Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Consignment shop near The Villages? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/consignment-shop-near-villages-81728/)

YouNeverKnow 07-05-2013 10:36 AM

Consignment shop near The Villages?

We brought too much furniture and need to sell some. Is there a consignment shop near the Villages that will pick up furniture and sell it for you?
If not, any suggestions of places that will pick up the furniture and we can donate it to them?
Tired to sell it on TOTV but no takers.
Thanks!

graciegirl 07-05-2013 10:55 AM

Bargains and Treasures and Neerly New are two great consignment shops not only to sell things for you but to find some awesome stuff. They only take things in excellent condition. Bargains and Treasures sets the price and gives you 55 percent of the sales price. Very reliable and have been in business for quite some time.

skyguy79 07-05-2013 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 703128)
Bargains and Treasures and Neerly New are two great consignment shops not only to sell things for you but to find some awesome stuff. They only take things in excellent condition. Bargains and Treasures sets the price and gives you 55 percent of the sales price. Very reliable and have been in business for quite some time.

We have consigned at Bargains & Treasures and were satisfied with their service. However, as far as I know of Neerlee New does not consign - they purchase used and some new furniture. We sold a desk to them in the past, but you don't really get a whole lot for your items because they need to cover the risk, expense and profit factors.

There is another consignment shop in Fruitland Park not too far from Neerlee New. It's called the Furniture Barn. We've purchased quite a bit from them, but haven't consigned. Furniture Barn Website

TunaFish 07-05-2013 11:42 AM

I sold some furniture on craigs list. On the Ocala site.

gomoho 07-05-2013 12:12 PM

Had great luck with Bargains and Treasures - actually ended up getting more after their cut then I had the items listed at for sale on TOTV!!!

YouNeverKnow 07-05-2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gomoho (Post 703179)
Had great luck with Bargains and Treasures - actually ended up getting more after their cut then I had the items listed at for sale on TOTV!!!

Will they pick up the furniture?

debzaranti 07-05-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michiganders (Post 703192)
Will they pick up the furniture?

Yes, Bargains and Treasures will come to your home and pick up the furniture. I've dealt with them quite a bit in the past, both buying and selling. The guys that came to the house to pick up the stuff I was selling were very careful and respectful of our home. I thought they gave us a fair price. I noticed Gracie said they give 55% on consignment. Things may have changed in the past few years (since I've consigned anything), but at the time I did, I got 65%.

Just give them a call and tell them you have items you'd like to sell. They are open from around 9 or 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (I think)...M thru Sa. Good luck! (p.s. we are from suburban Chicago).

princess2u 07-20-2013 11:21 PM

Donating to charity

Habitat for Humanity comes and picks up your furniture if you want to donate to a local charity.