Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Gardenia Walk in Roman Showers (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/gardenia-walk-roman-showers-35095/)

jchase 01-12-2011 09:22 AM

Gardenia Walk in Roman Showers

We are planning on building a Gardenia and would like input as to the pros/cons of a Roman walk in shower. We know that it takes away space from the linen closet and wall space. Are they drafty during colder weather? Any opinions/suggestions?

Kelsie52 01-12-2011 09:44 AM

We have a Begonia which is exactly the same as the Gardinia except for the front window in the kitchen ..We have the walk in Shower on an outside wall

It is great --no drafts so far (only been here since Oct) and the bathroom is more than spacious enough --we love it

good luck

Tom Hannon 01-12-2011 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelsie52 (Post 322315)
We have a Begonia which is exactly the same as the Gardinia except for the front window in the kitchen ..We have the walk in Shower on an outside wall

It is great --no drafts so far (only been here since Oct) and the bathroom is more than spacious enough --we love it

good luck

I have an Iris with the same walk in shower. Although I haven't used it during the winter months, I've never heard anything bad mentioned with them. So- take off your clothes, turn on the water and enjoy.

TommyT 01-12-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchase (Post 322312)
input as to the pros/cons of a Roman walk in shower.

We have a Designer in Pennecamp with the Roman shower and love it. No drafts and is very enjoyable to take showers. No question...get it.

taylor111947 01-12-2011 12:04 PM

A Roman Shower is an important feature in the home I expect to buy. I'm hoping to live in TV for a long time so I want features that will accomodate me if I develop any kind of disabiity. The Roman Shower does not require you to step up, can easily fit a chair and may be big enough to handle a wheel chair (not sure about that, but it looks pretty big). Hopefully, that won't be necessary, but it pays to think ahead.

Mikitv 01-12-2011 12:25 PM

We have it in our Bridgeport and love it. No need for doors or curtains. I have a electric space heater I use when it is so cold here just like I did in Ark where I did have a shower door.

jaspal 01-12-2011 12:34 PM

We have a Lantana in Buttonwood with a roman shower. I LOVE it! The winter months are also comfortable.

pooh 01-12-2011 01:06 PM

We have a Roman shower in our Lantana. Love it. We've used it for over 4 years. What I did do was install some Command Strip hooks on one wall to put our towels on so we don't have to reach too far to get a nice dry towel after our shower.

Sherman931 01-12-2011 01:14 PM

Sorry to post the first negative comment. We have a roman in the Camilla model. Lost the area for sitting at the counter near wash basin where wife could do make-up etc. Also in the recent cold weather I find the "openess" not so warm. Miss something smaller where the hot water and steam keep you warm in a more confined shower....wouldn't do it again.

RichieLion 01-12-2011 01:27 PM

I also have the roman shower in my Camilla model, which is the same floorplan as a Gardenia in the wood and siding version, and love it. You lose a little area from one of the walk in closets and not the linen closet. Guess who got the smaller closet? LOL; it's still plenty big enough for me. Also there are 2 separate sinks and counters, so the wife and I are not bumping into each other brushing our teeth.

I love the openness of the shower and feel cramped in traditional showers now when I use them. Try it, you'll like it.

Taj44 01-12-2011 02:04 PM

We have used both types of shower, and prefer the closed in shower (with doors). It is just warmer and steamier. We have a gardenia with doors now, and it is plenty large enough and has a built in seat.

skyguy79 01-12-2011 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RichieLion (Post 322381)
I also have the roman shower in my Camilla model, which is the same floorplan as a Gardenia in the wood and siding version, and love it. You lose a little area from one of the walk in closets and not the linen closet. Guess who got the smaller closet? LOL; it's still plenty big enough for me. Also there are 2 separate sinks and counters, so the wife and I are not bumping into each other brushing our teeth.

I love the openness of the shower and feel cramped in traditional showers now when I use them. Try it, you'll like it.

Richie, I didn't check the Camilla but if you go to the floor plan for the Gardenia you'll find that there is space lost in the linen closet if you compare the main floor plan with option A. There is also no obvious loss of walk-in closet space apparant from that same floor plan.

oceangirl 01-12-2011 04:05 PM

We are building a Lily and having the roman shower. Can't wait I am so tired of finding the right shower curtain.

I was wondering what features sold you on the house that you built? I am leaning to white cabinets in the kitchen with a single wall oven.

Also I think we are having tile at the angle.

Any thoughts?:pepper2:

jaspal 01-12-2011 06:24 PM

Good idea---I'll also do that in my Lantana.

Debfrommaine 01-12-2011 06:26 PM

Have a Whispering Pine w/Roman shower - we all fit in the shower just fine!:BigApplause: