Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   K9 Lovers new to The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/k9-lovers-new-villages-60685/)

Geary 09-17-2012 11:21 AM

K9 Lovers new to The Villages

Hi, my name is Geary and my wife is Danice, we are in KY now but are selling our ranch this spring and moving to the villages, we have 4 Irish setters which all have been show dogs and one of our puppies from our last litter will be heading for the show this spring with her handler, we would like to meet others that love dogs, and clubs for dogs, my wife was a professional dog trainer for over 25 years and dogs are her life; so we are wanting to meet people that love dogs and of course other as well, I've a USAF vet. serving 6 years on the B52 and KC-135, in Thailand, Philippines, and many other place so always like meeting people from service, retired from the Federal Express and have owned my own business in restoration for many years, we came from Naperville Ill. 5 years ago and retired in KY, after 5 year we decided that the place is two big and need to down sizes not to the place is just to boring for us so we have decided to come to the villages, so we are starting to look around for a place to live and also to get to know others during this time so we know others somewhat we we get there, hope to sell our place fast.

thanks for reading and if this falls in the type of people that you like to hang with please let us know thanks again.

Geary and Danice our e-mail address is gearydanicehart@aol.com:MOJE_whot: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo.../MOJE_whot.gif

hotrodgirl 09-17-2012 03:45 PM

Geary & Danice! :welcome:

I think you will find there are lots of dog lovers in TV, and a few not so much, but like any other place you would choose to live! Most are very friendly with pets and there are 2 dog parks in TV. I am currently just starting to build, so am not there quite yet. But I am bringing my Jack Russell and Shih Tzu. We could perhaps garner a few tips from you!! I am certain you will be most welcome. As an FYI, there is a restriction as to the number of pets you may have (two) but you may bring "your family" with you. You just would not be able to replace them as they depart. Not sure if you were aware of this? Thank you as well for serving our country and there are lots of vets in TV too. I am sure you both will fit right in!
I am from Highland Park, IL! Hope to see you in the future!
Carol

redwitch 09-17-2012 04:59 PM

Another dog face adorer here. Used to show and breed Afghans (there may be a dumber breed out there, but not sure which). Really did love them, though. As you were told, you can bring 'em all with you but no replacing once one is gone until you're down to two. That may be a little hard on you being that you show dogs.

But welcome aboard! It's hard to hate TV and I'm sure you'll fit right in.

njbchbum 09-17-2012 05:38 PM

will you be bringing all five irish setters with you to the villages?

jane032657 09-17-2012 06:59 PM

We have an Irish and an English Setter. Our English Setter is from a top breeder in Washington State and our irish Setter came from an abusive breeder in Washington State and has is small, sweet but anxious, not a show Irish, that is for sure. I love Setters, cannot wait to see yours! I have had Irish Setters since I was a teenager for the most part.

villager 09-17-2012 07:06 PM

We have had three Irish Setters. I love the breed and think of them as "my" breed. I miss them very much. They are in Cookie Heaven now romping around and eating as many cookies (dog treats) as they want.

Bogie Shooter 09-17-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by njbchbum (Post 556956)
will you be bringing all five irish setters with you to the villages?

That will be a housefull!

asianthree 09-17-2012 08:07 PM

welcome , you are going to need a big house for all those puppies:doggie:

Barefoot 09-17-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geary (Post 556844)
Hi, my name is Geary and my wife is Danice, we are in KY now but are selling our ranch this spring and moving to the villages, we have 4 Irish setters which all have been show dogs and one of our puppies from our last litter will be heading for the show this spring with her handler, we would like to meet others that love dogs, and clubs for dogs, my wife was a professional dog trainer for over 25 years and dogs are her life; so we are wanting to meet people that love dogs and of course other as well, I've a USAF vet. serving 6 years on the B52 and KC-135, in Thailand, Philippines, and many other place so always like meeting people from service, retired from the Federal Express and have owned my own business in restoration for many years, we came from Naperville Ill. 5 years ago and retired in KY, after 5 year we decided that the place is two big and need to down sizes not to the place is just to boring for us so we have decided to come to the villages, so we are starting to look around for a place to live and also to get to know others during this time so we know others somewhat we we get there, hope to sell our place fast.

thanks for reading and if this falls in the type of people that you like to hang with please let us know thanks again.

Geary and Danice our e-mail address is gearydanicehart@aol.com:MOJE_whot:
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo.../MOJE_whot.gif

Welcome to TOTV. You'll find lots of dog lovers in TV. There is an excellent huge private dog park here where you'll meet great dog people.

LABSX2 09-17-2012 08:22 PM

Dog Lovers

We are also lovers of those with four legs, furry bodies, wet noses and slobbery kisses. We have 3 pooches, labs and a bichon, so I am glad to hear that I can bring all 3. I did not know about that rule. :a040:

CaptJohn 09-17-2012 08:46 PM

:welcome: to the TOTV forum. A friend of mine in Pensacola had 2 Irish Setters that placed well in Westminster. Searches on here will yield lots of answers to your questions.

lovsthosebigdogs 09-17-2012 08:51 PM

Welcome. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here but my salesperson told me that we could being 3 only but when the 3rd one passed we had to adhere to the 2 dog rule. For some this makes a HUGE difference as to when they can think of moving to TV. Is anyone 100% clear about this? I would just like to avoid heartach for anyone if there is indeed a 3 dog move-in limit (myself included).
Barefoot, you are usually very knowledgable about these things...

Barefoot 09-17-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs (Post 557025)
Welcome. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here but my salesperson told me that we could being 3 only but when the 3rd one passed we had to adhere to the 2 dog rule. For some this makes a HUGE difference as to when they can think of moving to TV. Is anyone 100% clear about this? I would just like to avoid heartach for anyone if there is indeed a 3 dog move-in limit (myself included).
Barefoot, you are usually very knowledgable about these things...

There seems to be some "unwritten rules" about how many dogs you can bring. A lot of potential buyers have been told that older dogs can be "grandfathered", but not replaced. Different Sales Reps will provide differing information. There are even some Villages that have a one-dog covenant. Personally, if I were planning to bring more than two dogs, I'd get something in writing from a Villages representative stating exactly what is allowed.

Ebsmom 09-17-2012 10:11 PM

Congrats Geary and Danice on your decision to move to the Villages! As well I showed dogs for many years and brought our two seniors with us..We have a 9 1/2 yr Ch. Boxer(Ebony) and a pointed 9 1/2 yr old Frenchie, both girls. With both girls retired from the Show Ring showing is on hold for me unless in the future I reconsider taking on that challenge again. For now its Retirement for all of us and thats Good:) Love your Breed and always admired them in the ring..Upcoming Ocala Dog shows the end of this month so a good close place to go get a Dog show Fix. Good Luck on the sale of your home and look forward to meeting you when you settle here in The Villages!
Ebsmom~Bev

graciegirl 09-18-2012 04:48 AM

Anyone who knows me knows I love dogs but FIVE is a lot for most of our homes here and I do think you might get some negative reactions in your neighborhood because of so many.

I hate for people to come here and then be disappointed.