Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Cleaning a lanai floor (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/cleaning-lanai-floor-74203/)

Trish Crocker 04-04-2013 10:38 AM

Cleaning a lanai floor

The floor in my lanai looks less than clean, I really noticed it when I moved a rug that has been down since we moved in. I'm pretty sure I could clean it with some general cleaning product and a broom but I have a pool. I don't want to get the soap in the pool but it seems like it would be hard to avoid. I know there are drainage areas but I don't trust myself to clean it without getting at least some soap in the water. Any suggestions? We have vacant lots on each side of our house so there is sand being blown around.

cquick 04-04-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trish Crocker (Post 653685)
The floor in my lanai looks less than clean, I really noticed it when I moved a rug that has been down since we moved in. I'm pretty sure I could clean it with some general cleaning product and a broom but I have a pool. I don't want to get the soap in the pool but it seems like it would be hard to avoid. I know there are drainage areas but I don't trust myself to clean it without getting at least some soap in the water. Any suggestions? We have vacant lots on each side of our house so there is sand being blown around.

We just power wash ours. no cleaning products. If you need a cleaning product, I would dilute it very much

Uptown Girl 04-04-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cquick (Post 653687)
We just power wash ours. no cleaning products. If you need a cleaning product, I would dilute it very much

I'd sure try power washing first. If that doesn't work, maybe Simple Green will help for the tough spots. It's a non-toxic product invented by a Dad after his toddler was affected by a cleaning chemical.

Readily available.

Roaddog53 04-04-2013 02:07 PM

I asked the crew that painted my lanai and pool area what do they recommend to clean it. They said to mix 1/2 water and 1/2 bleach and let it set for about 20 minutes (not in direct sunlight), than power wash it. I have been doing it since last year, and also have rugs where you can see the difference in dirt, and it comes out like new each time. The bleach also does not hurt the pool since it is chlorine. I just try not to get a lot in the pool.

jebartle 04-04-2013 02:46 PM

I highly recommend

Ugly Grout Be Gone, they cleaned our circular driveway for $50 and did a fantastic job, cleaned our courtyard for $50, and all the tile in our house for $99...:clap2::clap2::clap2:

BettyCrocked 04-23-2013 01:03 PM

I'm going to tackle mine this weekend. I'm not as worried about water and bleach going in the pool as I am the dirt! My pool cleaner said that some companies would just wash it all into the pool and then he had to charge extra to clean it out.
Seems the most difficult part will be directing it all out the doors on either end.