.

ladylake1 10-04-2010 10:44 AM

We have gone on the "cruise Connection" bus to Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. Your ravel agent should be able to help contact them. They pick up and deliver from behind McD's on 441 across from Walmart.

2newyorkers 10-04-2010 11:01 AM

We also used ParkNFly and had no problems. You park your car, they pick you up with a shuttle and take you to the ship. When you disembark, call them on your cell phone.

pauld315 10-05-2010 10:22 AM

We stayed at the hotel below the night before the cruise. I believe if you book a room there the night before and the day after the cruise they will allow you to leave your car there for free. We flew so it may be you just need to have a room booked the night before to leave your car there. They have a shuttle bus that will take you to the port and then back to the hotel after you return. Call them and ask them about it if it interests you and you also get a day or two to tour around the Lauderdale area.

This was a couple years ago but I got the room for about $80 a night including all taxes.

Enjoy the cruise !

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise port
2275 SR 84
Marina Mile Rd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 US
Phone: 954-584-4000

rjm1cc 10-05-2010 11:38 AM

Saw an add for Roadway Inns for 69 including shuttle to and from terminal and free parking.

SeaCruiser 10-16-2010 07:04 AM

We have used Park N' Fly in the past and have had great service.
We cruise Holland America and they have parking promos on their website so I would suggest to check if your cruise line offers any promos.

We are also cruising in a few weeks and they offered transfers from the Lady Lake Cruise Connection stop at Mc Donalds on 441. I do believe these were subsidized by the cruise line in our case because it was a deal we could not refuse.

scrapple 10-16-2010 08:15 AM

Ditto to the Cruisecritic.com post earlier. They are a wealth of info on this sort of thing, including your actual cruise. You can probably do a search for a group that is going on the cruise with you, meet on line and then on the boat. We had a blast with our Cruisecritic group on our Alaska trip! At any rate, they will have up to the minute info on parking.
Enjoy!

sandybill2 10-16-2010 11:13 AM

We just returned from a 6 day Carnival cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. We used Park-N-Fly and had no problem whatsoever. We were fortunate enough to search online and found a 5.99 per day coupon for Park-N-Fly but this offer expires the end of this month. As noted, they pick you up at your car and then pick you back up at cruise terminal and take you back to car. No waiting until the bus is full, etc. We tipped the driver a couple of dollars for taking our bags on and off the bus.

BowleesCreekYachtClub 10-16-2010 12:27 PM

We have used ParknFly and they are very good. But if you are taking a 2 week cruise you'll be better off letting Cruise Connection do the driving - it will be cheaper than the parking fee, gas and turnpike tolls.