Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   serenity dentistry spa (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/serenity-dentistry-spa-43764/)

golfclub 10-15-2011 08:44 AM

serenity dentistry spa

I just visited Serenity Dentistry Spa in Spanish Spring. Really like the high tech office and staffs. Need feedback from other Villagers before I make a schedule.

Freeda 10-15-2011 09:13 AM

We go there and are very happy with Dr. Luong and her staff.

Texan 10-15-2011 09:21 AM

We have been going to Dr. Loung for some time now and absolutely love her and the beautiful high tech office. Connie takes care of all insurance issues and we feel like we are family. I highly recommend Serenity Dental Spa!!!:welcome:

blueash 10-15-2011 11:50 AM

I know nothing, but

When an office buys an expensive piece of equipment they have to be sure they increase their income to cover its costs. Orthopedic offices with MRI's do more MRI's than offices without one would order. Gyn's with bone density machines will tell you than you need a scan more often than those without one. You've got to make money on the investment. I am very cautious about any medical professional who encourages use of their own shiney new machine when last year they didn't tell me to go elsewhere to get the service they were not able to supply in house. When did dentists become spa directors? Is that covered in dental school or marketing school and what does it say about the priority of the people running the office

ilovetv 10-15-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueash (Post 406373)
When an office buys an expensive piece of equipment they have to be sure they increase their income to cover its costs. Orthopedic offices with MRI's do more MRI's than offices without one would order. Gyn's with bone density machines will tell you than you need a scan more often than those without one. You've got to make money on the investment. I am very cautious about any medical professional who encourages use of their own shiney new machine when last year they didn't tell me to go elsewhere to get the service they were not able to supply in house. When did dentists become spa directors? Is that covered in dental school or marketing school and what does it say about the priority of the people running the office

The term "spa" has many implications, some of which are sorely needed in most dental practices where many of us have been brutalized over the years by dentists that should have been limited to working in a blacksmith shop, shoeing horses.

Spas typically promote whole-body and mind wellness, not pain quadrupled by the stress and insult of being told "you can't be feeling that....the novacaine is working" (never mind the high pitched drill sounds piercing thru every nerve in your body).

Spas promote relaxation, not fear of being worked on by somebody who denies they're causing horrendous pain and apparently cares nothing about that.

Spas would also not have that horrible antiseptic smell smack its patrons in the face as they walk in, reminding them of every horrible dentistry experience they've ever had. Smells can remind us of past experiences just as much as old songs on the radio remind us of all the details of where we were 40 years ago when we heard it first.

I think the dentist mentioned is a caring, compassionate person to set up her practice as she has. If patients thought it were a farce, they wouldn't be going there and recommending it to others as is the case many times here.

And if you think the dentist has bought newer, digital/computerized imaging equipment only to rake in more bucks, maybe when it's time to get a mammogram, you or your wife should look for a provider that uses the mammogram machinery of 20-30 years ago instead of the state-of-the-art digital/computerized ones in use today.

golfclub 10-15-2011 01:17 PM

I appreciate your responses.

3181ravencrof 12-22-2012 02:26 PM

Great experience

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfclub (Post 406252)
I just visited Serenity Dentistry Spa in Spanish Spring. Really like the high tech office and staffs. Need feedback from other Villagers before I make a schedule.

Was just there for my first patient visit, really liked the staff and the Dentst.
Highly recommend to everyone.
Extremely comforable atmosphere.
Professional in all aspects of the practice.

wendyquat 12-22-2012 03:06 PM

We've been going there about a year now and really like Dr. Luong and her staff!
The "spa" experience is little more than soothing music and a calming video to watch while in the chair plus a warm towel when you are finished! We love it! Her rates are lower than what we were paying in NC two years ago!

Challenger 12-22-2012 03:44 PM

Wife and I are both patients. Found Dr Luong first here on TOTV and were also sceptical about the "Spa". Personally think she should ditch that name as it spooks some people (including me) . That being said , we have been patients for 18 months and have both been very pleased with every aspect of the practice .

delima2000 12-22-2012 04:48 PM

My husband and I,are patients of dr. luong. We love her. The office staff is very friendly and Connie is wonderful. She checks out everything about your insurance and you know how much you owe. I am deathly afraid of dentists and her practice put me at ease they are the only practice that I found that has gas. When you need a crown she has it ready that day. No having a temp on and waiting a couple of weeks to get the permanent put in. Mine fit the first time. She sent me to Dr Clause for a root canal and she was wonderful too. All I can say is wonderful experience with serenity dental spa. Love them.

buzzy 12-22-2012 06:16 PM

Wife and I just had our first visits for full x-rays and cleaning. Everything went fine, we like Dr. Luong and her staff, and they take assignment from Delta Dental. Also, we were not hit with any surprises

Debfrommaine 12-22-2012 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfclub (Post 406252)

Have been a patient for more than a year now. They do a great job and what I liked was no pressure and no "new" ideas on what I need. Excellent at making the patient feel comfortable while offering peace of mind.

jmarkohio 12-23-2012 08:21 AM

First time in my life I can actually say, "I love my dentist!"

Parker 12-31-2012 09:20 AM

My experience at Serenity Spa was a little different. I made an appointment based on the glowing reviews here. When I got there, on time, I was told I should have arrived 45 minutes earlier for paperwork. No one told me that. The hygenist had a cold and kept sniffling during my cleaning, and she talked nonstop and waited for responses from me even though she was busy in my mouth. When Dr. Luong came in, she barely said hello, kept repeating previously asked questions to me, like "how long have you lived here". Then she told her tech I needed two areas of dental work which no other dentist had told me. I couldn't wait to get out of there. And I haven't had any problems with my teeth in the past 8 mos since my visit. She may be great, but one couldn't tell it from my visit there.