Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Parking Restrictions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/parking-restrictions-70901/)

andercat 02-22-2013 02:08 PM

Parking Restrictions

Do The Villages restrict parking in residential areas? I have lived in a city in the past that did not allow parking on the street in front of your home overnight. Can you park in your driveway or must you park in your garage at night?

mulligan 02-22-2013 03:21 PM

You may park in your driveway.

paulandjean 02-22-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andercat (Post 630890)
Do The Villages restrict parking in residential areas? I have lived in a city in the past that did not allow parking on the street in front of your home overnight. Can you park in your driveway or must you park in your garage at night?

You can park in the street,in the driveway,or in your garage....

Indydealmaker 02-22-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulandjean (Post 630993)
You can park in the street,in the driveway,or in your garage....

Or you can comply with the spirit of the Deed Restrictions and park only in your driveway or garage.

Skybo 02-22-2013 06:34 PM

No on street parking allowed in CYV neighborhoods.

Bill-n-Brillo 02-22-2013 08:19 PM

From a May 2012 article by Diane Tucker, the VCDD's Administrative Operations Manager:

"I also am asked if vehicles are allowed to be parked on the streets. The streets are for public access. If a vehicle is parked on a street and impedes the flow of traffic, is a safety concern or has blocked your driveway or vehicles cannot get around it, call your local law enforcement and they will ask that the vehicle be moved if there is a safety concern.

Again, please be respectful of residents and visitors who travel our neighborhood streets. Park your vehicle in your garage or driveway and
concern of safety will not be an issue. If you have a recreational vehicle (RV), you may park the vehicle in your driveway for a period of 72 hours
for the purpose of preparing the vehicle for travel or upon return.
"

Here's a link to the full article:

http://www.districtgov.org/PDFView/P...20120517000801

Bill :)

paulandjean 02-23-2013 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo (Post 631077)
From a May 2012 article by Diane Tucker, the VCDD's Administrative Operations Manager:

"I also am asked if vehicles are allowed to be parked on the streets. The streets are for public access. If a vehicle is parked on a street and impedes the flow of traffic, is a safety concern or has blocked your driveway or vehicles cannot get around it, call your local law enforcement and they will ask that the vehicle be moved if there is a safety concern.

Again, please be respectful of residents and visitors who travel our neighborhood streets. Park your vehicle in your garage or driveway and
concern of safety will not be an issue. If you have a recreational vehicle (RV), you may park the vehicle in your driveway for a period of 72 hours
for the purpose of preparing the vehicle for travel or upon return.
"

Here's a link to the full article:

http://www.districtgov.org/PDFView/P...20120517000801

Bill :)

You can park on the streets.As stated "the streets are public access,meaning "You"can park.You cannot block a driveway,If it impedes the flow of traffic,which they do not.Or, if other vechicles cannot get around,which they can. So Yes you can park on the street. Have been parking everyday going on 5 years. No tickets ,No problems. Thank You very much.

Golfingnut 02-23-2013 07:15 AM

parking in the street with your driveway or garage empty is just plain rude to your neighbors.

paulandjean 02-23-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingnut (Post 631186)
parking in the street with your driveway or garage empty is just plain rude to your neighbors.

Must be different where you live.We have great neighbors.We do not sweat the small stuff.Never could understand someone saying that is rude. Park it where you drive it,is my saying.Glad I am living here,rather than there.

graciegirl 02-23-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulandjean (Post 631185)
You can park on the streets.As stated "the streets are public access,meaning "You"can park.You cannot block a driveway,If it impedes the flow of traffic,which they do not.Or, if other vechicles cannot get around,which they can. So Yes you can park on the street. Have been parking everyday going on 5 years. No tickets ,No problems. Thank You very much.

Sometimes I wish you would step out of your anonymity. Talking to someone, sometimes makes it easier to understand them.

Golfingnut 02-23-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulandjean (Post 631211)
Must be different where you live.We have great neighbors.We do not sweat the small stuff.Never could understand someone saying that is rude. Park it where you drive it,is my saying.Glad I am living here,rather than there.

I agree with that, its just that where I lived up north most people did not park in the street nor on their yards. If that is what you came from I am sure it seems normal now.

gomoho 02-23-2013 09:06 AM

Yep, have to agree - would prefer my neighbors not park in the street when they have an empty garage or driveway. Just looks nicer and makes travel on the street a little easier. I won't lose sleep over this, just my opinion.

Golfingnut 02-23-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomoho (Post 631251)
Yep, have to agree - would prefer my neighbors not park in the street when they have an empty garage or driveway. Just looks nicer and makes travel on the street a little easier. I won't lose sleep over this, just my opinion.

I believe the vast majority feel the way you do, but no one would want to confront a neighbor not following that simple courtesy. You will always have a few that wish to set the rules for everyone else.