Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Evergreen Buffett and Grill?? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/evergreen-buffett-grill-99796/)

YouNeverKnow 01-02-2014 08:34 AM

Evergreen Buffett and Grill??

Has anyone tried the Evergreen Buffet and Grill in Pinellas Plaza? Would like a review from someone that has tried it.

Bonny 01-02-2014 08:51 AM

Click on the Search button on top and type in Evergreen Buffet. There is a 3 page thread with reviews. Or you can go to the home page here and click on restaurants.

shully13 01-02-2014 08:56 AM

Evergreen Buffet

Excellent. The best in all of the villages.

Phoneman 01-02-2014 09:03 AM

Very good, 20% coupon in today's paper

Bogie Shooter 01-02-2014 09:36 AM

Check the Gourmet Club listing.
The Villages Gourmet Club Restaurant Reviews Page 1

Boudicca 01-02-2014 10:17 AM

We went there last week, and it was very much to our liking. The containers were not overflowing, nor empty with "scrapings" sitting in the bottom and wre replenished often, everything was very clean, with MANY choices. We hardly scratched the surface, knowing we will return. There was an ice cream cooler for help yourself choices, along with fruit, jello and puddings for those not wanting to go the ice cream route for desert. Oh yes, and cookies.... We were guests, and did not look at the price options, but have since realized that while one could eat elesewhere for less, the choices offered at the buffet justify the price.

e-flyer 01-02-2014 01:04 PM

My take:

The grilled food was very fresh, and good quality, the steam tables….well not the best I've had, and not a lot of variety compared to others I've gone to. The hot & sour soup had no flavor or heat. Lots of near empty food trays, empty ice cream containers, and the service was so so. They never came around again for refills on hot tea or other drinks. A bit high priced for the value, but I'm sure the Villages rent is costing them a bundle. It will be interesting to see how it does long term. I'm on the bubble as to whether I'll go back or not.

Bizdoc 01-02-2014 04:03 PM

We were there Christmas night. Very busy. They were struggling to keep the food trays full (or as full as they could get). I was able to eat everything that I wanted.

Food was good. We plan to return. Price in line with similar buffets. Keep in mind that they just opened and still have a few kinks to work out.

dolpterry 01-02-2014 04:21 PM

Higher price then any Chinese buffet around, also less meat choices. What they had was hot and tasty and they did have grill they would cook up your choice of ingredients on. Will try again after awhile to see if they have added any extra choices.

DandyGirl 01-02-2014 04:21 PM

We went today and it was all good. The egg foo yung was very tasty as was the crab ragoon!