Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Mystic Ice Cream Parlor (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/mystic-ice-cream-parlor-56198/)

marennorge 07-07-2012 07:36 AM

Mystic Ice Cream Parlor

2 Attachment(s)
If you're looking for a cold and creamy sweet treat, check out Mystic Ice Creams in the Magnolia Plaza on 466A East in Fruitland Park. Delicious homemade ice cream in some very interesting flavors. The parlor is decorated with Beatles memorabilia that that is fun to look at.

$5 for a generous waffle cone. Open 6-10 pm Wed- Sun only.

No, I don't have any financial or personal interest in this Villager-owned business, I just love good ice cream.

Phanatic Luvr 07-07-2012 07:56 AM

Good to know...

Since I live by 466A and have passed by it several times. I absolutely avoid the Haagen Dazs store in LSL since every time I have been there, the owner's seem to be incredibly rude. (just what I have witnessed)

Happinow 07-07-2012 08:00 AM

Will try Mystic

I go by Mystic all the time to get to the post office. Have always wondered what the ice cream was like. Thanks for the recommendation. Will give it a try.

VillagesFlorida 07-07-2012 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr (Post 517665)
Since I live by 466A and have passed by it several times. I absolutely avoid the Haagen Dazs store in LSL since every time I have been there, the owner's seem to be incredibly rude. (just what I have witnessed)

I avoid Haagen Dazs because I always feel that I get ripped off there. I keep a couple of spoons in the glove box in the golf cart and when we get a craving for a treat we go to Publix and buy a pint of Haagen Dazs.......the same thing happens at Baskin Robbins. A large dish is two golf-ball sized scoops. I don't mind paying more for good quality but I expect a decent sized serving for my money.

CaptJohn 07-07-2012 03:45 PM

Boogie on in!

Quote:

Originally Posted by marennorge (Post 517651)
If you're looking for a cold and creamy sweet treat, check out Mystic Ice Creams in the Magnolia Plaza on 466A East in Fruitland Park. Delicious homemade ice cream in some very interesting flavors. The parlor is decorated with Beatles memorabilia that that is fun to look at.

Calling Dr. Winston O. Boogie, Jr.! :laugh:

Gerald 07-07-2012 04:08 PM

I went there, the ice cream was great and the owner is a really nice guy. Much better then
the place in town ( no name given ) but it is on lake sumter which gives over price ice cream in tiny scoops.

Papa Muzzy 12-16-2012 09:19 AM

I was excited to have home made ice cream FINALY in The Villages.After visiting mystic many times over several months the ice cream all started to taste the same. Couldn't put my finger on it. I brought my sister that was visiting. She took one taste and said " Someth tastes like coconut or molasses" didn't eat another bite. Got her another flavor. Same thing. Lemon cookie flavor was the only one that didn't have the same taste. Now gone off the menu. We don't visit anymore. However if you like a very strong alcohol drink this is the place for you

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 12-16-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptJohn (Post 517912)
Calling Dr. Winston O. Boogie, Jr.! :laugh:

I've been there and the ice cream is great. If I'm not mistaken, Mystic is owned by fellow TOTV'er Tom Harmon.

Some day we might arrange for a Beatlemanics of the Villages field trip.

Bogie Shooter 12-16-2012 10:20 AM

Actually where is this place? I did a Google search with not results.

Phanatic Luvr 12-16-2012 10:41 AM

Directions

Take 466A towards Fruitland Park and it is on the right about a mile once you pass Colony Plaza.
Sits in a small strip center, easy to miss.

Indy-Guy 12-16-2012 10:51 AM

Below is a link to a news paper article on this place.

Daily Commercial - <p>Sweet treats for more mature tastes</p>

Skip2MySue 12-16-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr (Post 595385)
Take 466A towards Fruitland Park and it is on the right about a mile once you pass Colony Plaza.
Sits in a small strip center, easy to miss.

Also look for the big Sweepstakes sign on the right hand side of the road. It's in this mall. Please stay for the magic tricks as it's quite an impressive show that the owner puts on. I only go for the magic :D It's amazing how I've gained weight just watching the tricks.
Skip 2

lpkshop 04-21-2013 09:42 AM

FINALLY got to Mystic ! What was I waiting for MMMMMMM

shalomuall 04-21-2013 09:22 PM

saw your post, so when we came to our home for a few days,we took the neighbors and went. YUMMY! the best coffee ice cream I had in a long time. thank you.

SusanOfWoodbury 04-21-2013 09:50 PM

I cannot wait to try this ice cream place. I moved to TV last Aug and was shocked when I could only find two ice cream places in The Villages....

Looking forward in trying some homemade ice cream

Good Luck with your business