Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lamp Post Address Signs (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lamp-post-address-signs-9184/)

MSNPA 08-09-2007 05:29 PM

Lamp Post Address Signs

Where does everyone buy their address signs for their Lamp Posts? When I walk I see some great ones,
however I don't see a great selection from the vendor at Lake Sumter Landing. He only sells black and white, but everywhere I walk I see colors and various designs which he does not have. Thanks!

Becky 08-09-2007 05:35 PM

Re: Lamp Post Address Signs

I ordered one from the vendor but also have a catalog called Home Improvements that have various designs in it.

Becky

Avista 08-09-2007 06:10 PM

Our Sales Representative bought ours for us. He asked us what we wanted and the next time we drove by the house (before closing), it was in place. We had a great sales rep. Contact me if anyone wants his name.

JohnZ 08-09-2007 07:47 PM

If you go to one of the vendor market meets held frequently at each of the squares, there is usually a booth or two where there will be a wide selection of signs which can be personalized for you in minutes in most cases..

golfnut 08-09-2007 08:46 PM

We bought ours from a vendor at the square.

Frangyomory 08-09-2007 08:58 PM

I know one of the vendors. J. Perez who lives here inTall Trees. You can reach her at 352 430 0406. She also does the names for golf carts.

marsuewerb 08-09-2007 10:12 PM

I purchased my Lighted Name sign from Jack Burkart (Village Resident) 259-1031. According to his Business Card, he is on the Square every Thursday. He has a large assortment of sign designs. I highly recommend him!

Margi

Barefoot 08-09-2007 11:20 PM

[quote=Avista ]
Our Sales Representative bought ours for us. He asked us what we wanted and the next time we drove by the house (before closing), it was in place. We had a great sales rep. Contact me if anyone wants his name.

Avista .. perhaps we had the same great sales rep. Our Sales Rep also asked to buy us a sign as a "welcoming" gift.
The Agent demonstrated care and honesty throughout the transaction.

Peggy D 08-10-2007 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avista

Avista,
Who was your sales rep? I know we will end up in TV, but all the comments about bad deals is upsetting.

What villages to stay away from? Poor Jan

Thanks, Peggy D

Avista 08-10-2007 06:24 AM

Peggy, I sent you a Private Message.

Frangyomory 08-10-2007 07:07 AM

Peggy, be sure to read the train thread and you might want to be sure to stay away from any village around or anywhere near the train tracks on 301. I am far enough away that it is a faint sound that I enjoy but if I lived near Jan I would be very unhappy. Be sure to get a map and check out the villages away from the tracks. I would also not want to be in any of the villages planned near Wildwood. Have lived here two years and would NOT want to be close in to Wildwood due to crime issues.

All things being said, the developers are money grabbers but the Villages is still a wonderful place to live where the people are mostly friendly and happy much of the time. There is a lot to do for those who want to be busy and still, if you are the quiet type, you can enjoy yourself here. At this point for me, I plan to join the Property Owners Association and become more involved in what happens here. I know the developer won't listen but I think if enough of us get together and try to make changes, someone will have to sit up and say....hmmmmm maybe these people have a point!

Good luck! Keep reading and posting here because you will get ALL points of view from posters and hosts!!! :bigthumbsup: