Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Scooples Ice Cream Parlor and Restaurant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/scooples-ice-cream-parlor-restaurant-97797/)

ltckochde 12-10-2013 08:49 PM

Scooples Ice Cream Parlor and Restaurant

We had dinner at Bonifay tonight, and we're discussing what well replace TGI Friday,'s. The rumor going around was that the manager of Bonifay and Evans Prairie would soon be opening up Friday's with a different themed facility. With the Bonifay bill was an advertisement for a gift card that could be used at Bonifay, Evans Prairie, and Scooples Ice Cream Parlor & Restaurant (opening January 2014). Now you know the rest of the story.

Phanatic Luvr 12-10-2013 08:57 PM

Scooples Ice Cream is located in Brownwood, right between City Fire and the movie theater. It has not opened yet, the last time I checked.
The free gift cards certificates offered by Bonifay and Evans Prairie, the ones I have seen for $25.00 has a slight hitch to them. You need to have someone set up an appointment and try and sell you an over-priced water softener system before you get your $25.00 gift certificate. I have also seen other establishments in and around TV's doing the same promotion. I think, but don't hold me to this, the Shell Station has one also. Just be careful out there.

Bogie Shooter 12-11-2013 08:04 AM

Start of a poor rumor.....................:mornincoffee:

champion6 12-11-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 793684)
Start of a poor rumor.....................:mornincoffee:

Only if you repeat it :laugh:

Finallyfree 12-13-2013 11:14 AM

Per the manager at Evans Prairie, Scooples should open the 19th df December and the TGIF location will be a steakhouse opening in February timeframe. Can't wait for both to open, always like new options.

Theeb 12-14-2013 09:51 AM

Scooples was open yesterday, 12/13.

Bonny 12-14-2013 11:35 AM

They are open for friends and family yesterday & today.

Celebrator 12-14-2013 03:53 PM

Stopped by yesterday and they were open although grand opening will occur at a later date. Ice cream was very good but portion was quite small.

Futurevillager2013 12-14-2013 06:23 PM

We passed by last night and went in, they wanted to seat us but we had just ate. It looks lovely can't wait to try it when our daughters arrive for the holidays.

CFrance 12-14-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ltckochde (Post 793557)
We had dinner at Bonifay tonight, and we're discussing what well replace TGI Friday,'s. The rumor going around was that the manager of Bonifay and Evans Prairie would soon be opening up Friday's with a different themed facility. With the Bonifay bill was an advertisement for a gift card that could be used at Bonifay, Evans Prairie, and Scooples Ice Cream Parlor & Restaurant (opening January 2014). Now you know the rest of the story.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr (Post 793560)
Scooples Ice Cream is located in Brownwood, right between City Fire and the movie theater. It has not opened yet, the last time I checked.
The free gift cards certificates offered by Bonifay and Evans Prairie, the ones I have seen for $25.00 has a slight hitch to them. You need to have someone set up an appointment and try and sell you an over-priced water softener system before you get your $25.00 gift certificate. I have also seen other establishments in and around TV's doing the same promotion. I think, but don't hold me to this, the Shell Station has one also. Just be careful out there.

Now that is the rest of the story! thanks for the heads-up, Phanatic.

Bonny 12-14-2013 10:04 PM

Went today. I had the hot ham & cheese with potato salad. Hubby got a chili dog with the potato salad. It was all delicious ! Then we finished up with a scoop of ice cream. Me butter pecan, hubby rum raisin. Very good. It's a great addition to Brownwood !!!

janmcn 12-15-2013 01:59 PM

Does anybody know if Scooples will be serving breakfast?

Bonny 12-15-2013 02:12 PM

A light breakfast. Bagels, muffins and things like that.

philnpat 01-14-2014 04:25 PM

Visited Scooples the other day after golf. We were seated quickly but noticed all the tables were full, people were waiting for their food and service was scurrying. They pulled it off!
The owner/manager greeted us, took our drink order and explained it was their busiest day so far. Our meals came out quickly...food was good...the chef came out to check on our meals and asked if there was anything they could do better.
I was pleased and will go back.
and...they DO have chocolate malts! Didn't order one but will soon.

al & jane 01-14-2014 04:30 PM

Been there twice and going back this weekend with friends. We enjoy the salads, wraps, great service and, of course, the ice cream.