Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Movies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/)
-   -   The Hobbit in 48 fps 3D. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-movies-127/hobbit-48-fps-3d-65507/)

Taltarzac725 12-09-2012 09:05 AM

The Hobbit in 48 fps 3D.

48 fps Theater List - 48 FPS Movies

Anyone know if any of the Villages' theaters have 48 fps second 3D capability?

The list above may not cover areas like the Villages which does not have large movie chain theaters.

Dustinlee86 12-12-2012 04:44 PM

Theaters with 48fps

Hi did you find any theaters in The Villages with 48fps capability?

Thanks

Taltarzac725 12-12-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustinlee86 (Post 593529)

Thanks

Not so far. Closest is in Altamonte Springs.

skyguy79 12-12-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustinlee86 (Post 593529)

Thanks

The only theater in The Villages that has 48FPS 3D capabilities is the Old Mill Play House in Lake Sumter Landing. They are planning on having The Hobbit in the future. Starts playing tomorrow, 12/13/12!

http://www.fandango.com/oldmillplayh...ate=12/13/2012

Taltarzac725 12-13-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy79 (Post 593554)
The only theater in The Villages that has 48FPS 3D capabilities is the Old Mill Play House in Lake Sumter Landing. They are planning on having The Hobbit in the future. Starts playing tomorrow, 12/13/12!

Old Mill Playhouse Showtimes and Tickets

Thanks skyguy79. Just wondering where you found this??

Taltarzac725 12-16-2012 08:04 AM

Anyone seen the Hobbit in 3D and with 48fps?

Was wondering what kind of experience you had with seeing The Hobbit in 3D and with 48fps?

I sometimes get vertigo or something like this when watching 3D movies like The Life of Pi.

skyguy79 12-16-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 593820)
Thanks skyguy79. Just wondering where you found this??

Sorry for the delay in answering your question. I just saw your question for the first time. The answer is quite simple. At first I simply made a phone call to the Barnstorm Theater and asked if they had 48fps. I was told no, the only theater that does have it in TV is Old Mill.

After getting the answer, I found the answer right here on TOTV and wound up :oops:myself on the head! On the upper left side of many pages there is a box labeled "Site Navigation" and in the selections there's "The Villages Movie Times" Clicking that brought me to the Fandango website where you can find not only all the theater schedules, but with a little searching around I found the information that also answered the 48fps question. Voila!!!

Taltarzac725 12-20-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy79 (Post 595347)
Sorry for the delay in answering your question. I just saw your question for the first time. The answer is quite simple. At first I simply made a phone call to the Barnstorm Theater and asked if they had 48fps. I was told no, the only theater that does have it in TV is Old Mill.

After getting the answer, I found the answer right here on TOTV and wound up :oops:myself on the head! On the upper left side of many pages there is a box labeled "Site Navigation" and in the selections there's "The Villages Movie Times" Clicking that brought me to the Fandango website where you can find not only all the theater schedules, but with a little searching around I found the information that also answered the 48fps question. Voila!!!

Thanks, Skyguy. Saw the movie The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Rotten Tomatoes this afternoon at the Old Mill Playhouse in what I expect was 48 fps and 3D.

Did not get vertigo as I thought I might. On a funny note, I do not remember the book The Hobbit being all that much of a thrill unlike the flick. The movie does have long periods of character and plot development but also has a lot of good action scenes.

I did though think someone was snoring in the theater until I discovered that was actually in the movie and when people got up to go to the restroom during this 3 hour creature extravaganza, I expected one of the many monsters coming out of the film to take a chunk out of them.

skyguy79 12-20-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 597428)
Thanks, Skyguy. Saw the movie The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Rotten Tomatoes this afternoon at the Old Mill Playhouse in what I expect was 48 fps and 3D.

Did not get vertigo as I thought I might. On a funny note, I do not remember the book The Hobbit being all that much of a thrill unlike the flick. The movie does have long periods of character and plot development but also has a lot of good action scenes.

I did though think someone was snoring in the theater until I discovered that was actually in the movie and when people got up to go to the restroom during this 3 hour creature extravaganza, I expected one of the many monsters coming out of the film to take a chunk out of them.

Did you ever see "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!" at Disney. We saw it at Disneyland in Anaheim back about 3 or 4 years ago. I sat on a mobiliy scooter at the rear of the theater so I didn't get the vibrations they built into the seats, but I found it amazing how the charactors would just jump out of the screen making you flinch, and they look like they were hoovering over the audience, right in your face. At the Hobbit, were 3d glasses needed like they were at Disney and was the experience anything like I experienced at Disney?

p.s. I don't think I could sit comfortably through the 3 hours! :(

CatskillBill 12-20-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 595298)
Was wondering what kind of experience you had with seeing The Hobbit in 3D and with 48fps?

I sometimes get vertigo or something like this when watching 3D movies like The Life of Pi.

Saw it in 3D/48fps last night. It was easy on the eyes with no vertigo. It takes computer graphics to a new level. Pretty amazing what can be done these days.

I'm not a Lord of The Rings type, but this was fun. I need to go to New Zealand some day after seeing this movie, and the amazing scenery.

The Hobbit to me was a combination of Raiders of The Lost Ark/Avatar.
Lots of action and cliffhangers with wonderful C.G.. It was a long flick, but I was in a theater that had only 90 motorized over-stuffed LayZBoy type recliners, so I was very, very comfortable.

bubblehead1026 12-20-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 591709)
48 fps Theater List - 48 FPS Movies

Anyone know if any of the Villages' theaters have 48 fps second 3D capability?

The list above may not cover areas like the Villages which does not have large movie chain theaters.

I can categorically assure you that the Old Mill and Brownwood theaters are state of the art, latest Dloby. and can show 3-D. The frame rate is independent to of the projector, since all are digital anyway , besides which the Villages theaters are all state of the art digital anyway. we saw it two nights ago at Brownwood. there were a whole 12 people there!

skyguy79 12-20-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubblehead1026 (Post 597514)
I can categorically assure you that the Old Mill and Brownwood theaters are state of the art, latest Dloby. and can show 3-D. The frame rate is independent to of the projector, since all are digital anyway , besides which the Villages theaters are all state of the art digital anyway. we saw it two nights ago at Brownwood. there were a whole 12 people there!

Brownwood has 3D as you state, but it's not equipment that runs at 48 frames per second. I got this information straight from the horses mouth at Brownwood when I called the manager there. I'd be curious on how much better it would have been if you saw it at The Old Mill Playhouse in LSL?

Taltarzac725 12-21-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy79 (Post 597440)
Did you ever see "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!" at Disney. We saw it at Disneyland in Anaheim back about 3 or 4 years ago. I sat on a mobiliy scooter at the rear of the theater so I didn't get the vibrations they built into the seats, but I found it amazing how the charactors would just jump out of the screen making you flinch, and they look like they were hoovering over the audience, right in your face. At the Hobbit, were 3d glasses needed like they were at Disney and was the experience anything like I experienced at Disney?

p.s. I don't think I could sit comfortably through the 3 hours! :(

Never been to a "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" but did see Star Trek at an Imax in Tampa near Veterans Blvd and before that one of the Matrix movies at a huge IMAX screen in downtown Tampa.

The 3D glasses were not needed at the Tampa IMAXs but you did need them at the Old Mill Playhouse's The Hobbit as without them the screen is quite out of focus.

I did notice some odd flubs in The Hobbit where you can see the special effects not quite working at 48fps.

(Two minutes until end of the world. "Beam me up Scotty!")

skyguy79 12-21-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 (Post 597561)
Never been to a "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience" but did see Star Trek at an Imax in Tampa near Veterans Blvd and before that one of the Matrix movies at a huge IMAX screen in downtown Tampa.

The 3D glasses were not needed at the Tampa IMAXs but you did need them at the Old Mill Playhouse's The Hobbit as without them the screen is quite out of focus.

I did notice some odd flubs in The Hobbit where you can see the special effects not quite working at 48fps.

(Two minutes until end of the world. "Beam me up Scotty!") http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/us...-signs-150.gif

http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/st...ticon-0004.gifScotty responds: "Aye gave er all aye can Capn', but the teletransporter just wouldn't come through fer ya. Aye guess you'll just hav'ta waite until the next apocalypse Cap'n, with that bee'n 12/13/14!"
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...RKNvmgXOLYD1J- (CLICK THE FLAG AND SEE SCOTTY)

Taltarzac725 12-21-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyguy79 (Post 597627)
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/st...ticon-0004.gifScotty responds: "Aye gave er all aye can Capn', but the teletransporter just wouldn't come through fer ya. Aye guess you'll just hav'ta waite until the next apocalypse Cap'n, with that bee'n 12/13/14!"
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...RKNvmgXOLYD1J- (CLICK THE FLAG AND SEE SCOTTY)

12/13/14. I suppose a lot of people will start believing in that one, Skyguy. That's a Friday the 13th too. http://www.wincalendar.com/2014-Cale...th-US-Holidays

Lake Sumter Landing about 5:50 p.m. December 20, 2012.

I had a weird experience while trying to get out of a choice parking spot near the Villages Public Restrooms across from RJ Gators after seeing The Hobbit at Old Mill Playhouse. There was a guy walking around in back of my car who started to direct traffic so that he and his wife would have first chance at the parking spot. She was in the car waiting to drive the car into the very good parking spot.

Does make it harder to back out when you have a control freak insisting on guiding your vehicle out of the parking spot he wants while also pushing any spot stealers from snagging it while coming from the other direction. Maybe, this man is a retired NYC traffic cop.

And then some of the people who park their cars in that small parking lot use the curb to create a new parking spot that impedes traffic flow.