Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Mark Morse "State of the Villages" speech (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/mark-morse-state-villages-speech-38563/)

villages07 05-13-2011 08:05 AM

Mark Morse "State of the Villages" speech

On Wednesday May 11, the VHA sponsored the annual Mark Morse "State of the Villages" speech. A recap was printed in Thursday's paper and a replay of the talk will be on VNN (Comcast Channel 2) all weekend, every 3 hours, starting at noon on Saturday.

Just an FYI for those not in the bubble or those who don't get the paper.

Here's the link to the Sun article:

http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/n...cc4c03286.html

No big, big announcements this year .... lots of stats and apparently a presentation from the folks at USF about their upcoming partnership on medical/aging study in the Villages. The good just keeps getting better.

bike42 05-13-2011 08:15 AM

They said that they will be breaking ground soon for the first four buildings at Brownwood: a sales/information center, a bank, a support services building and a movie theater.

champion6 05-14-2011 11:16 AM

Thanks for the information, guys... very much appreciated. :thumbup:

jojo 05-14-2011 01:04 PM

I just watched the state of the state address on the Villages Channel 2. Most of the info Mark Morse presented was in the Sun. I was blown away by the USF medical folks. They will be bringing "nationally renowned" physicians to The Villages for 2 to 3 day periods to interact with Villagers (and I'm guessing to do seminars with the physicians who are here.) The cardiologist spoke of genomic medicine - prescribing drug dosages based on genetics. I think it's a win-win for USF and The Villages. USF seems to be on the cutting edge of technology. I think the presentation is to be repeated every 3 hours this weekend. I saw it at 12:00 today - Saturday.

champion6 05-14-2011 01:06 PM

If anyone finds this presentation online, please post a link. Thanks.

swrinfla 05-14-2011 03:28 PM

The guys from USF blew my mind, too.

I see great benefits from the partnership, eventually. Maybe not in my lifetime, but since TV is going to be here forever, those living the lifestyle in 2020 will certainly benefit.

I participated in the first of USF's programmed focus groups on 4/26 and was excited then of the prospects, as well as excited that I and the rest of the group educated the interviewer a bit about this unique place!

SWR
:beer3:

beartrack 05-14-2011 04:01 PM

All Good !!!! But I find it very strange that there is no mention of the Moffitt Center or any conversation about the money raised so far. Could it be that the Morse family is hanging their collective heads in shame over their conduct concerning the Relay For Life. They should. Other then their very poor decision's concerning the Relay, I thank them for this wonderful community and for their forsight in making my life so much better. I am not angry, but as a cancer survivor, I am very dissapointed in them. They have given me alot, including the coming of Moffitt Center to The Villages but, in my opinion, they acted very poorly concerning the Relay. For all the good they do, I give them a huge atta boy. But as for the relay " THEY BLEW IT " Too bad.

Pturner 05-14-2011 04:13 PM

Thanks for the heads up, V07.

The USF partnership sounds exciting indeed! Steve, great for you for participating in the focus group.

:beer3:

ilovetv 05-14-2011 09:25 PM

Vision is what it takes, and they have it

We have the closest thing to paradise we could have here, because of the vision these leaders have had and keep providing for the future.

I think previous posts here about the "greedy", "ruthless" developers are all wrong.

Of course they want to make money (who doesn't?).......but it was written all over the Morses' faces that they love what they do and have accomplished here.....and want to continue accomplishing.

JimPete 05-14-2011 09:37 PM

That is the best way to make money. Love what you do.