Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Village of Fruitland Park (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/village-fruitland-park-88684/)

Chinook 09-17-2013 11:59 PM

Village of Fruitland Park

Can anyone clarify for me who is developing the Village of Fruitland Park? I saw on a news web site there is a plan for about 2000 new houses in Fruitland and I cannot determine if Morse is developing this or another builder.
Something about golf cart accessibility was also mentioned.
Thanks,
Sue:wave:

mulligan 09-18-2013 06:15 AM

TV has an option on that land, and is negotiating with Fruitland Park about permitting, zoning, utilities, etc. Should be settled in a couple of months. It looks like it will connect to TV over near Sarasota.

OldManTime 09-18-2013 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinook (Post 747868)
Can anyone clarify for me who is developing the Village of Fruitland Park? I saw on a news web site there is a plan for about 2000 new houses in Fruitland and I cannot determine if Morse is developing this or another builder.
Something about golf cart accessibility was also mentioned.
Thanks,
Sue:wave:

The Villages developer is, meeting tomorrow by Fruitland Park commission

janmcn 09-18-2013 10:18 AM

Anyone planning on attending tomorrow night's meeting better get there early as the hall only holds 100 people and they are expecting a large crowd.

graciegirl 09-18-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janmcn (Post 748119)
Anyone planning on attending tonight's meeting better get there early as the hall only holds 100 people and they are expecting a large crowd.

http://www.*******************/fruit...sino-building/

Why?

Bogie Shooter 09-18-2013 11:20 AM

Why would villages residents attend this meeting?

janmcn 09-18-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 748151)
Why would villages residents attend this meeting?

Maybe to see the plans and road improvements and any future commercial developments. This development will impact those living close to the east side of CR466A.

bluedog103 09-18-2013 12:29 PM

They probably expect a large crowd from Fruitland Park. 4000 residents from TV moving into their town will change it forever. Unless someone stands to make money on this Villages expansion they're likely to oppose it. The 2012 census shows the population of Fruitland Park at a little over 4000 residents. I think there's also the issue of golf cart access. Presently Fruitland Park allows golf carts on some streets. It's not likely that the developer will want to grant these carts access to TV.

Bogie Shooter 09-18-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janmcn (Post 748190)
Maybe to see the plans and road improvements and any future commercial developments. This development will impact those living close to the east side of CR466A.

east side? 466A runs east and west.
I think village residents would just be taking up seats from the Fruitland Park residents. We will see he road changes and commercial development when it happens.

mulligan 09-18-2013 01:35 PM

TV residents would have no standing in the meeting.

Snookie 09-18-2013 02:49 PM

Morse wants to develop the Village of Fruitland Park.
Fruitland Park wanted to have use of our Rec Centers and Morse said it is not going to happen. Fruitland Park now wants Morse to build them a rec center.

If it is a go it will be a double edged sword for Fruitland Park.

1. They will be under our control in the fact that we will have a voting majority with us out numbering the people living in Fruitland Park.

2. The other side is that they will loose millions of dollars in taxes, if they do not let us build. Those are their trade offs as I see it.

I think Morse will build them their own rec center and say "Here it is, you staff it and take care of it we are done with it." This is only my guess.

Snookie:wave::wave::wave:

graciegirl 09-18-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snookie (Post 748305)
Morse wants to develop the Village of Fruitland Park.
Fruitland Park wanted to have use of our Rec Centers and Morse said it is not going to happen. Fruitland Park now wants Morse to build them a rec center.

If it is a go it will be a double edged sword for Fruitland Park.

1. They will be under our control in the fact that we will have a voting majority with us out numbering the people living in Fruitland Park.

2. The other side is that they will loose millions of dollars in taxes, if they do not let us build. Those are their trade offs as I see it.

I think Morse will build them their own rec center and say "Here it is, you staff it and take care of it we are done with it." This is only my guess.

Snookie:wave::wave::wave:

We will see. I say he will not have to build them a rec center and they will let him buy and develop the land on his terms.

shcisamax 09-18-2013 03:35 PM

Place your bets.

Patty55 09-18-2013 03:44 PM

I'm betting on TV.

travelguy 09-18-2013 06:09 PM

but are they serving refreshments?