Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Famous People Living in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/famous-people-living-villages-55509/)

skyguy79 06-24-2012 07:42 AM

Famous People Living in The Villages

On another thread a retired AF General who had responsibilities for Air Force 1 at one time was brought up. It got me wondering about famous or significantly interesting people that have lived (past or present) in The Villages.

I don't know anybody that fits that bill on a national level, but I recently learned that a well know radio personality from where I moved in Upstate NY now lives here in TV and works part time on weekends for The Villages Radio Station. He also does parade announcing and private parties as a DJ, including weddings. I had hired him a few time back in NY for Halloween parties. His name is Ric Mitchell.

So my question for this thread is, who lives or has lived here in TV that was famous or well known, at least on a regional level? I remember a few being mentioned in the past, but I'm sure there must be more!

KARENNN 06-24-2012 08:01 AM

I heard that Jay Leno's mom lives here? Does anyone know if that is true?

Tom Hannon 06-24-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KARENNN (Post 510652)
I heard that Jay Leno's mom lives here? Does anyone know if that is true?

The wealthy real estate man Gary Moss lives here. And let us not forget Gracie. She also lives here.

Russ_Boston 06-24-2012 08:06 AM

John Stallworth - Former Pitt Steeler

Tim Thomas' (Bruins goalie) in-laws.

Stewart Cink's(PGA) parents.

rubicon 06-24-2012 08:36 AM

Steve Carell's parents
Stweart Cink's parents
Mr. Midnight and
Rubicon

Taltarzac725 06-24-2012 09:08 AM

Betty Skelton lived here in the Villages for some time.

Betty Skelton: Aviatrix and test driver who broke records on land and in the air - Obituaries - News - The Independent

There are some Doggie Doo Run Run visitors who used to go out with her and her husband and she seemed to still have that sense of adventure.

eweissenbach 06-24-2012 09:51 AM

Mike Brey's (Notre Dame basketball coach) parents
Nancy Lopez and Ray Knight (part-timers)
The Shadow

BobKat1 06-24-2012 09:59 AM

CNN's main weatherman, Chad Meyers (I beleive that's his name) parents live in TV. He's mentioned it on the air a few times.

Taltarzac725 06-24-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 510696)
Mike Brey's (Notre Dame basketball coach) parents
Nancy Lopez and Ray Knight (part-timers)
The Shadow

Who is the Shadow?? I do see someone on TOTV with that name but have no idea who this is.

I was famous in a circle for about 15 seconds back in 1989 at the American Association of Law Libraries meeting back in Reno, Nevada as the cataloguer of all the WESTLAW computer files. This was for a national project working in conjunction with the SUNY at Buffalo which was doing the LEXIS computer files.

Going back to Reno, Nevada in 1989 brought back a lot of memories of my searching for materials in Reno area libraries for materials to help out survivors of violent and other crimes stemming from my personal connection to the February 24, 1976 murder of Michelle Mitchell near the University of Nevada, Reno campus. Michelle Michelle was the daughter of my then high school English teacher, Barbara Mitchell, in 1976 and February 24 is also my birthday.

I tried to use my WESTLAW computer cataloger status to help survivors/victims of crimes by getting practical materials for them into various kinds of libraries. I had many successes from 1992 onward but probably just as many failures with getting practical materials into libraries of all types.

Had 24 nominations to Marquis Who's Who publications from 1992 through 2002. Also got a letter from Hillary Clinton, then First Lady, that she was going to help me with this by doing something about this niche with respect to practical information for survivors of crimes by putting this into her Health Care Reform efforts.

eweissenbach 06-24-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 510727)
Who is the Shadow?? I do see someone on TOTV with that name but have no idea who this is.

Sorry Tal, but only the Shadow knows

Taltarzac725 06-24-2012 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 510731)

Good one!

dalecrenshaw 06-24-2012 11:04 AM

I have heard that the famous 50's singer "Kay Starr" lived in the Villages and also the parents of HGTV's Interior Designer host, David Bromstad, lives in the Villages.

Taltarzac725 06-24-2012 11:08 AM

Gary Corsair did a small article on me for the Villages Daily Sun back in late May 2007 about my efforts trying to help survivors of crimes in Lake/Sumter/and Marion Counties. This was respect to getting the Florida Victim Services linked from these County Library Systems. I also tried to do this from the Lake/Sumter/and Marion County Sheriff's websites. The FL AG General's Office had suggested I try to make these connections back in 2000 and I have never given up trying.

Thought that was a very nice pat on the back from the Villages Daily Sun.

This is work that needs other people though to show a concern for survivors/victims of crimes by making requests to these libraries and sheriff's offices websites to get a link to the Florida Victim Services Directory. http://myfloridalegal.com/directory

It is on TOTV though, so it should help some people in this area of Central FL. when they need this information.

Taltarzac725 06-24-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalecrenshaw (Post 510749)
I have heard that the famous 50's singer "Kay Starr" lived in the Villages and also the parents of HGTV's Interior Designer host, David Bromstad, lives in the Villages.

Kay Starr - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Had to look up Kay Starr. There seem to be a lot of parents of various "famous" people here in the Villages. I seem to recall that a number of parents of Hollywood types live here in the Villages like one of the actors from Harry's Law.

I remember that during the scenes from the 2007 tornado in the Villages one of the reporters was pointing out his parents' home and that it had survived the storm.

skyguy79 06-24-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 510731)

I was going to say that, but I got hit by the "You snooze, you lose" bug. :bowdown: