Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Chengs Restaurant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/chengs-restaurant-89179/)

marianne237 09-23-2013 09:19 AM

Chengs Restaurant

Hadn't been to Chengs in quite a while and decided to try it again as it used to be a favorite. :sad: Quite disappointing. What has changed there? The service is very good, but the food just lacks.

buggyone 09-23-2013 12:40 PM

Is Chengs the restaurant that is in front of WalMart on 466?

I have not eaten there so I do not know anything about the food. I personally like Chinese food but my wife has dietary restrictions and cannot do Chinese.

The thing I find a little strange is that the restaurant is right next to a nail salon. Kind of an unappealing thing to me for those two businesses (run by same people?) being that close.

REDCART 09-23-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marianne237 (Post 751068)
Hadn't been to Chengs in quite a while and decided to try it again as it used to be a favorite. :sad: Quite disappointing. What has changed there? The service is very good, but the food just lacks.

My family were also regulars at Chengs but stopped going this past May. When the original staff left for a visit to the homeland, it started to decline and it never recovered. It's a shame because Chengs had been better than other Chinese restaurants in the area for many years.

George

Fairmount 09-23-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gryoung (Post 751213)
My family were also regulars at Chengs but stopped going this past May. When the original staff left for a visit to the homeland, it started to decline and it never recovered. It's a shame because Chengs had been better than other Chinese restaurants in the area for many years.

George

I agree. Chengs went totally downhill when the old staff departed.

algi45 09-23-2013 02:39 PM

Cheng's

Quote:

Originally Posted by marianne237 (Post 751068)

Had lunch there today and the food is very good at a very reasonable price. Best Chinese in The Villages. Lacks what? To be fair, when you attack a restaurant, you should be specific.

mmac321 09-23-2013 04:19 PM

Cheng's has gone down hill...

... we now go to KOYAME

CatherineInParadise 02-03-2015 11:24 AM

Good food at a good price

In my short time living here I had take out three times already and loved it...can't believe the negative comments. Very reasonable lunch specials with generous portion sizes. The staff is always friendly and the food is ready for a quick pick up. Who cares that they are next to a nail salon? That was an unnecessary comment especially since that person never even ate at Chengs.

gerryann 02-03-2015 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatherineInParadise (Post 1005757)
In my short time living here I had take out three times already and loved it...can't believe the negative comments. Very reasonable lunch specials with generous portion sizes. The staff is always friendly and the food is ready for a quick pick up. Who cares that they are next to a nail salon? That was an unnecessary comment especially since that person never even ate at Chengs.

Not fair to a business to bring up a thread that is two years old filled with negative comments.

CatherineInParadise 02-03-2015 11:45 AM

I didn't mean to do that. I am new on here and just realized the date. I just wanted to voice my opinion on how much I like their food.

gerryann 02-03-2015 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CatherineInParadise (Post 1005775)
I didn't mean to do that. I am new on here and just realized the date. I just wanted to voice my opinion on how much I like their food.

Sometimes it just helps a business to start a new thread about a good experience. Possibly they are new owners, new workers , etc,etc. I'm glad you liked it.....I do too. 😊

aflint 02-03-2015 02:10 PM

Chengs

I get their takeout Combo and eggplant & garlic sauce and it's best Chinese I have tasted in the Villages. Plenty of food that it lasts for several meals.