Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Dentist who takes Preferred Care Insurance (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/dentist-who-takes-preferred-care-insurance-47935/)

Mimivillager 01-24-2012 03:57 PM

Dentist who takes Preferred Care Insurance

We have preferred Care Partners Insurance and are looking for a good dentist who accepts the plan

Does anyone have a suggestion?

NotGolfer 01-24-2012 07:26 PM

Dr. Fisher on Old Camp Rd. across from Barnes and Noble in that new medical park!

Mimivillager 01-25-2012 12:22 PM

Can anyone recommend him??

clpeak 01-26-2012 09:04 AM

I can recommend Dr. Willard Fisher. Also, Lucy is a great hygenist. I am so happy to find a good dental practice that is a Preferred Care provider. It took me a long time to find this dental practice.

Living a Fantasy 01-26-2012 10:39 AM

Thanks for the info on Dr. Fisher, I'm calling today before everyone else finds out about that practice !

Mimivillager 01-27-2012 07:06 AM

Good idea! Shhh!! Don't tell anyone else.

VillagesFlorida 01-30-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mimivillager (Post 445832)
Good idea! Shhh!! Don't tell anyone else.

Someone must have told someone! We stopped by Dr. Fischer's office today to make our first appointments for cleanings, exam, etc. and the soonest we can be seen is June 1st! I think almost every person who has Preferred Care Partners must have made appointments with this office! Any feedback on the office and the staff will be greatly appreciated. We will try him this time and see how we like the place and the staff.

NotGolfer 01-30-2012 07:01 PM

Had the 1st visit...glad the appointment was made b/4 the new year if they're that busy. It was pretty efficient---cleaning, x-ray and check by the dentist. I'm hoping too it was a good decision to go with him. Don't have alot of choices with PCP but if the general check-up gets paid we're happy with that!!!

VillagesFlorida 01-30-2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotGolfer (Post 447130)
Had the 1st visit...glad the appointment was made b/4 the new year if they're that busy. It was pretty efficient---cleaning, x-ray and check by the dentist. I'm hoping too it was a good decision to go with him. Don't have alot of choices with PCP but if the general check-up gets paid we're happy with that!!!

Thanks for the feedback, NotGolfer. We were about ready to head to Ocala to find a PCP dentist there. Unfortunately, there are not many in The Villages area who are on the PCP provider list. I am hoping that someone who had work done by Dr. Fischer will post here. I'd like to know what kind of a job he does with crowns, bridges, etc. Since we had NO dental coverage with original Medicare, I agree with you, that getting decent exams and cleanings, with no co-pay, is a real bonus. I hope he works out. I like the location and the nice, new office.

NotGolfer 01-30-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VillagesFlorida (Post 447139)
Thanks for the feedback, NotGolfer. We were about ready to head to Ocala to find a PCP dentist there. Unfortunately, there are not many in The Villages area who are on the PCP provider list. I am hoping that someone who had work done by Dr. Fischer will post here. I'd like to know what kind of a job he does with crowns, bridges, etc. Since we had NO dental coverage with original Medicare, I agree with you, that getting decent exams and cleanings, with no co-pay, is a real bonus. I hope he works out. I like the location and the nice, new office.

THAT would be good to know! I have had extensive, expensive work in my mouth so was quite nervous about this change. So, far (for me) so good!! Time will tell however. Hopefully he won't be "so" busy he drops the ball a bit with his care for patients.

merled 02-03-2012 01:43 PM

Sure can great guy and does not seem to be only interested in your pocket book.

Mimivillager 02-12-2012 12:39 PM

It sounds like he did not suggest unnecessary work for you. How was the hygienest? Where I went last, I had a lot of painful xrays. (my mouth is small and the xray film thingys were huge!)

NotGolfer 02-12-2012 12:53 PM

Hygenist was sweet and have to say it wasn't a painful procedure!!! She asked if I had a water pik (I do...as that's what my former hygenist recommended) and she concurred they're helpful for good dental health!! I would say a thumbs up to this practice (so far)!!!! :clap2:

VillagesFlorida 02-12-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotGolfer (Post 452281)
Hygenist was sweet and have to say it wasn't a painful procedure!!! She asked if I had a water pik (I do...as that's what my former hygenist recommended) and she concurred they're helpful for good dental health!! I would say a thumbs up to this practice (so far)!!!! :clap2:

I am addicted to my Water Pik so she will be happy to hear that when I go for my first cleaning in June! I have used a Water Pik for 4-5 years now and I use it several times a day when I am home. If anyone who has gone to Dr. Fischer has any work done (crowns, bridges, etc.) I hope they will post here as to how happy they are with the dentist and with the procedures. It would be so nice to find a really good dentist who participates in the PCP insurance.

RVRoadie 02-15-2012 08:27 PM

Just had a crown prep done by Dr Fisher today. Good experience. Very modern equipment, and professional staff. Took a little longer than my other experiences with crowns, but I attribute that to careful and thorough work. For example, one girl thought an impression was ok, another thought it might not be good enough. So they reworked it.

I had my initial exam and cleaning a few weeks ago. Went very well. I had previously been going to Magnolia and switched because of PCP. Happy I did.

TV's in each exam room, you pick the channel you want.

x-rays are done directly to computer, no film.