Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Gilchrist newbies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/gilchrist-newbies-66977/)

bogo2128 01-02-2013 10:53 PM

Gilchrist newbies

Hi! We are new to TOTV and to Gillyland. My wife, Susie, met Andy and Wendy (and their precious pup who had just flown in from overseas) in early December at Brandenton and again at Brownwood. They were very sweet and offered great advice!

Our design meeting is Jan. 22nd for our lot at 210.117. We have read the blogs regarding design meetings and found them to be very beneficial. We feel so much more confident about the process, and we thank you one and all!

We will be arriving Sunday Jan. 20th and will stay through Saturday. Besides the design meeting, we plan to tour Gillyland, meet with the mayor, his administrative staff, and as many of our new neighbors as possible.

Looking forward to our trip and meeting all of our future neighbors!

Lpierleo 01-02-2013 11:24 PM

:pepper2::pepper2::pepper2:Welcome to The Villages. We spent New Years Eve with the folks from Gillyland. They are a great group of people. Best wishes on your upcoming design meeting as well. You will find a great deal,of very good information on this site too. Congratulations on becoming a Gilly!

hotrodgirl 01-03-2013 10:06 AM

:welcome: to Gillyland Bogo and Susie! as a fellow Gilly I can confirm that it is indeed a wonderful neighborhood rife with the very best people TV has to offer! We are a very friendly group (as is ALL of TV) and I am quite certain you will undoubtably know you have made a great decision in your choice! Welcome and we look forward to meeting you both very soon:beer3:

Yankee Quilter 01-03-2013 10:44 AM

Welcome, where will you be? We will be on Hackberry sometime after 3/1! We sure agree, everyone we have met are gracious, fun and, well, we cannot wait! Good luck with the design appointment!

2BNTV 01-03-2013 11:20 AM

:welcome: to TOTV. Best wishes as you start living the dream. :smiley:

DAnder2829 01-03-2013 11:43 AM

Welcome! We are waiting to close on our NJ home mid-January and have a design appointment on Feb. 2. Our corner lot is on Hackberry Place---209.104.

Yankee Quilter 01-03-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAnder2829 (Post 603261)
Welcome! We are waiting to close on our NJ home mid-January and have a design appointment on Feb. 2. Our corner lot is on Hackberry Place---209.109.

Congratulation! Looking at the map, I figure you must be at the east end of Hackberry. We are the 2nd one down from the west, on the left. We are lot 96 or 1416! Had or design appointment in Dec. and close 3/1. We will be full time sometime in March or April. We are originally from CT!

Looking forward to meeting you!

DAnder2829 01-03-2013 12:01 PM

Wow! Great to see some tri-staters. Our address will be 1377 Hackberry Place.

bogo2128 01-04-2013 12:07 AM

Gilchrist location

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee Quilter (Post 603221)
Welcome, where will you be? We will be on Hackberry sometime after 3/1! We sure agree, everyone we have met are gracious, fun and, well, we cannot wait! Good luck with the design appointment!

We are on the line of 209 and 210 on amherst way. 209.33 is next to our lot, 210.117, between Kilgore Way and Brinkley Lane. Guess our closing will be toward the end of April? Hope to see you then.

We will put our Atlanta house up for sale after the design meeting, wish us luck!

CalcTeacher 01-04-2013 05:46 AM

Bogo2128: My husband and I are 209.32 so we are very close to you! We will be there permantly this summer. Welcome to Gilchrist! This entire forum...especially this thread...is a great resource before, during, and after your design meeting.

Yankee Quilter 01-04-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogo2128 (Post 603628)
We are on the line of 209 and 210 on amherst way. 209.33 is next to our lot, 210.117, between Kilgore Way and Brinkley Lane. Guess our closing will be toward the end of April? Hope to see you then.

We will put our Atlanta house up for sale after the design meeting, wish us luck!

Where in Atlanta? We are in Kennesaw! Have our house up for sale, over 55 area where the builder is still building! So we may rent it for a opulent of years!

bogo2128 01-04-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee Quilter (Post 603707)
Where in Atlanta? We are in Kennesaw! Have our house up for sale, over 55 area where the builder is still building! So we may rent it for a opulent of years!

We are in North Fulton county, Alpharetta/Johns Creek, in a single family neighborhood. Looked at some over 55 communities north of us, but nothing knocked our socks off until we visited TV! There are currently no other homes up for sale in our neighborhood, so we are keeping our fingers crossed!

twiceis 01-05-2013 08:21 AM

We just reserved a lot on Bureau Path in Gilchrist. We are from NC so we just put our house up for sale. We also have a home here that we're renting out through April so we need to sell that one too! Not sure when our design meeting is yet...what blog are you referring to that would help with design questions.

bogo2128 01-05-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twiceis (Post 604158)
We just reserved a lot on Bureau Path in Gilchrist. We are from NC so we just put our house up for sale. We also have a home here that we're renting out through April so we need to sell that one too! Not sure when our design meeting is yet...what blog are you referring to that would help with design questions.

Howdy neighbor!

Went to the search section on the tool bar, typed in design meeting and several threads popped up. Very informative, TOTV is a great resource! Let me know if you have any problems. Good luck.

kittygilchrist 01-05-2013 01:10 PM

I just did design. forget the terror installed over years of hearing how horrible it is to build. It just aint so at TV. You will be treated with the patience of Job and wonderful consultants with years of experience. In segments of about half a day each I rode with the designer in a golf cart to models to consider stretches and possibilities for the elevation, then to consider kitchen and bathroom options, then cabinetry and fixture choices, and colors for paint, tile, etc. At the end, you receive samples and printed pix of what you have chosen, go over the specs tooth and nail. Then there's a hallelujah smiley meeting with the sales agent and designer, who may actually be genuinely interested in your satisfaction. And after you sign and pay, they invite you to contact them for any questions and they stay in touch. I kept expecting to be abandoned after someone's role ended, but TV is above above average. Expect excellence and you will not be surprised.

Quote:

junction29 01-05-2013 05:15 PM

Wow

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogo2128 (Post 603628)

Wow, we are on Plot 29 of Amherst Way - what a small world :crap2:

Millie, our english pup is looking forward to meeting you as well as Susie again when you get here after the 20th, send us a PM and we will meet up for a drink etc :crap2:

Good luck with the design and remember to do all the stuff that you want, that cannot be changed afterwards, like the stretches! - too late once it is built. :pray:

junction29 01-05-2013 05:21 PM

New to Gilchrist

Quote:

Howdy, new neighbour to be ;:wave:

If you have a read through the "New to Golchrist" thread (it's quite a long one), there is all sorts of useful design guidance in it and you will see lots of people who have either just arrived in the area, or due too in the near future, like you guys and bogo2128 and lady. :crap2:

If you have any specific questions, just ask, this forum is excellent with advice.

Look forward to meeting you when you arrive :crap2:

bovelsky 01-06-2013 06:55 PM

I am moving down from texas on 20 Jan as well and will also be on hackberry.

Mark

WVMtnBoy 01-06-2013 07:05 PM

Welcome to all of the new GillyLanders! I know I'm prejudiced but I think that we have the absolute best neighborhood in TV. Please get on the spreadsheet that's managed by A-4 Skyhawk so everyone will know where you are and how to contact you. Also, please stop by the mayor's residence for a hello shout!

hotrodgirl 01-06-2013 07:11 PM

:welcome:Newbies! I also am new, having closed on my home on Amherst Way on Dec 5th! It is a wonderful neighborhood and we have had several get-togethers and meet and greets already! So jump on in, and we'll leave the porch light on for you! Can't wait for you all to come on home and introduce yourselves! Rusty (aka the Mayor) is correct in his assumption of a great neighborhood! We rock! Welcome aboard:wave:

Yankee Quilter 01-06-2013 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bovelsky (Post 604868)
I am moving down from texas on 20 Jan as well and will also be on hackberry.

Mark

Where on Hackberry? We are lot 96 or 1416 Hackberry. We close 3/1 willmove full time by mid March but are down the end of the month for a "look see" at the progress. Would love to meet up

bogo2128 01-07-2013 02:14 PM

Design meeting

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 604298)
I just did design. forget the terror installed over years of hearing how horrible it is to build. It just aint so at TV. You will be treated with the patience of Job and wonderful consultants with years of experience. In segments of about half a day each I rode with the designer in a golf cart to models to consider stretches and possibilities for the elevation, then to consider kitchen and bathroom options, then cabinetry and fixture choices, and colors for paint, tile, etc. At the end, you receive samples and printed pix of what you have chosen, go over the specs tooth and nail. Then there's a hallelujah smiley meeting with the sales agent and designer, who may actually be genuinely interested in your satisfaction. And after you sign and pay, they invite you to contact them for any questions and they stay in touch. I kept expecting to be abandoned after someone's role ended, but TV is above above average. Expect excellence and you will not be surprised.

Thanks for the input. The day before our design meeting, we plan to ride around with our agent to visit open houses and the models. This will give us some ideas as to what we want. Then we will let the designer help us fill in the blanks!

bogo2128 01-08-2013 07:14 PM

Design meeting

Quote:

Originally Posted by kittygilchrist (Post 604298)

Thanks for the info, sounds like they will guide us all the way through! We scheduled our agent to take us to open houses and to the models before our meeting. We will keep you posted.

bogo2128 01-09-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee Quilter (Post 604879)
Where on Hackberry? We are lot 96 or 1416 Hackberry. We close 3/1 willmove full time by mid March but are down the end of the month for a "look see" at the progress. Would love to meet up

We leave TV on the 26th, when are you coming down?

maparker50 01-09-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bogo2128 (Post 603935)
We are in North Fulton county, Alpharetta/Johns Creek, in a single family neighborhood. Looked at some over 55 communities north of us, but nothing knocked our socks off until we visited TV! There are currently no other homes up for sale in our neighborhood, so we are keeping our fingers crossed!

Lived in Laurel Springs when we lived in the Atlanta area. Due to traffic, we are glad we moved out of the area.

bogo2128 01-09-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maparker50 (Post 606406)
Lived in Laurel Springs when we lived in the Atlanta area. Due to traffic, we are glad we moved out of the area.

Suwanee? Where are you in Fernandina?

Buckeyephan 01-12-2013 09:48 AM

Hi,

My husband and I just bought a lot on Eastfield Path and can't wait for our design meeting on February 20. We worked hard to get our Ohio home ready to put on the market when we return there on April 1. Amazing how much junk our basement held but it forced us to get rid of things we should have parted with years ago. We're renting a home in Ashland until the end of March. Gilchrist looks like it will be a beautiful Village.

Barbara

junction29 01-12-2013 07:54 PM

Welcome

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckeyephan (Post 607696)
Hi,

My husband and I just bought a lot on Eastfield Path and can't wait for our design meeting on February 20. We worked hard to get our Ohio home ready to put on the market when we return there on April 1. Amazing how much junk our basement held but it forced us to get rid of things we should have parted with years ago. We're renting a home in Ashland until the end of March. Gilchrist looks like it will be a beautiful Village.

Barbara

Hi both and welcome to the neighbourhood.

Every single person we have met here in Gillyland has been really nice and friendly, you will love it.

If you are not on the neighbourhood spreadsheet, PM A4-Skyhawk with your details and let us know when you get here so that we can make you welcome. :2excited:

bogo2128 01-12-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Hi,

Barbara

Welcome to Gillyland, we are on Amherst Way and our design is in 2 weeks, the 22nd. Looking to put our house up March 1. Hope to see you during our visit.

Twinspin60 01-13-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Hi,

Barbara

Welcome to Gilchrist--my husband and I just closed on our home at 3046 Eastfield Path on Tuesday-how close are you to us? We're also from Ohio but Northerns--from the Cleveland area were the snow flies often and a lot :sad: As it will be this week--after leaving 80 degrees and sunshine. We still aren't permanent and don't know when we'll make that move. Good luck with your design and please get on our spreadsheet. Mary

GilchristCruisers 01-13-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Hi,

Barbara

Congratulations! and welcome to Gilchrist. Come on over to our other Gilchrist thread to catch up with lots of useful information. And while your here through March, be sure and stop in the neighborhood for introductions. We love new neighbors.

Meredith

Mamaderby 01-13-2013 05:22 PM

Welcome, sounds like you are a bit behind us but ahead of us on the "how do you get rid of the junk".......we are currently in Medina. We close on 2/22 in Gilchrist on Amherst Way!

Buckeyephan 01-14-2013 06:32 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome. We love the life down here and have never been busier. We can't wait until we can be permanent residents of TV.

bogo2128 01-17-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamaderby (Post 608447)
Welcome, sounds like you are a bit behind us but ahead of us on the "how do you get rid of the junk".......we are currently in Medina. We close on 2/22 in Gilchrist on Amherst Way!

Where are you on Amherst Way? We are 210.117.

Heavenstobetsy 01-18-2013 07:26 AM

New to 209 Amherst Way

My husband Jim and I are excited to be able to say that we are going to join the Gilly gang. We already reached out to A-4 to get on the spreadsheet and found out that the Flinstones will be our next door neighbor!

We are moving from Charlotte, NC but are originally both from Ohio. Sounds like we will have alot of new friends to debate ACC, SEC, Big Ten sports with and enjoy the good life.

We come down for our design session in mid February. Hopefully we can meet people as we walk around looking at all the construction going on.

Betsy and Jim

twiceis 01-18-2013 08:56 AM

Moving to Gilchrist

We bought a lot on Bureau Path in Gilchrist and will have our design meeting in late feb or march. We live in eastern NC (Greenville) home of the ECU Pirates. We can talk NC football/basketball with you. We already own and rent out a home in Piedmont in the north section but decided to build in the south where everything is new...including the people. What brought you to the Villages & what model are you building?

Regards,
Karin & Ken

twiceis 01-18-2013 09:03 AM

Where do I find the spreadsheet? 211.46 will be our new address......Gilchrist village

Karin from NC

bogo2128 01-18-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twiceis (Post 611088)
Where do I find the spreadsheet? 211.46 will be our new address......Gilchrist village

Karin from NC

Welcome 211! Karin, to get on the spreadsheet, email: rj900@comcast.net

A4 Skyhawk is the spreadsheet keeper!!

Our design is Tuesday!! Good luck to you, you'll find all the help and info regarding the design meeting on TOTV. Great site and wonderful people!

WVMtnBoy 01-24-2013 09:44 PM

I had the pleasure of meeting Bobby & Susie (Bogo2128) this afternoon for a short period of time. They were on a break from design and decided to locate GillyLand City Hall!! :1rotfl::1rotfl:

Extremely nice people and they will fit in marvelously with the rest of the Gilly's. Fortunately, they will be not otherwise occupied and will be at the GillyBration at Evan Prairie CC tomorrow night.

This place just keeps getting better and better! :MOJE_whot::MOJE_whot:

Hopefully YankeeQuilter and ChiefRose will also be there!

:BigApplause:

Oh yea, Bogo is building a Zinnia too. :shocked:

Pamela Curry 01-25-2013 11:28 AM

Hi Gilchristians! Jeff and I built at 3135 Eastfield Path, in the first cul-de-sac to the right, and we are off site owners right now. Loved reading all of the welcoming messages from Gillyland folks and look forward to meeting you all when we come down at the end of March!
In the meantime, can you tell me if there is anyone (maybe the Mayor) that sends out a Gillyland activity e-mail - - - we'd like to be in the know even though we aren't there. We'd also like to pass it along to our renters so they can be part of the community too. Thanks very much!!