Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Help me identify UFO (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/help-me-identify-ufo-65162/)

Villages PL 12-03-2012 05:21 PM

Help me identify UFO

This morning I went outside at about 6:10 am to get my newspaper. As I turned to come back toward the house (walking east) I looked up and saw what at first looked like a bright star. But almost instantly I realized it was too big and bright to be a star and there were no other stars in the sky.

It was not blinking or flickering and did not appear to be moving. It also did not have a distinct or perfect round shape. It was very much like a bright light coming from a star.

I went into the house to get my binoculars but it really didn't help as far as being able to see what it was. After about 5 minutes or so I realized it was getting smaller because it was moving away to the east (perhaps slighty southeast) So I kept watching until finally it was just a small dot in the sky. By that time it was 6:30 am.

What was it? Did anyone else see it?

Bogie Shooter 12-03-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villages PL (Post 589013)
This morning I went outside at about 6:10 am to get my newspaper. As I turned to come back toward the house (walking east) I looked up and saw what at first looked like a bright star. But almost instantly I realized it was too big and bright to be a star and there were no other stars in the sky.

It was not blinking or flickering and did not appear to be moving. It also did not have a distinct or perfect round shape. It was very much like a bright light coming from a star.

I went into the house to get my binoculars but it really didn't help as far as being able to see what it was. After about 5 minutes or so I realized it was getting smaller because it was moving away to the east (perhaps slighty southeast) So I kept watching until finally it was just a small dot in the sky. By that time it was 6:30 am.

Too much scotch can cause this.......................

janmcn 12-03-2012 06:17 PM

Could it have been the international space station?

Patty55 12-03-2012 06:20 PM

I hope it was the Cocoon people dropping off a new pod.

Trish Crocker 12-03-2012 06:27 PM

Can't identify it...cause then it wouldn't be a UFO :)

skyguy79 12-03-2012 06:32 PM

Had you video taped it, you could have added it to the others already on YouTube.
http://im-smiley.smile18.com/imgs/alien/alien007.gifUFO The Villages FL - YouTube

Kimandhim19981@gmail.com 12-03-2012 09:23 PM

It's Christmas, it is the North Star!

DougB 12-03-2012 09:33 PM

Santa making a practice run??

Jim&Fran 12-03-2012 10:21 PM

Maybe you had the binoculars backwards when you looked. Things get smaller real fast that way.......

anarick 12-03-2012 10:32 PM

Could've been a United Flying Over TV.

CarolSells 12-03-2012 11:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Villages PL said "this morning I went outside at about 6:10 am to get my newspaper. As I turned to come back toward the house (walking east) I looked up and saw what at first looked like a bright star. But almost instantly I realized it was too big and bright to be a star and there were no other stars in the sky.

It was not blinking or flickering and did not appear to be moving. It also did not have a distinct or perfect round shape. It was very much like a bright light coming from a star."

I believe that what you saw was Jupiter. I have been seeing it myself and am in total awe! I mentioned it to my son and DIL and commented that it is so bright and since it is only this visible to us in Nov and Dec that it looked like 'The Star In The East'. Now the moving part I don't have an explanation for.

Cantwaittoarrive 12-04-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolSells (Post 589192)
Villages PL said "this morning I went outside at about 6:10 am to get my newspaper. As I turned to come back toward the house (walking east) I looked up and saw what at first looked like a bright star. But almost instantly I realized it was too big and bright to be a star and there were no other stars in the sky.

It was not blinking or flickering and did not appear to be moving. It also did not have a distinct or perfect round shape. It was very much like a bright light coming from a star."

I believe that what you saw was Jupiter. I have been seeing it myself and am in total awe! I mentioned it to my son and DIL and commented that it is so bright and since it is only this visible to us in Nov and Dec that it looked like 'The Star In The East'. Now the moving part I don't have an explanation for.

Jupiter was exactly what I was thinking:agree:

graciegirl 12-04-2012 07:04 AM

Three wise men followed that star...

There will be a star in the EAST.

Heard that lovely line before.

And while I think of it. Merry Christmas, Villages Pl.

We are in a flight pattern for landing at Orlando International.

On a clear night you can see them flying over us verrrrrry slowly it seems.

ttown 12-04-2012 08:25 AM

Ufo?

Probably the planet Venus. Very bright this time of year in the morning.

Bogie Shooter 12-04-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villages PL (Post 589013)

Do a Google search on "bright morning star east" you will get full explanation/theory as to what you saw.