Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Mezza Luna - Dinner Last Night (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/mezza-luna-dinner-last-night-92603/)

Bonny 10-25-2013 10:37 AM

Mezza Luna - Dinner Last Night

Mezza Luna will be opening soon. When they firm up an opening date, I'll try to remember to post it.
We went last night with friends for dinner. Right now they are doing a few nights with friends & family.
We had 6 of us and it was delicious !! We all ordered our own appetizers, soup or salad and meal.
For appetizers we had crab cake balls, stuffed mushrooms, calamari and coconut shrimp.
Then for our soup or salad choice we choose minestrone, pasta fagioli & ceasar salad.
For our meals, I had Penne Rosina (I asked for angel hair pasta instead, no problem), hubby had Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo (my favorite) others had Ravioli, Penne Arrabiata, Sirloin and a Shrimp dish.
The owners are all nice. It's very pretty inside. We looked at all the prices and they are very reasonable.
I think this will be a popular place. I love the bar and there are 5 TVs around the bar area.
Happy Hour is very good. 11:00 - 7:00. $5.00 martinis, $2.95 house wines and well drinks were either $2.25 or $2.50. I can't remember which.
Great bartenders that a lot of you will know. "Grandpa" Jeff, Fran and Darci. Not sure who else.

Uptown Girl 10-25-2013 11:30 AM

Thanks, Bonny!
Looking forward to giving it a visit!!!

Mary Lou 10-25-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonny (Post 768344)
Mezza Luna will be opening soon. When they firm up an opening date, I'll try to remember to post it.
We went last night with friends for dinner. Right now they are doing a few nights with friends & family.
We had 6 of us and it was delicious !! We all ordered our own appetizers, soup or salad and meal.
For appetizers we had crab cake balls, stuffed mushrooms, calamari and coconut shrimp.
Then for our soup or salad choice we choose minestrone, pasta fagioli & ceasar salad.
For our meals, I had Penne Rosina (I asked for angel hair pasta instead, no problem), hubby had Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo (my favorite) others had Ravioli, Penne Arrabiata, Sirloin and a Shrimp dish.
The owners are all nice. It's very pretty inside. We looked at all the prices and they are very reasonable.
I think this will be a popular place. I love the bar and there are 5 TVs around the bar area.
Happy Hour is very good. 11:00 - 7:00. $5.00 martinis, $2.95 house wines and well drinks were either $2.25 or $2.50. I can't remember which.
Great bartenders that a lot of you will know. "Grandpa" Jeff, Fran and Darci. Not sure who else.

Is this in Brownwood or Colony? I know there are new Italian restaurants opening in both places.

Thanks!

Mary Lou

Bonny 10-25-2013 11:55 AM

This is in Colony where CiCi's used to be.

justjim 10-25-2013 12:38 PM

We look forward to good Italian food---never get enough. When is it projected to open to the public? Thanks for the "heads up" review.

Shirleevee 10-25-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonny (Post 768344)

I had the pleasure of eating at Mezzaluna in Manalapan NJ, and if the food is as good, it will be a keeper:sing:

hansel 10-25-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shirleevee (Post 768432)
I had the pleasure of eating at Mezzaluna in Manalapan NJ, and if the food is as good, it will be a keeper:sing:

Lived in Manalapan but never ate there, Anxious to try it out here in the Villages.

Bonny 10-25-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 768420)
We look forward to good Italian food---never get enough. When is it projected to open to the public? Thanks for the "heads up" review.

Probably one day next week.

John_W 10-25-2013 03:39 PM

I played golf at Havana yesterday and a couple of people there who live in Sanibel said they heard it was opening next Tuesday.

BarryRX 10-25-2013 03:55 PM

Sounds great and I can't wait for them to open, although they will have a hard time beating the the quality of food that was served at CiCi's (only kidding).

LittleDog 10-29-2013 02:58 PM

Went there today. They were open just for lunch. I guess it's a soft opening. They didn't know when they would open full time. Plenty of staff around. Unfortunately my wife and I both ordered spaghetti and meatballs. It cost only $7.95. What I liked about it other than it tasted great was the fact that the portions were just right. Usually most restaurants give you too much but this was just the right size. That's basically all we had other than my wife had a glass of wine and I had a diet soda (designated driver). The sauce is home made and was very good. I think this place will be a keeper. We did order the spaghetti with angel hair but it was angel hair but that's just a small problem. My wife usually doesn't like italian meatballs but she liked these. They were very good.

Can't wait for some other comments.

John

talgeria 11-01-2013 01:50 PM

Mezzaluna

Lived 5 miles from them in new jersey. If the food is as good they will always be full.

sharonga 11-01-2013 03:08 PM

My sister lived in Manalapan. Her friends know the owners and they say they are wonderful restaurant owners. Can't wait to eat there.

Bonny 11-01-2013 03:11 PM

Yes, the owners are very nice. We really liked it there !

skyguy79 11-01-2013 04:41 PM

We got food to go from Mezza Luna yesterday. I had angel hair pasta with sausage and my wife had lasagna. To be brief I'll just say this... we definitely can't wait to order from there again, but we might have trouble in deciding what we want! :clap2:
:mmmm: