Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   World of Beer coming to Brownwood (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/world-beer-coming-brownwood-68582/)

Bogie Shooter 01-24-2013 10:04 AM

World of Beer coming to Brownwood

Today's (1/24) Daily Sun article that World of Beer a craft beer retailer is coming to Brownwood. Picture of their building under construction.

graciegirl 01-24-2013 10:09 AM

I read that in this morning's paper and wished my dad could have lived to see these things. He was a Brewmaster, Braumeister, in Columbus, Ohio...and he had the "tongue" and I swear he could taste on which side of the hill the hops were grown.

He would have LOVED it.

I love someone's bottom of the page quote that says..

Beer is the reason we know God loves us...

or something like that. It always makes me smile.

Cisco Kid 01-24-2013 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 614365)
Today's (1/24) Daily Sun article that World of Beer a craft beer retailer is coming to Brownwood. Picture of their building under construction.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

billethkid 01-24-2013 10:53 AM

let's hope they get enough business to survive.

Remember when there was a micro brewery in Spanish Springs? They had great beer(s) that were brewed on site. Then for a whole lot of reasons that never became public they were closed....the equipment left to "sour" and become non-useable.

Many of us beer drinkers were in shock because they did a good beer business. They even used to have a beer truck at special events on the squares...that too got eliminated.

So let's hope this one works out. It will be 100% a function of how deicated the owners are to focus on what the customers want....and not conflict with any entities owned by TV or TV family memebrs or TV past insiders....not a coincidence how some of these things work (or not).

btk

bdabob 01-24-2013 12:21 PM

Beer is proof that God loves me and wants me to be happy!

graciegirl 01-24-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdabob (Post 614455)
Beer is proof that God loves me and wants me to be happy!

That's the one!

LndLocked 01-24-2013 12:49 PM

This is perhaps the best news about TV I have ever heard! Oh happy micro brew day!!

May BTK's cryptic warnings not come to pass

2BNTV 01-24-2013 01:10 PM

I hope they make some beers that will be loved by all TV'ers. :smiley:

Ecuadog 01-24-2013 01:13 PM

"Behold the rain which descends from heaven upon our vineyards, there it enters the roots of the vines, to be changed into wine, a constant proof that God loves us, and loves to see us happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

LndLocked 01-24-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 614482)
I hope they make some beers that will be loved by all TV'ers. :smiley:

World of Beer is not a micro brewer .... they carry an amazingly large selection of brewed beer from all over the ....... wait for it ..... World ;-) They will have a large selection from outstanding brown ale's & IPA's to Bud lite.

I will also be VERY interested in seeing if they have entertainment / bands. I have been to 4 - 5 World of Beer locations and the bands were, shall we say, ones that played music not typically associated with what is normal in TV.

2BNTV 01-24-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LndLocked (Post 614489)
World of Beer is not a micro brewer .... they carry an amazingly large selection of brewed beer from all over the ....... wait for it ..... World :boom:

I will also be VERY interested in seeing if they have entertainment / bands. I have been to 4 - 5 World of Beer locations and the bands were, shall we say, ones that played music not typically associated with what is normal in TV.

I stand corrected. Lets hope they stock beers that are in demand. :smiley:

cquick 01-24-2013 01:27 PM

Quote:

:MOJE_whot::MOJE_whot: Oh, yeah! that's the only news my husband shared this morning from the newspaper! We had one in Hunter's Creek and he really liked it.

LndLocked 01-24-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2BNTV (Post 614491)
I stand corrected. Lets hope they stock beers that are in demand. :smiley:

you quoted me before I edited my posting to include:

"They will have a large selection from outstanding brown ale's & IPA's to Bud lite."

Cantwaittoarrive 01-24-2013 01:41 PM

Quote:

:bigbow::bigbow::BigApplause:Beer is good!

stuckinparadise 01-24-2013 01:44 PM

This is wonderful news, my husband will be thrilled! (me too!)