Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Constuction at CR 466A and Powell Road (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/constuction-cr-466a-powell-road-82948/)

Ragman 07-19-2013 02:04 PM

Constuction at CR 466A and Powell Road

Anyone know what is being built at the corner of 466A and Powell Road by the library?

skip0358 07-19-2013 02:16 PM

Could be Walgreens I believe it was stated they were adding a store down that way. Also there was an article I believe in the POA question and answer section about other Gas stations coming. So take your pic.

John_W 07-19-2013 02:21 PM

Behind the Walgreens under construction is the Sweetbay shopping center under construction. If you do a search you'll see some threads from a couple of months ago, I believe originally it was going to be a Publix. The Villages Sun newspaper had several articles about what new stores were signing up, Yogurt, Subway, etc., I think about 25 rental spaces.

kittygilchrist 07-19-2013 03:39 PM

darn! I was so looking fwd to another publix.

janieb 07-19-2013 03:45 PM

I am thinking that this is Pinella's Plaza, when you look on Villages.com under new to the Villages there are a lot of stores listed for Pinella's plaza

KathieI 07-19-2013 04:03 PM

Stores coming to Pinellas Place:
  • Sweetbay Supermarket - Pinellas Plaza
  • Walgreens - Pinellas Plaza
  • Subway - Pinellas Plaza
  • Village Dental - Pinellas Plaza
  • Solar Nails - Pinellas Plaza
  • Peachwave - Pinellas Plaza
  • Peepers - Pinellas Plaza
  • Paws & Claws - Pinellas Plaza
  • China Gourmet - Pinellas Plaza
  • Citizens First Bank - Pinellas Plaza
  • Beltone Hearing Center - Pinellas Plaza
  • Better Health Chiropractic - Pinellas Plaza
  • The Villages Insurance - Pinellas Plaza

Duvalboomer 07-19-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 711073)
Behind the Walgreens under construction is the Sweetbay shopping center under construction. If you do a search you'll see some threads from a couple of months ago, I believe originally it was going to be a Publix. The Villages Sun newspaper had several articles about what new stores were signing up, Yogurt, Subway, etc., I think about 25 rental spaces.

This is correct

Ragman 07-19-2013 05:27 PM

I'm not talking about the Sweetbay-Pinellas Plaza complex.

This is the lot right on the southeast corner.

spk7951 07-19-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragman (Post 711183)
I'm not talking about the Sweetbay-Pinellas Plaza complex.

This is the lot right on the southeast corner.

We noticed that yesterday and my first thought was maybe that is where the bank is going to be. Not next to the plaza but over on the corner in front of the county bldg.

Ragman 07-19-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spk7951 (Post 711206)
We noticed that yesterday and my first thought was maybe that is where the bank is going to be. Not next to the plaza but over on the corner in front of the county bldg.

The bank building is on the east side of the plaza; you can see the beams for the drive-thru lanes.

spk7951 07-20-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragman (Post 711213)
The bank building is on the east side of the plaza; you can see the beams for the drive-thru lanes.

Guess that means the question of what is being built at 466A and Powell is still open.

skip0358 07-20-2013 09:07 AM

I still go with Walgreens !

NotGolfer 07-20-2013 12:33 PM

Drove down there today...we're thinking that building the OP is asking about could be the new USF/health clinic. It's amazing how this whole complex is shaping up!!!

skip0358 07-20-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotGolfer (Post 711545)
Drove down there today...we're thinking that building the OP is asking about could be the new USF/health clinic. It's amazing how this whole complex is shaping up!!!

The big building that's closest to the golf course I believe is Marcus Welby Medical.

kittygilchrist 07-20-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI (Post 711143)
Stores coming to Pinellas Place:
  • Sweetbay Supermarket - Pinellas Plaza
  • Walgreens - Pinellas Plaza
  • Subway - Pinellas Plaza
  • Village Dental - Pinellas Plaza
  • Solar Nails - Pinellas Plaza
  • Peachwave - Pinellas Plaza
  • Peepers - Pinellas Plaza
  • Paws & Claws - Pinellas Plaza
  • China Gourmet - Pinellas Plaza
  • Citizens First Bank - Pinellas Plaza
  • Beltone Hearing Center - Pinellas Plaza
  • Better Health Chiropractic - Pinellas Plaza
  • The Villages Insurance - Pinellas Plaza

well, if I can't have a publix at least I can take emma in the golf-cart-to-be to share a meatball sub at Subway. We shopped for cart today, and it was progress but she still needs to heave her 65 lbs against a stable point, which includes the fwd reverse gear and the gas pedal. No joy yet on the right cart. she's trainable, but I don't have those alice in wonderland pills to make her small.