Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Golf Cart Windshield Cleaner (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/golf-cart-windshield-cleaner-63666/)

villages07 11-07-2012 05:59 PM

Golf Cart Windshield Cleaner

The acrylic (or plexiglass?) windshield in my Club Car had swirls and fine scratches on it...probably from using paper towels and windex to clean it. Searched the internet and found a product called Novus 2 fine scratch remover was highly recommended.

The Harley Davidson store in Lake Sumter carries an 8 oz container of Novus 2 for $5.95 which was as good as any online price. I bought it and it took all the swirls and scratches out...the windshield is clear as glass. Also used it on the headlights and tail lights of my car as well as the clear plastic part of the sunbrella enclosure of my golf cart.

This stuff really works.

They also have a #1 that is a cleaner/polisher and #3 that is for heavy scratches. Haven't tried those.

Just an FYI for those golf cart owners having trouble seeing out the windshield.

Bill-n-Brillo 11-07-2012 06:28 PM

Paper towels = a no-no on the golf cart windshield! :D

Once you're happy that nearly all of the scratches are out using the Novus #2, switch to the #1 for regular cleaning.

Here's a bit of info on each of the 3 products:

Novus Plastic Cleaners

Most motorcycle dealers (and other places as well) sell a product called Plexus - comes in a couple of sizes of spray cans. It's also good stuff for cleaning your golf cart windshield:

Plexus

Bill :)

Mikitv 11-07-2012 07:07 PM

Thanks for info Nancy. I have been using a product from Ace Hardware to clean my glass and it polishes, repels dust and inhibits fogging. I will get some of the Novus for any scratches I have.

SALYBOW 11-08-2012 10:12 AM

Windshield cleaning

Quote:

Originally Posted by villages07 (Post 578071)
The acrylic (or plexiglass?) windshield in my Club Car had swirls and fine scratches on it...probably from using paper towels and windex to clean it. Searched the internet and found a product called Novus 2 fine scratch remover was highly recommended.

The Harley Davidson store in Lake Sumter carries an 8 oz container of Novus 2 for $5.95 which was as good as any online price. I bought it and it took all the swirls and scratches out...the windshield is clear as glass. Also used it on the headlights and tail lights of my car as well as the clear plastic part of the sunbrella enclosure of my golf cart.

This stuff really works.

They also have a #1 that is a cleaner/polisher and #3 that is for heavy scratches. Haven't tried those.

Just an FYI for those golf cart owners having trouble seeing out the windshield.

I was just told that the reason for compromising a windshield is using a cleaner with ammonia in it. I havea suggestion. I used creamy peanut butter to clean and remove scratches from DVDs. I bet it would work on the winshield also. Just try an out of the way corner.

Dayzee 11-09-2012 10:18 AM

Awesome product

Thanks for the tip - I picked some up yesterday - Window on my cart is now scratch free and super clear. :coolsmiley:

Paperboy 11-09-2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayzee (Post 578795)
Thanks for the tip - I picked some up yesterday - Window on my cart is now scratch free and super clear. :coolsmiley:

Sales person @ carts & clubs says to use vinegar & water & an old T shirt or a micro fiber rag. Will not scratch.

delima2000 11-13-2012 12:39 PM

Does it work on the headlight covers that are foggy?

Down Sized 11-13-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayzee (Post 578795)

Me TOO.:agree::pepper2:

PS
Mine had glass lens for headlight so it didn't work for them.

delima2000 11-13-2012 04:31 PM

I think my daughters car is plastic and it is so foggy. She has a 2001 mustang. Or does anyone have suggestions on what will clear this up.:bowdown:

Biker Dog 11-14-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by delima2000 (Post 580484)
I think my daughters car is plastic and it is so foggy. She has a 2001 mustang. Or does anyone have suggestions on what will clear this up.:bowdown:

Toothpaste works

Finallyfree 11-14-2012 03:57 PM

You can take it to a dealer and they will buff and redcoats for less than $100.00. Makes visibility so much better and of course especially night driving so much safer. We had this done as a birthday present on our daughter's 2001 Honda CRV. Could not believe e difference. Good luck.

rubicon 11-14-2012 04:28 PM

There's a Harley Davis store in Lake Sumter!

Down Sized 11-14-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

3M makes a kit that really works good. This kit makes the lens look new again. O'Reilly Auto parts in Ocala carries it. Maybe advance might carry it also.:pepper2:

borjo 11-14-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Walmart can clear the headlights in the auto service center. Also there is some product, don't know more.

bbatts 07-08-2013 10:36 PM

I have had many years of good results just from using my regular auto polish on plastic windshields. Wax on, Wax off.

BB